Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: FeelTheFORCE, Google Adsense [Bot], pryonisys and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby tiagohummel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm finally going to the park for the first time on the last week of July! Does anyone have any codes for online discounts? :p thanks

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:30 am

How about a little InvadR update? There isn't anything "vertical," of course, but the park has been making progress preparing the site in Fort New France, and they've added some new signs to their construction walls. These photos were taken from the train, the path to the LeScoot log flume, and the bridge near Alpengeist.
001.jpg
Now, just to make sure we're all on the same page here, it's pronounced "Invad . . .
002.jpg
. . . R"! At least the folks on the train emphasize the "R." The "TM" is, I presume, silent.
003.jpg
Rounding the bend into the construction zone (not far from the Festhaus).
004.jpg
Hmm--looks like something's afoot here.
005.jpg
Perhaps, a "footer"? At least that's what I think it is, but this stairway of concrete and rebar could be serving some other purpose.
006.jpg
Looking at the site under part of LeScoot, from the train.
007.jpg
Lots of signs on the construction walls now.
008.jpg
So, you can be a villager, a hot warrior chick . . .
009.jpg
. . . or a mascot for a certain football team in Minnesota.
010.jpg
Best start girding your loins for war!
011.jpg
So, they're being protected from the coaster the Vikings are building?
012.jpg
Those Vikings certainly are destructive.
013.jpg
Darn those darn ol' Vikings and all their digging! At least they're respecting the Chesapeake Bay Watershed by putting up those erosion barricades.
014.jpg
Here's an overhead, through-the-trees" shot of the construction site. The covered area is part of the LeScoot queue.
015.jpg
One last look at a bit of concrete-and-rebar work from the Alpengeist bridge.
016.jpg
Trappers' Village has a tough defense, but their offense in the "red zone" is questionable. That's all for now.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:34 am

Its very odd seeing all that clear land in an area that was once forested. Its going to be interesting when the coaster starts to go veetical.
Last edited by Jcoaster on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:38 am.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:36 am

It's going to be a big change for New France--which hasn't seen any "big changes" in years (except for when they built the new Trappers Smokehouse).
Last edited by cfc on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:37 am.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:15 am

cfc wrote:It's going to be a big change for New France--which hasn't seen any "big changes" in years (except for when they built the new Trappers Smokehouse).

And tore down the Canadian Palladium to install the Scrambler. Cannot ever forgive them for that since the Palladium is where I wrote and directed many country shows from 1994-1997.
00000123.jpg
00000124.jpg
00000145.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:32 am

Thanks for the update, Chuck. I hope this ride and/or queue has some good interaction with Le Scoot.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:35 am

pianojohn wrote:
cfc wrote:It's going to be a big change for New France--which hasn't seen any "big changes" in years (except for when they built the new Trappers Smokehouse).

And tore down the Canadian Palladium to install the Scrambler. Cannot ever forgive them for that since the Palladium is where I wrote and directed many country shows from 1994-1997.

But at least they kept a flat ride, which was popular with kids and families.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:36 am

I'm so excited for my trip to BGW next summer. I'm in VA at the moment, but only had 1 day to do a park and I figured Kings Dominions was a better one day park, Busch Gardens definitely looked more like a 2 day park with everything in it.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:12 am

beenagins87 wrote:I figured Kings Dominions was a better one day park, Busch Gardens definitely looked more like a 2 day park with everything in it.

You figured right. Good call.

Postby bert425 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:01 am

prozach626 wrote:
beenagins87 wrote:I figured Kings Dominions was a better one day park, Busch Gardens definitely looked more like a 2 day park with everything in it.

You figured right. Good call.

yep. .don't skip the shows. .they are (for the most part) very good.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!