TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

"So we totally just listened to #PopeFrancis speak in VaticanCity and we didn't instantly burst into flames! lol Religion achievement unlocked! This fills our "Jesus quota" for at least the next decade, right?" - Robb.

Get your 'Jesus on' for a few minutes and then sin for the next decade? Sounds good to me. If religion was more like this I might actually get into it. Thanks for all of the pictures of the European parks, their landscaping makes their parks such a pleasure to look at.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see you are enjoying my country! It would be fun to meet you around at some theme park, but I understand it's just a family and friends trip so it will be for another time with the other enthusiasts !

Once in 2010 I saw Elissa and the other tpr guys queueing at Gardaland for Space Vertigo and they let me surpass the group because they wanted to ride it togheter, but I don't know why I haven't started conversating with them

Thanks Robb for all the updates. I have followed along the whole trip. It is unlikely that I will ever do a trip this long, but for future planning purposes, what would you say was your favorite 7-10 day leg not including the Cruise and Italian parks? I am just curious for your opinion, really!

Any parts of the trip that included Europa Park.

OK I lied...here is a BONUS REPORT!!! and yes, it's sort of theme park related!!! Today we did a "day trip" to Venice. Yes, that's sort of crazy, but Kristen had never seen Venice before and it's such a fascinating town that only be an hour away from it by plane was something we decided to do. So here's our whirlwind trip to one of the coolest cities in Europe!

CnJCCjhWYAA6VL1.jpg

CnJCCjjWAAATuEH.jpg

CnJCCjmWAAArLTY.jpg

CnJCCnNWIAAvMAW.jpg

In Italy, at the airport here are some options for breakfast. It's all wonderful! America, you're doing it wrong!

CnJE9dkW8AAH1hi.jpg

CnJE9dkWYAALj23.jpg

CnJE9dmXEAAt9-J.jpg

CnJE9iqWEAAOxEn.jpg

I think @ElissaAlvey just found her personal heaven... And this is at the freakin' AIRPORT! lol

13632615_10154356788892244_339172969_o.thumb.jpg.67dbbf0359a8df5a20a201368d525010.jpg

Getting ready to board our plane!

CnJnraLUsAAXK60.jpg

Kristen just checking out this cool & unique view in Venice!

CnJp_49UkAAtQno.jpg

CnJp_5CUIAAkj00.jpg

CnJp_5FVYAAjJom.jpg

CnJp_9bUMAACqT_.jpg

Venice is a city with boats as main source of transportation. No cars. Such a unique and very European place!

CnKM3qKWgAAy-lH.jpg

CnKM3qbWgAAmk4b.jpg

CnKM3qtWcAAfH7w.jpg

CnKM3rUWIAA9Zs_.jpg

My current view of #Venice! The waterways are very pretty and very unique! Great city!

CnKNRFwXEAA9a2t.jpg

CnKNRGsWcAAjNkq.jpg

CnKNRGCWcAAqyh4.jpg

CnKNRGbXEAAjLF1.jpg

Painting Venetian masks in #Venice, of course!

CnKPoHuWEAEvHaU.jpg

OMG! Now THAT is a caprese salad! "Some of the best cheese I've ever had!"-Elissa Alvey

CnKUCxaWAAA3HMp.jpg

CnKUCxsWIAEkovb.jpg

CnKUCx-XgAAJf_A.jpg

Another positive about #Venice? The food is ridiculously good!

CnKeTb-W8AAgCMi.jpg

The owner of the Pizzeria gave us this mandarin liquor and it was heavenly!

CnKmWPkWgAA96Gl.jpg

CnKmWPlWIAAtgBO.jpg

CnKmWSAWIAAOqbE.jpg

Hey look! We are at Epcot at Walt Disney World! Wait, no... We're in actual Venice!

CnKuKmbW8AA9IQ2.jpg

CnKuKmWWIAAkHZY.jpg

CnKuKmYXgAEJsJK.jpg

CnKuKpUW8AAcWUn.jpg

Venice from the top of the tower in St. Mark's Square! Fantastic!

CnKvzWvUsAAi_8A.jpg

CnKvzWwUMAQIWvP.jpg

WDW Venice on top, the real Venice on the bottom. They honestly did a pretty good job at Epcot!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CnLGC7QXgAAQ_hv.jpg

CnLGC7NXgAAFR5u.jpg

CnLGC7RWYAAL0SN.jpg

CnLGDAOWAAAHCBh.jpg

Visiting the world famous Signoretti glass factory in #Venice!

CnLH6m-WEAAcf9W.jpg

CnLH6nQXgAEILxZ.jpg

In #Venice, this is the "highway" you take getting to the airport. There are no roads!

CnLb9rdUAAAIhmu.jpg

Yet another Italy trip where we did't find "Beverly" anywhere at all. Thinking it's a joke @CocaCola plays on us!

CnL4UAXVIAEQiEh.jpg

Taking off from #Venice #Italy! What a great final city to visit on our Europe trip!

Your Europe trip looked awesome. It was fun reading all the reports and you made some great photo's of Italy and its food.

How did the new Italian parks feel to you, now that they are a few years older and not brand new anymore?

I enjoyed meeting you guys a lot while you were here. Really hope to see you again in the not so distant future

We really enjoyed Venice when we went a couple of years ago.

