TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

Europa is like if Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Port Aventura were literally smashed together into one park, that also had the fastest operations in the world. Ya'll are going to have so much fun and as usual I'm super jealous and desperate to go back!

This is a perfect description of it! To me, there are three resorts in the world that are hard to top and set the bar for the rest of the parks around the planet....

Asia = Tokyo Disney Resort

Europe = Europa Park

USA = Walt Disney World

IMO, those are the top three.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys !

Wish you all a great time at Europa !

Some thoughts because you haven`t been there for a while: Apart from Arthur and all the new shows: Don`t miss the "enhanced" Kolumbus Dinghy, the "enhanced" Whale Adventures, the new spices restaurant with a great veranda at the Raftig. Regarding Wodan: First drop last row is amazing. If you`re asking kindly most of Wodan`s operators allow you to chose the row! I`m very excited to hear your opinion about Wodan now that it broke in an running on those faster steel wheels. Of course late rides are remarkably faster. Besides: There are several new effects in the haunted castle, too.

Last but not least: There is a very nice and special bar HIDDEN (!) in hotel Bell Rock. It`s called "Roland`s Lodge". Not easy to find, it`s somewhere UNDER the Ammolite restaurant. Of course all the workers in the hotel can show you the way. There`s only place for about 30 people which creates a nice and intimate atmosphere IMHO. Highly recommended

Have fun !

GeorgeT

I really, really didn't like Europa Park when I visited the park back in 2012.

In my opinion what makes a park stand out is the hability to make a single, foreigner visitor to feel welcome and included all the time. Most parks around the world rely on the fact that their visitors are there mainly to hang out with their friends and family and not to have the amusement park experience (Six Flags, Cedar Fair and Dollywood, I'm looking at you)

A great amusement park must offer visitors the hability to purchase tickets on their website with a foreign credit cards, must have a multi-lingual staff, a single rider line, staff that are able to accomodate guest with different needs and an overall welcoming atmosphere. I found Europa Park to be just an average park if you take all that into consideration. Lines were very long - (1h+) for most rides and no single rider, the whole layout of the park is just confusing and not very intuitive and ride-wise the only really good ride was Blue Fire. Maybe if you are in a group you won't pay attention to those details and have a great time, but I felt much more welcome at Phantasialand and Efteling than I did at Europa Park.

Mrenata...being a regular visitor and following everything that has to do with Europa Park closely, I just want to tell you the the average guest satisfaction at Europa Park ist incredible. It`s like 99 of a hundred visitors are EXTREMELY satisfied with their visit. Europa Park is checking that very often to improve all the time. I guess it`s VERY hard to make everybody happy...even Europa Park seems to fail in that

In my opinion what makes a park stand out is the hability to make a single, foreigner visitor to feel welcome and included all the time. Most parks around the world rely on the fact that their visitors are there mainly to hang out with their friends and family and not to have the amusement park experience (Six Flags, Cedar Fair and Dollywood, I'm looking at you)

A great amusement park must offer visitors the hability to purchase tickets on their website with a foreign credit cards, must have a multi-lingual staff, a single rider line, staff that are able to accomodate guest with different needs and an overall welcoming atmosphere. I found Europa Park to be just an average park if you take all that into consideration. Lines were very long - (1h+) for most rides and no single rider, the whole layout of the park is just confusing and not very intuitive and ride-wise the only really good ride was Blue Fire. Maybe if you are in a group you won't pay attention to those details and have a great time, but I felt much more welcome at Phantasialand and Efteling than I did at Europa Park.

I visited by myself back in 2006 and I can't disagree more- I had an amazing time! There was so much to explore and discover- I didn't even get to all the areas of the park until my second day. Buying a ticket at the gate was no issue whatsoever, and I never at any point felt unwelcome. Sure, everything wasn't in English, but I'll always remember trying to go to the buffet for a last night dinner, but it was rented out for a private party. I had to ask for an English menu, but it was available, and as a college student on a budget in the Hotel Colosseo there really wasn't anything more welcoming the hostess could do than excitedly point out the more affordable menu items in the fancy restaurant to encourage me to dine there (ended up splurging on rabbit instead- so so worth it). I can't wait to get the chance to go back and stay at one of their hotels.

Operations wise I remember never waiting more than maybe 45 minutes for maybe 2-3 rides, but most were less. I was also amazed that on the second day the park was MUCH more crowded, but thanks to the operations and running more trains the line wait times were practically identical.

