TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Makes me wonder if they're ever going to put the animatronics back.

And what about that gator in It's A Small World, huh? In the Africa section,

I believe. Holding the umbrella in the "rain forest".

That going, too?

Makes me wonder if they're ever going to put the animatronics back.

And what about that gator in It's A Small World, huh? In the Africa section,

I believe. Holding the umbrella in the "rain forest".

That going, too?

Don't forget about the final section on Peter Pan's flight...

I understand that the news was shocking but this decision is a bit over the top, in my opinion.

Here is another article, and just to be clear it says they removed Louis the gator from Princess and the Frog from the new Castle show before the show opened, which could have been unrelated, and that the Tic Toc Croc float has been absent in the parade per some guests. The article says that jokes from jungle cruise, which I get, and references to the crocs on the Safaris ride have been absent but it doesn't say anything about the animatronics on rides being removed yet.

Had an interesting/great day at the park this past Tuesday:

- got to the park (across the lake) by 8:30am

- hit up Seven Dwarfs with about a 10-15 minute standby wait

- after much bickering within our family, we ended up waiting for Peter Pan (I lost my vote!)

- 15 minutes in, announcement that the ride was temporarily not running

- stuck it out, and made it on after 45 minutes

- pissed that we killed an hour for Peter Pan!

- headed to Space Mountain via Fast Pass, and 10 minutes in- guess what? Temporarily not running, all guests were exited out, and provided a paper Fast Pass....."complained" about our previous Peter Pan encounter- and were provided another set of paper Fast Passes

- at that point, we had 2 "electronic" Fast Passes, and 2 paper Fast Passes

- head to the Haunted House (to use a set of our paper Fast Passes we were provided), and the attendant didn't bother to take them (guess I could have ponied them up, but didn't, with no guilt!)

- same thing happened on 2-3 more occasions.....we had our paper Fast Passes in hand, and the attendances didn't bother to take them!

Bottom line- b/c of those paper Fast Passes, we basically had walk ons all day! I guess with the Magicbands, the staff doesn't pay a lot of attention anymore? Eventually the paper Fast Passes were collected, but we used the last set around 9pm.

PS- seemed like a good amount of temporary ride closures throughout the day on numerous attractions.....is that common?

No matter the park, There are so many variables involved with even the simplest ride system that it's the equivalent to a crap shoot. Some days everything will work perfectly, other days a whole park will breakdown throughout the day. I wouldn't read into it except you just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time twice.

^^ To me it just seems like you can't control yourself from being an asshole even at the happiest place on earth. Taking advantage of other people's trust is only going to take good things away from all of us. That happened to me at Shanghai too, and I gave my paper fast pass to the CM at the exit because that's common sense! SMH

• 1 month later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/the-muppets-are-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-fall-in-an-all-new-show/

Beginning this fall, the Muppets will be visiting Magic Kingdom Park, where they’ll take part in an all-new live show, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.”

Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America.

Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will make its debut in October 2016.

sdij23r13.jpg.f2f9a4d07b4c9dbaaffc984277689faa.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/main-street-electrical-parade-ends-run-at-walt-disney-world-on-october-9-heads-to-disneyland-resort-for-a-limited-time/

The Main Street Electrical Parade, Magic Kingdom Park’s long-running nighttime parade, will officially end its historic run at Walt Disney World Resort on October 9 and then head to Disneyland Resort for a limited-time encore engagement. We wanted you to be among the first to know while there’s still time to plan a trip to Walt Disney World Resort to enjoy the magic and nostalgia of the parade one last time.

Main Street Electrical Parade is a nighttime procession filled with glowing, spinning floats that honor favorite Disney characters. Animated Disney films that are represented include “Alice In Wonderland,” “Cinderella” and more. During the parade, Tinker Bell lights the way with a wave of her wand and orchestrates half a million shimmering lights synchronized to a memorable soundtrack.

If you’re planning to visit the Walt Disney World Resort for our fall experiences and see the parade one last time at Magic Kingdom Park before it ends its run, please keep in mind that Main Street Electrical Parade is not offered on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights. Check for the latest parade dates and times here on WaltDisneyWorld.com or in the My Disney Experience app.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates on entertainment experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

0809ZU_0136_GN.thumb.jpg.bd0ea25fe045fbc1b0db9be6176a29d0.jpg

0809ZU_0170PM.jpg.b2d077063b6c2e69da92934b75b53868.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a god...

Disney: Stitch's Great Escape switching to 'seasonal' operation

Stitch's Great Escape, an attraction at Magic Kingdom theme park, will no longer be open on a daily basis as of Oct. 2, a Walt Disney World spokeswoman has confirmed.

The attraction, located in the park's Tomorrowland area, will be open seasonally as attendance demands. Its final day of regular operation will be Oct. 1.

Stitch's Great Escape opened in late 2004, and it features the blue-ish rambunctious alien character from "Lilo & Stitch," a Disney animated film that debuted in 2002. Disney World's website says the attraction's story is a prequel to the big-screen edition.

The Stitch attraction took the place of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, which opened in 1995. Both attractions used a theater-in-the-round format and science-fiction elements, although the storyline for Alien Encounter was considered more intense. The latest version includes an audio-animatronic version of Stitch.

Before Alien Encounter, the Tomorrowland space was home to an attraction called Mission to Mars.

Magic Kingdom is the only Disney theme park in the world to have had Stitch's Great Escape. "Stitch's Supersonic Celebration," a nearby stage show, had a brief run in 2009.

From the Orlando Sentinel.

Hopefully a permanent closure is on the way.

There is some hope for you. It's not unprecedented for Disney to take a ride into seasonal operation when attendance is down and then re-open it full time once attendance improves. Carousel of Progress is a great example of this. The notable difference though is that Carousel of Progress is a classic, beloved attraction. This ride is almost universally hated and I'm sure Disney is quite aware of that so I'd be willing to bet that the end is near for Stitch's Great Escape.

^^ That would be great! And an indoor suspended coaster with "door" vehicles, somehow. IMhO.

After all the "doors" i saw in the "Sulley & Mike to The Rescue" ride at DCA, I could easily

imagine overhead coaster tracks in place... it would be awesome!

And ^ sorry. This doesn't count for me. Not a ride. At all.

I wonder what they will replace Stitch's Great Escape with............and it's a Meet n Greet.

*ANYTHING* would be an improvement. If they turned it into a quick service restaurant, that would still be a location I would probably frequent more than I do Stitch's Great Escape!