While getting to see the Pantheon, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain in Rome was interesting, I found Venice and roaming around Pompeii & Herculaneum (in Naples) way more interesting. Rome just seemed so crowded and dirty to me.

I think that one of the highlights of Rome for me was visiting the Vatican gift shop on the top of St. Peter's Cathedral (next to the dome). They were selling souvenir cigarette lighters, ashtrays, shot glasses and marijuana pipes with photos of the pope on them....on the top of the freaking cathedral!!

Selling SIN on top of the most popular, holiest, catholic cathedral/churches in the world - I was dying to the point where I thought the old nuns were going to throw us out!!!

AHHHH Santorini, those pictures brought back amazing memories. I was lucky enough to visit that island about 10 years ago, it's still one of my top 2 places on earth that I've been. Looks like you had a great time.

I think it's probably a nice place if you're a "beach person" which we certainly are not. It was nice, very cool to see some of the history and take pictures of the famous sites, glad we visited once, but I'm not sure it's a place I ever need to return to.

Edited by robbalvey

I think that one of the highlights of Rome for me was visiting the Vatican gift shop on the top of St. Peter's Cathedral (next to the dome). They were selling souvenir cigarette lighters, ashtrays, shot glasses and marijuana pipes with photos of the pope on them....on the top of the freaking cathedral!!

We visited this year (returned just two weeks ago), and they even have fast passes for the cathedral and the museum. That was my personal favourite.

Food tip for Venice:

Head to the district of Dorsoduro in the south of Venice, head to a bar, and have some Cicchetti (wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicchetti_(food)). It´s totally awesome food, especially after weeks of Pizza and Pasta only. Very authentic and unique!

Food tip for Venice:

Head to the district of Dorsoduro in the south of Venice, head to a bar, and have some Cicchetti (wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicchetti_(food)). It´s totally awesome food, especially after weeks of Pizza and Pasta only. Very authentic and unique!

Hard boiled eggs and seafood??? Sorry that sounds absolutely disgusting. Not a fan of either of those things! I'll stick to the amazing pizza, pasta, gelato, breads, etc...

Edited by robbalvey

What an incredible holiday you had. Elissa, Robb and Kristen, thanks for sharing 5 very special weeks with us. I am in total awe of Europe's theme parks, and I'm still happily 'spinning' on those coasters thanks to your videos. The environment of most European parks sure does stand in sharp contrast to many of our parks here in the U.S. My last trip to Six Flags Great Adventure felt, in part, like fun rides on a parking lot! It's perplexing that there seems to be no major movement in this country to try and replicate the true "theming experience," the whimsy and beauty that is common in Europe. (Altho I do give credit to those family-run parks here that try their best.)

Anyway! I'm so glad that you rounded off your holiday with Italy and Greece. You've made some very special memories for Kristen that I'm sure she'll treasure. I still remember standing in Rome's Coliseum and feeling as though I'd been taken back into time. Our guide's pride in its history really brought to life visions of chariots and lions! The authenticity and maintenance of this genuinely ancient structure, (and even those meticulously restored sections), made it all come alive to me. Our guide gave us 'quiet time' to take it all in -- beyond the typical tourist 'herd mentality' experience.

As for Venice?! GREAT last minute decision to revisit this one-of-a-kind city. (Kristen must have been awed by it!) It's so hard to describe the beauty and antiquity of that city on the water. And, of course, all the little places tucked away that serve the world's BEST pasta, pizza, cheese (and the city's seafood specialty, Fritto misto di mare). Looks like you found some mighty fine eats!

By the way, if you haven't already, you may like to see a most eerie movie filmed ALL OVER Venice: the oldie 1973 flick, "Don't Look Now," with Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland. Not recommended for children, but it's a thriller that takes total advantage of all the mysterious beauty of Venice - with a very neat twist!

Thanks again for sharing your amazing 5 weeks in such a terrifically detailed and photographed Trip Report. Now, I almost feel sad - as though MY vacation was over! (Except for not having to do the laundry!)

Alice

P.S. Almost forgot the most astonishing part of your trip: a theme park with a Raclette Hut! That will forever be my way of contrasting European and American Theme Parks.

Food tip for Venice:

Hard boiled eggs and seafood??? Sorry that sounds absolutely disgusting. Not a fan of either of those things! I'll stick to the amazing pizza, pasta, gelato, breads, etc...

Hard-boiled eggs and seafood are just two things. There´s way more stuff - bread with cold cuts, ragu and polenta, all types of meat dishes, fried greens. It´s pretty much like tapas. All kinds of food, choose what you enjoy most.

This was a fantastic review of your European trip...Looked like a trip of a lifetime. Hoping to get to Europe one of these days. All the fun things shared in this review certainly helps those of us that have never been know where to go and what to do while there. Thanks!

This was a fantastic review of your European trip...Looked like a trip of a lifetime. Hoping to get to Europe one of these days. All the fun things shared in this review certainly helps those of us that have never been know where to go and what to do while there. Thanks!

You're welcome!

^Like I said on YouTube, your log flume video is great, and you showed how awesome a simple log flume can be when you're with a bunch of awesome friends. I think the song added to the experience of the video and made it a lot better than sitting in silence for however long the video was. Thank you for sharing your amazing trip, and please continue to upload more videos of stuff like this because that's what makes your channel that much better than the rest.