I loved Phantasialand as well, but I felt like there were many more multilingual staff at Europa. I hope you'd give them another visit and reconsider.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos, and hope all the first timers are loving it!

I visited by myself back in 2006 and I can't disagree more- I had an amazing time! There was so much to explore and discover- I didn't even get to all the areas of the park until my second day. Buying a ticket at the gate was no issue whatsoever, and I never at any point felt unwelcome. Sure, everything wasn't in English, but I'll always remember trying to go to the buffet for a last night dinner, but it was rented out for a private party. I had to ask for an English menu, but it was available, and as a college student on a budget in the Hotel Colosseo there really wasn't anything more welcoming the hostess could do than excitedly point out the more affordable menu items in the fancy restaurant to encourage me to dine there (ended up splurging on rabbit instead- so so worth it). I can't wait to get the chance to go back and stay at one of their hotels.

Operations wise I remember never waiting more than maybe 45 minutes for maybe 2-3 rides, but most were less. I was also amazed that on the second day the park was MUCH more crowded, but thanks to the operations and running more trains the line wait times were practically identical.

I loved Phantasialand as well, but I felt like there were many more multilingual staff at Europa. I hope you'd give them another visit and reconsider.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos, and hope all the first timers are loving it!

I went by myself two times last year with both visits including 4 nights on one of their hotels and 3 days in the park. Both times everyone was very nice and i felt very welcome. I have no problem waiting in line when i know they are working as hard as they can to send the trains around. With what i saw there is really no need for a single rider line since they fill up the seats anyway and the single rider line on Blue fire and Wodan was just as long as the regular line so it did not matter anyway

I went this year aswell with a friend this time and had a great time, I am already looking forward to the next time i get to visit this fantastic park

Guys, no offense but this is MY report. If you want to comment on stuff from MY report, that's great, but if you want to post your own report or have something to discuss about a specific park, please do it untie proper discussion thread.

Thank you!

Maybe I was just unlucky and visited Europa Park in a very crowded day. Both times I visited Phantasialand and Efteling (and I can even add Hansa Park to that list of awesome parks as well) all lines were a walk on or had a 15min wait, everthing was easy to find on the park map and even when I didn't have a map with me I could easily figure out how to get to where I intended to go. At Europa Park I tried to get all the credits in one day and couldn't since it took me over one hour to get each one of the bigger credits. Even the smaller ones had a 45+ min wait. Also, even with the park map on my hands I still had a hard time figuring out the fastest route to point A to point B due to the overwhelming abundance of themeing, paths, gardens and walkways.

Maybe if I had more time at the park or if my visit was split into 2 or more days I would have liked the park better, but then again the quality of the park can't be defined but how many days you need to visit it in order to fully appreciate it specially when It only took me half day to fall in love with Efteling, Phantasialand and even Hansa Park

Every time you go to Holiday Park, I get the impression that it's a real hidden gem, I great park that perhaps deserves more recognition than it gets. And, surely, being the home of your favorite coaster helps! That Sky Fly looks insane! I don't think I could take 24 consecutive flips without feeling nauseous! I'm looking forward to seeing your visit to Europa Park, always my favorite park to see in your trips.

Guys, no offense but this is MY report. If you want to comment on stuff from MY report, that's great, but if you want to post your own report or have something to discuss about a specific park, please do it untie proper discussion thread.

Thank you!

Ah sorry...I totally get that. Seems as if you guys had a VERY good start with your current stay at Europa...and thanks for posting so many updates on twitter !

Cl30qyVWYAAC4Ji.jpg

Cl30qyUWIAAw_LG.jpg

Cl30qyYWAAAiBD8.jpg

Cl30q2XWkAI7JzU.jpg

Our morning @europa_park starts with an insane breakfast at the amazing Hotel Bell Rock with characters!

Cl36bXwWAAA6OUI.jpg

Cl36bXxWIAAPssn.jpg

Cl36bX3WIAAU47_.jpg

I could easily live off the bread selection alone at Hotel Bell Rock!

Cl39VhNWQAAxd9l.jpg

Hotel Bell Rock is ridiculous! It's like the Yacht Club/Beach Club of Europe, but even nicer!

