Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"other than the SLC..."

WH really has a nice collection of pretty well kept coasters, there. Did you go on that

lovely piece of wood, Robin Hood? Or was it not available, or nobody interested?

Goliath, Express, Sound are really 3 great coasters there, IMhO.

Glad to read you enjoyed the new coaster, there. It's another one for me to get back to, lol.

And all those pastries and such... Thanks for sharing those photos, Robb.

And COKE appears to be getting very creative with their dispensing machines,

i.e. Hug-A-Coke Machine; Instant Iced Coke. I wonder if any of this would/could

come back to the U.S. and Canada, etc?

Crazy seeing the evolution from the birth of a little human known around Tpr as Kidtums to now a riding partner, you can see Robb in her but she's definitely Elissa's little twin lol Watching my own grow up and seeing how big Kristen has gotten damn you kids for making me feel old

Great TR but this is Tpr wouldn't expect anything less...will this trip include Kolmarden and Wildfire? I can not wait to see Robbs video for that one!!!

I can't work out which one I am enjoying more: these awesome TR's or the super-fans reactions to Robb's opinions.

OMG, are you talking about the batshit crazy people on Twitter??? Yeah, IMO the Efteling fans are some of the worst European fanboys out there (maybe next to the crazy Alton Towers fanboys) where it's not good enough for me to say "I had a good day at Efteling and I liked the park." Noooooo! You need to be violently masturbating over everything the park does in order to please these people and not have them attack with you with crap like "WHY DON'T YOU THINK BARON IS THE GREATEST RIDE ON THE PLANET?!?!?!? HOW DARE YOU LIKE ANY OTHER RIDES!!!!"

Ugh, I cannot stand them.

Great trip report! I gained another pound seeing those food pictures so you'll have to walk those calories off for me tomorrow. There's no way though that US parks could ever sell condoms. Not because they're closed minded. Nope, but because if they break half as much as Six Flags rides, they'd be bankrupt from all the lawsuits in a month.

I personally love to violently masturbate on everything Efteling does.

Haha. No I don't. And I don't.

Seems like you guys had a good day at WH Robb, did you have any annoying instances with queue jumpers or annoying kids there at all? Because for me that has happened like 90% of each of my visits to WH.

Seems like you guys had a good day at WH Robb, did you have any annoying instances with queue jumpers or annoying kids there at all? Because for me that has happened like 90% of each of my visits to WH.

Queues were super short. Longest line ended up being about 20 minutes for Lost Gravity later in the day. We were pretty much "done" with the park (got all the coasters in) by about 12:30 and then we just hung out for a couple hours more and re-rode a bunch of other stuff.

So no real problems at all.

Queues were super short. Longest line ended up being about 20 minutes for Lost Gravity later in the day. We were pretty much "done" with the park (got all the coasters in) by about 12:30 and then we just hung out for a couple hours more and re-rode a bunch of other stuff.

That's good to hear. I haven't been there in awhile, sounds like things have become better. Of course, 20 minute maximum queues also helps I suppose!

Queues in Walibi are never that long. The only real times that the park is busy is around Halloween (which, to be honest is GREAT compared to what other parks in the region offer). Off peak season I've never really seen a queue longer than 20 minutes and since the holidays in the Netherlands haven't started it is no surprise. The only park in the Netherlands with longer queue's is the Efteling, where 30 minutes for the coasters is normal, on and of season. With the current growth Toverland will probably even overtake Walibi by 2020.

Something different though, what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

It was disappointing, yes. I don't think I've seen that many major rides closed in one park (or resort) at any given time. However, we had been to the park before so it didn't impact us THAT much. I would have liked to have gotten on Big Thunder Mountain again, but being that I live about 20 minutes away from Big Thunder Mountain and I probably ride it 2-3 times a week in my hometown, it wasn't a huge deal.

But I can see why someone would delay a visit to the park until they get more of their rides back open again. Maybe for the anniversary next year?

On another note, the Disney Dreams show totally makes up for any attractions not running!

what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

It was disappointing, yes. I don't think I've seen that many major rides closed in one park (or resort) at any given time. However, we had been to the park before so it didn't impact us THAT much. I would have liked to have gotten on Big Thunder Mountain again, but being that I live about 20 minutes away from Big Thunder Mountain and I probably ride it 2-3 times a week in my hometown, it wasn't a huge deal.

