TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

The Ropers didn't stop the Woodie, Alton Towers did.

And unfortunetly, with the arrival of Rita, that pretty much guaranteed the Corkscrew will be staying for a long time. I'm not that bothered though as the Corkscrew is what started AT.

So that Woodis is going to have only 2 hills??? After them 2 big drops I think it should stay close to the ground whizzing round Ug-Land with Helixes etc, weaving in & out of Rita, but In a perfect world the UK would have a Floorless coaster!

A lot of the local residents were opposed to the wooden coaster because of the noise that might have been generated, so the park put the plans on hold indefinetly.

A lot of the trees on the path were diseased or dying and had been earmarked for clearing, so would have been removed anyway. I watched some of the clearing take place in 2003 along with the balloon floating.

This could be true that the woody is being built. John Wardley their ride designer was supposed to retire this year, but now has been asked to stay on another 2 years to work on a new prodject.

Sounds to me like the woody is already to go.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

In light of a recent PM over at ATA........ I would like to apologise to RPG for not properly crediting his photos that i used in this topic.

I did say that i was using 'other members' photos from ATA but without a name i couldn't ask.

I really didn;t mean offence and so i have taken them down.

Please visit his site if you wish to see them.

RPG's site

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my god, that sucks! Remove coaster... keep quiet in the park... no fireworks other than 3 select nights!? WTF is this world, or just England, coming too!?

Why don't they just build those sound barrier walls made out of that cork-concrete stuff that they have erected all over sections of NJ highways that are adjacent to houses? Those things work like a charm. You can barely tell there is 8 roaring lanes of highway traffic and horns honking with numerous profanities being uttered on the other side of those 15 foot tall walls. Granted, the park would still be S.O.L. as far as the fireworks go but the inside the park noise would be dampered.

Here's a question... What was there first? The amusement park or the couple that was complaining?

Because if you buy a house nearby an amusement park you best believe that sounds from said park might be able to be heard within the vicinity of your land. Granted, I'm sure sounds from the park have gotten louder over the years but isn't that too be expected as well?

I guess the English really need their quiet for tea time.

Why dont they move then? I mean the town itself prally has its fair share of noise from people and cars. you cant stop a town from growing, so why should the park have to chage to please those douch bags?

They should get EVERYONE who supports Alton Towers to protest in front of their house, and then see how much quite time they get.

Do you know Alton Towers were due to open SW6 in 2006, that was the 200ft woodie, going straight through the valley from Ug Land to the Forbidden Valley, but the Roper put paid to that plan.

This isn't really episode 2, its just the case continued:

Legally, each side is only allowed one appeal. Alton Towers already used theirs after losing the original case in 2004, so whatever happens at the end of the latest appeal will not be contestable by either side

That is a very worrying statement, if it goes wrong for AT, theres nothing they can do about it, but the same if it goes wrong for the Ropers.

The funny thing is, one of the Judges for the case got really angry with the Ropers, because of their determination to destroy AT.

Yet knowone else who lives in Alton gives a flying fish about the noise, its just the Ropers.

They told the press that they won't stop until they get what they want.

So this really is D-Day for AT, this will be the last time they will be in court with the Ropers, so after this hearing we could never hear from the Ropers again, if they lost, but they won, AT will change forever and most probably loose Oblivion

THese people are F***in' RETARDS! WHY DON"T THEY JUST MOVE! THEY THEN WILL SAY THAT BEASTLIE IS SO LOUD AND THEN ALTON WILL BE NO MORE! I HATE ROPERS! ALTON DID WHAT THE JUDGE TOLD THEN AND THEY STILL WANT ALTON GONE! THEM ROPERS ARE s! AND I THINK THEY ARE PAIN IN THE ! Sorry about the anger, but STILL!

EDIT!: I've got thew perfect Idea! Put Mr. Roper on Oblivion to see what he thinks of the ride itself! Did Mr and Mrs Roper even been to ALTON TOWERS!

Mr and Mrs Roper had this to say:

Do they have the right to sue:

Who was there first-Alton Towers-no

Did the move there knowing that it would expand-probably-no

Can they complain even after AT said they would pay them to go out on fireworks nights-no

Why do they have to sue every year?! These people own a factory that produces more noise than the park, and then they complain about a park that has the steepest sound restrictions.

^ Who said anything about the park being destroyed? It seems that the worst that can happen is the removal of the fireworks show and a coaster or two.

While that would still suck, it's not like the park is going away forever!