Cl4DdsUWMAQ04GN.jpg

Cl4DdtRWgAAssFA.jpg

Cl4DdtqWMAAyGQe.jpg

Cl4DduMWAAEN34G.jpg

Upon entering @europa_park you are immediately reminded you're in one of the world's best theme parks!

Cl4QlMOWQAAGFsn.jpg

Cl4QlL8WIAEicRy.jpg

Euro-Mir! My faveodte ride @europa_park and quite possibly one of the best rides on the planet!

Cl4Wrt1XEAAbFaj.jpg

Cl4WruhWIAAJtzG.jpg

Cl4WrvEWQAArGUI.jpg

Cl4WrvyWAAAA5YP.jpg

Poseidon is quite possibly the best water coaster in the world!

Cl4bbvMWIAA9t8L.jpg

Cl4bbvzWIAAIs0J.jpg

Cl4bbwJWYAEaki5.jpg

Cl4bbxpXEAE_YVu.jpg

Even with a line that long for Euro-Mir the wait is only 20 minutes and worth it!

Cl4gHifWEAEGPCW.jpg

Cl4gKYTWAAA8fcc.jpg

Cl4gKYQWEAQhmLH.jpg

Cl4gKYNWIAAvN5O.jpg

I don't get what the big deal about @europa_park is. I mean don't ALL parks in America look JUST LIKE THIS???

Cl4kxdaWYAAmPTX.jpg

Cl4kxdjXEAEyqXL.jpg

Sarah RAN to go get a picture of the geese as soon as she saw them!

Cl4rLr2WgAAE_K3.jpg

Cl4rLr5WYAAfhmn.jpg

Cl4rLr8WYAADjsx.jpg

Cl4rLtyWIAAJd7v.jpg

Silver Star is the tallest coaster @europa_park! 35 min posted wait was only 20ish. Love their operations here!

Cl4ypkzWYAAnRf7.jpg

Cl4ypk1WgAAV9_O.jpg

Cl4yplRWIAALLNR.jpg

Cl4ypm4WQAQj5Dz.jpg

The best attraction @europa_park isn't a ride, it's our own personal Raclette Hut! Best theme park food EVER!!!

Cl46ZjeWYAAfsMn.jpg

Best part about sitting in our Raclette Hut? You get an awesome view of the bobsled!

Cl48-iAXIAAoc3t.jpg

Was awesome running into these guys from @EPFANS_CH here at @europa_park! Be sure to follow them!

Cl5NqeFUgAElPoP.jpg

Cl5NqeGVYAQntc9.jpg

Cl5NqeNUgAAp419.jpg

I love the random characters you meet around @europa_park!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl5egSfVYAAlKaM.jpg

Cl5egSmVAAAQoAr.jpg

Cl5egSmUYAAS4np.jpg

Efteling had the pooping donkey but @europa_park has the puking donkey!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl5ixnJUgAEMU1b.jpg

Cl5ixnHVYAAZTFd.jpg

Cl5ixnOVAAALjiW.jpg

Cl5ixrJUoAAqER1.jpg

Just more amazing theming around @Europa_Park! I never get sick of posing more photos of this place!

Cl5o5hpVEAAQkcF.jpg

Cl5o5hoUYAEMOB6.jpg

Cl5o5iQVEAAr_7z.jpg

Cl5o5lxUgAAA09Y.jpg

And in case you weren't aware, the many dark rides @europa_park are amazing! Disney level quality!

Cl51CyQUgAABBqe.jpg

Cl51CyQUkAE4en-.jpg

Cl51CySUkAEShhp.jpg

Cl51C2BUkAARrNK.jpg

Arthur was a super-cool themed attraction with a amazing ride system!

Cl56MmeUsAAK0dv.jpg

Cl56MmgVYAA9kWr.jpg

Cl56MmfVEAAGBx5.jpg

Cl56MqvVEAI8fZC.jpg

Waiting in the well-themed queue for the bobsled ride @europa_park

Cl58ejwUYAE1-9V.jpg

Cl58ej3UoAAGgJP.jpg

Cl58ej2UkAAbYtc.jpg

Cl58eoVVYAU9ll7.jpg

Hotel Colosseo @Europa_Park, one of our favorite resorts had an awesome setup for #EURO2016 today!

Cl6FsdPWEAEFvkx.jpg

Cl6FsdQWYAACLxZ.jpg

Cl6FseWWMAEvKnA.jpg

Cl6FsfmWYAEH9fQ.jpg

Waffle on a stick??? Are you kidding me!!! Seriously @europa_park why must you make us even fatter???