But I can see why someone would delay a visit to the park until they get more of their rides back open again. Maybe for the anniversary next year?

On another note, the Disney Dreams show totally makes up for any attractions not running!

You were lucky, last year It's a small world was also closed, as well as buzz half of the visit. That combined with frequest breakdowns of Pirates (which is awesome), Space Mountain (which opened later without the onride music) and a lot of rain really brought my opinion down. The 6 hour EVT (exclusive visit time) we had in the studios park with 1500 other made up for it only a bit. Than again, the maintenance is needed, the park is going to look brand new in a year or 1.5

And you are so lucky, I've only seen the Disney Winter Dreams show. Still awesome though, that castle...wow

Indeed true. Though in recent years the only other Disney show I've seen was the MNSSHP one at Magic Kingdom, Disney Dreams is stunning. Though I do wonder if they do it on purpose so they can "accidentally" torch the castle and claim on the insurance...

Do other Disney parks take attractions down for months (in a lot of cases at DLP) for refurbishment? When we went Crush's Coaster and Indy were down, and I think Captain EO was either being refurbished or taken out (don't know whether that's still going). Somehow though we got there at 4pm and did Studios in 2 hours (RC Racer, ToT, tram tour, Aerosmith - this was before Ratatouille opened), then went to DLP and did SMM2, Big Thunder and Pirates before Disney Dreams, followed by a full day in DLP, then Paris itself the next day (and yes, the Catacombs are brilliant, and something everyone going to Paris should look at doing - like Skyrim in real life).

Dang. I enjoyed reading up on my Dutch themepark news on Looopings, but they're just taking the piss now.

"Those Americans". Right, cause it's only Americans with that opinion.

I'm glad to see some reasonable Dutch people in those comments though.

These people who are freaking out over my comments are f**king morons. Parks are meant to go to and have FUN and that's exactly what I did on BOTH Baron & Lost Gravity. Just because I happened to *like* Baron and *love* Lost Gravity doesn't mean I didn't have fun on both of them. I'm just so sick of stupid nerdy coaster dorks that sit around and obsesses over pointless things like one persons opinions.

If you're going to freak out because I didn't happen to jizz all over Baron as much as some stupid Efteling fanboys then you're doing it wrong.

Go to parks and have FUN! FFS Stop the complaining and start riding for fun! No one gives a crap if you like a ride more than I do or vice versa. I couldn't give a f**k what these dumb people think of my opinion.

Edited by robbalvey

Added our Lost Gravity video to the trip report:

Nice video! , I'm glad you guys having such a good time in Europe. I feel sorry for the crap people throw at you guys because of your opinion about Baron 1898 and Lost Gravity, tho I only have ridden Baron 1898, I completely agree to your point that it isn't a worldclass ride, lots of the people (nerds) here think because this is the first B&M The Netherlands got, it's OMG AWESOME INSANE EPIC and are a little autistic about that.

So now you have been to Walibi, don't you agree RMC can make an awesome rollercoaster out of Robin Hood? Darn make that happen!

Sorry for my bad english, have fun people.

I feel sorry for the crap people throw at you guys because of your opinion about Baron 1898 and Lost Gravity, tho I only have ridden Baron 1898, I completely agree to your point that it isn't a worldclass ride, lots of the people (nerds) here think because this is the first B&M The Netherlands got, it's OMG AWESOME INSANE EPIC and are a little autistic about that.

I just want to make something perfectly clear. *I* did not start this whole "Lost Gravity/Baron" comparison - One of the Dutch fanboys did. I only responded to the question. IMO, those two rides SHOULDN'T be compared. I feel like the Dutch coaster geeks are only comparing the two because they are A. Roller Coasters and B. New

I wouldn't compare those two rides like I wouldn't compare Expedition Everest to Incredible Hulk in my hometown of Orlando. One is a 'themed attraction" and one is a "kick ass roller coaster."

I feel the same about these two rides. I would NOT compare them if it was me creating the topic. But I did respond to the question, so if they want to make a big deal because one guy asked me a question, meh, I don't really care.

I liked both of the rides.

Awesome video! The first half on Lost Gravity is REALLY solid! I'm not a huge fan of hangtime so I didn't feel that the second half quite lived up to the craziness of the first half. But it's a really great ride that I enjoyed very much! And in the end the only thing that matters is that you were giggling like a little girl, and that's what riding rollercoasters is all about!