Photo TR: Six Flags Over Georgia

2 Days at Six Flags Over Georgia
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Photo TR: Six Flags Over Georgia

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Just got back from spending 2 days at Six Flags Over Georgia! Attempting to visit all of the Six Flags Parks in the next 2-3 years. My home park is SFSTL.

I'll start with our hotel that we stayed at. Sometimes it's hard to find good reviews of hotels from people that you can trust! Anyways we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Fairburn, Ga. It's only about 20-25 minutes from the park. We didn't have any traffic issues at all. The hotel is fairly new, only a few years old. The location is great and lots of restaurants in the area. Breakfast was included with our stay,so that's a bonus! Pretty good food selection and food quality is better than McDonald's! Our average nightly rate was about $115, not including taxes. Very clean ( I'm picky about my hotels) and their hospitality was top notch! I highly recommend them if you need a hotel in this area!

I really loved this park! It is very clean! I was very impressed with how clean it was and how fresh everything felt in the park! This park seems to have a bigger layout than my home park SFSTL. Lots of places to sit indoors and have lunch or a snack while cooling off in the Georgia Heat! It was nearly 100 degrees with heat index reaching 107!

The steel roller coaster lineup is very good from Batman, Superman, Dare Devil Dive, Goliath, Blue Hawk, Georgia Scorcher, Dahlonega Mine Train
and the legendary Mind Bender!

Now, the park really needs a new wooden roller coaster in my opinion. Something that is tall and fast! The Georgia Cyclone and Great American Scream Machine are OK, but aren't very fast nor are they tall.

Six Flags Over Georgia has 2 awesome kiddie areas! DC Super Friends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown. Excellent selection of rides along with great theming! Our kids enjoyed them!

The Hurricane Harbor water park is not the biggest water park, but it's still new and very clean. They don't have a lot of things to do in the water park unlike other Hurricane Harbor Water parks. They have one big 4 person raft slide called Tsunami Surge. This slide was awesome. Since it's the only big slide in the water park, the line does get long very quickly, so be sure to ride this slide first thing. The Bonzai Pipeline slides are your average single or double rider tube slides. The main family area is called Paradise Island. Our kids loved this, lots of things to climb and water slides to go down!

Overall we had a great experience and would recommend visiting the park! I really didn't have any complaints about the park. Just needs a bigger woodie! :lol:
01.jpg
1.JPG
Great hotel to stay at! a+++++
2.jpg
Pool
3.jpg
This little pancake making machine is awesome!
4.jpg
Yummy!
5.jpg
Batman will keep our SUV safe!
6.jpg
Could use a little TLC in cleaning!
7.jpg
Love curvy track!
8.jpg
This was actually a fun coaster!
9.jpg
Ready for the day!
10.jpg
Very nice! Love the brick!
11.jpg
Very nice!
12.jpg
Love Gotham City! My favorite themed area!
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
Fireball... Wait I mean The Joker Chaos Coaster
17.jpg
My Uber has arrived!
18.jpg
First time riding a stand-up roller coaster! It was ok!
19.jpg
The Blue Hawk. Sure does look pretty!
20.jpg
A little token of appreciation!
21.jpg
My daughter! We always ride front row!
22.jpg
The refurbishments of Blue Hawk look nice!
23.jpg
Up above in the Sky Buckets overlooking Bugs Bunny Boomtown
24.jpg
25.jpg
Dc Super Friends!
26.jpg
This was definitely the coolest kids ride in the park!
27.jpg
Very nice kids coaster!
28.jpg
Kiddie drop tower!
29.jpg
Hurricane Harbor
30.jpg
Just before we went in!
31.jpg
Safety break! This is the wave pool!
32.jpg
Another shot of the wave-pool and Tsunami Surge
33.jpg
Cabana rentals
34.jpg
Nice packages to chose from
35.jpg
Paradise Island
37.jpg
Paradise Island. They did have the yellow slides in the photo working just after I took the photo!
38.jpg
Paradise Island
39.jpg
Paradise Island
41.jpg
Nothing like waiting 10 min to fill your soda cup!
42.jpg
Nice bathhouse
43.jpg
Ahhh Shark!!
44.jpg
What goes up....
45.jpg
Must come down

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Photo TR: Six Flags Over Georgia

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Very nice to see pictures of the newer rides.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby liamre4 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Good TR!
Last edited by liamre4 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:36 am.
Do you geocache?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Great TR! I too love seeing reports from my home park. In response to your comments about a larger wooden coaster, I am a big fan of both woodies in the park, but I do think a GCI (although that isn't bigger) would fit in the park nicely. Great American Scream Machine opened as the tallest coaster in the world and I would still call that a large wooden coaster even by today's standards.

Glad y'all had a great time and no complaints! SFOG definitely is one of the nicest parks in the chain and has a solid line up (no bad coasters really) but the operations leave so much to be desired from my experience.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:50 pm

the park is really beautiful.

hoping I get a chance to check it out Labor Day weekend (will be in Atlanta for Dragon*con.. . too bad it's weekends only in a 4 weeks, as I'm there the whole week and would have loved to go on a Wednesday).

but hoping THIS year, we finally get off our butts and go!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Great report and photos. Love this park!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Great photos. Looks like a really nice park, not just a nice "Six Flags park." Thanks for sharing!
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks everyone!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 am

Gotham City is my favorite part of the park, too. I've never seen it look so bright.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CPKI » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:27 am

Password121 wrote:Great photos. Looks like a really nice park, not just a nice "Six Flags park." Thanks for sharing!

I don't see any photos, just words.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Top 5 Steel Coasters: 1. Phantom's Revenge 2. Maverick 3. Intimidator 305 4. SFOG Goliath 5. Diamondback
Top 5 Wood Coasters: 1. Phoenix 2. Mystic Timbers 3. Voyage 4. Beast 5. Knoebels Twister

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!