Skyplex Orlando Discussion Thread

P. 88 - September 2019 Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Skyplex Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:58 am

This thing sure seems to have a different look when new details come out. How many different renderings have there been now since the beginning? Which one will be the final version of this complex?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:59 am

Full POV rendering:

And some more Polarcoaster info: http://www.thrillcorp.com

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:41 am

Was that a drop tower I saw in the video?
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snovi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:50 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:Was that a drop tower I saw in the video?

You are correct.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:57 am

Now this is gonna be one helluva ride!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Six Flags Haiti » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:00 am

Still a little concerned it is has been 2, 3 years and they are still looking for investors.
Capital H's count: About 350
Jude Dude's count: 5

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:04 am

So ThrillCorp is raising capital by offering class B shares ahead of an IPO for the company? That's pretty interesting, and a little confusing, are they going to be operating these proposed attractions and earning revenue off of operating of the ride/leasing space in the property or just selling the rides to other operators? Kind of interesting that their SEC Offering circular states that the roller coasters will be sourced from existing suppliers and they list "Intamin Amusements, Dynamic Structures, Vekoma, B&M, Zamperla and Chance Rides", S&S is not on the list.

Kind of interesting the language they use in the promotional material "join a team whose last two companies created more than $2 billion in sales; we’re aiming for something even bigger.", I'm guessing the $2 billion in sales figure includes revenues the parks receive from operation of their Skycoasters and iFly attractions over the years and not just the revenue associated with the sales of those attractions?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:05 am

For someone with a slight fear of height that looks terrifying, Really look forward to ride it once it is build.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:08 am

Six Flags Haiti wrote:Still a little concerned it is has been 2, 3 years and they are still looking for investors.

I was thinking the same thing.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 am

Six Flags Haiti wrote:Still a little concerned it is has been 2, 3 years and they are still looking for investors.

Yeah, this concept has been floating around for a while but doesn't seem like any physical progress has been made. Their SEC filing states that construction will take an estimated 24 months from the time a site is secured and zoning approved, so I'm guess we're still 2-3 years away from one of these things being opened somewhere.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!