Cl6IocsXIAE0-1V.jpg

Cl6Ioe4XIAEnKHP.jpg

Cl6Iog0WkAAxJEQ.jpg

Cl6Iog3WgAU_NjM.jpg

Setting off on our jungle adventure!

Cl6Kdy8WEAQS_48.jpg

Cl6KdzAWQAA-0Ci.jpg

Cl6KdzDWYAI4_d6.jpg

Cl6Kd09WEAEz-2U.jpg

It's like Ellen's Energy Adventure but without Ellen!

Cl6N7EQWgAEPbhb.jpg

Cl6N7EVXIAAqxr8.jpg

Cl6N7ESWEAEy7iS.jpg

Cl6N7GFWgAEh1sI.jpg

Some views of @europa_park from the observation tower.

Cl6TjupWEAE6fn4.jpg

Cl6TjwOXEAAGqDN.jpg

Cl6TjurXEAE6AVE.jpg

Yes, it's a Pirates knock-off, but it's really the best one!

Cl6TudSWEAA2Jp3.jpg

Cl6TueqWYAAnc-R.jpg

Cl6TugLWkAAamka.jpg

Cl6TuihWAAA8ZDb.jpg

Soooo... Time to remove the UK section from @europa_park?

Cl6TxedWkAM3Xv7.jpg

Cl6TxfqXIAAu2k0.jpg

Cl6TxghXIAAXhai.jpg

Cl6TxhlWQAApMew.jpg

The much better version of "Small World!"

Cl6T0BpXIAAu3_b.jpg

Cl6T0C7WMAAnsAC.jpg

Cl6T0EhXIAU0InR.jpg

Cl6T0F1WkAAS_PA.jpg

You know you are in a great park when even the toilets are heavily themed!

Cl6T3WGXIAQr7Ey.jpg

Cl6T3WGWIAAaM6s.jpg

Cl6T3WPWMAA4Zy1.jpg

Cl6T3fwXIAAG9H5.jpg

We rode the REAL "Frozen Ride" today!

Cl6UFzsWQAE-mr3.jpg

Cl6UF05WYAAVOnu.jpg

Cl6UF1qWYAAjblM.jpg

Cl6UF3MWAAAZYG_.jpg

We had some extra ride time on Wodan tonight after the park closed!

Cl6UXHYWMAAQT9P.jpg

Cl6UXI6WkAA0m9A.jpg

Back at Hotel Bell Rock. Seriously amazing deluxe resort!

Cl6Uq6dXIAAxDbw.jpg

Cl6Uq75WgAE7gvg.jpg

Cl6Uq9ZXEAAT3SU.jpg

Cl6Uq_HWkAEUfzW.jpg

We walked to Hotel Colosseo to hang out in the "jail cell bar." Things may have gotten a little weird!

Cl6U58tWEAA23Ra.jpg

Cl6U5-CWgAAHoa9.jpg

Showing some German support for #EURO2016

Cl6VFa8XEAAYgFm.jpg

Am I the only who thinks it looks like Garbles is trying to eat this woman's arm???

Cl6VQq1XEAA6VBa.jpg

Good night @europa_park! What a fantastic first day at the resort!

Not a single part of this TR has changed my "I want to be Robb Alvey in my next life" opinion...what an awesome trip, pics, and overviews for those of us stuck in the US for the Summer...keep them coming...I think I just spent an hour of my Sunday enthralled by these parks that I've seen countless TRs on in the past and yet it was like the first time seeing them.

Ahhh, Elissa is talking about Raclette at Europa Park all year long. I am glad she had her fix and I am sure she will be there again today,lol. Is there a Fundue place at Europa as that would be the next step. Melted cheese mixed with wine and you consume it with incredible bread.

Ugh, now I am hungry

Is there a reason I can never view any of Robb's photos in his trip reports?

All I see is and that's all. I don't have problems seeing anyone else's photos.

Same thing for me w/ just this report, not sure. Works on my phone but cant see any images on either my home or work PC. Still enjoying the report, tho.

Is there a reason I can never view any of Robb's photos in his trip reports?

All I see is and that's all. I don't have problems seeing anyone else's photos.

It means wherever you are viewing them from has Twitter blocked as at the moment I am just using Twitter as a hosting service for the pics until I can get home and re-upload them all.