TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see all this new nighttime activity at Animal Kingdom. I think this park is beautiful (and a bit underrated) and would love to visit it after dark (particularly for the Safari).

Yeah, RIver's of Light looks fantastic, and the tree of life castle show, all of it looks great. Animal Kingdom at night is going to be so cool, I've had night rides on Everest from my cast member days and it's blast in the dark.

I just checked the schedule for the rest of the summer and it looks like they have updated the hours for Animal Kingdom. Starting memorial day weekend it looks like the park is going to be open until 11pm, 11! They must be really be expecting some major crowds with these new nighttime experience to extend the hours like that, I was expecting 9 pm or 10 pm for peak days but 11 pm wow, not sure what there is to do there after Everest and Safaris until 11 pm but I'll take it. Also I guess the rumors of multiple showing of River of Light, like 3 or 4 showings per night may be accurate with hours like that.

I'm glad AK now has a night time show to keep people there longer. To me, it's World of Color 2.0, which doesn't excite me...but it is something that was sorely needed at the park.

Its opening has been delayed, no new opening date given. It could be summer or it could be fall but it will not open before it's ready and every element is working as it should be. I don't see Disney giving it a date or even timeframe at this point after missing the original target of this week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Disney Parks Blog posted a recent photo of one of the examples of the luminous plants that the

"Land" of Pandora might have, maybe in that indoor "night cruise" they're building. Looks cool.

NAVTP47682.jpg.fa6a287b0f0e5fcfa9d6e03a73523fba.jpg

• 1 month later...

Today we shot a "360 POV" of Expedition Everest. Click the link to open this in the YouTube app and watch it on your phone. Then move your phone around to see it in 360!

Edited by robbalvey

That looks pretty darn good for a first attempt, looking forward to some more of the 360 degree POV's in the future.

Not sure how the camera is mounted, looks like you were just kind of holding it on the front of the train, but a 360 pov from an elevated position in the middle of a coaster train would be a really cool perspective one of these days. Looking forward to what you guys end up producing with this technology.

This is great!

If I had to nitpick 1 thing, it would be the transition from dark to light. Besides that, it was great.

Any chance of more of these videos coming soon?

I agree! This was the very first test we did on a coaster with this camera so we'll plan to do coasters that don't go in and out of tunnels as much! lol

Great to hear!

By the way, I just discovered that the different flavor popcorns that are found at Tokyo Disney can now all be found at zuri sweet shop at animal kingdom(in the African section). I guess this is the only location in all of Disneyworld that they can be found. They have honey, strawberry, african spice, curry, and other flavors.

Can't wait to try the curry popcorn.

Great to hear!

By the way, I just discovered that the different flavor popcorns that are found at Tokyo Disney can now all be found at zuri sweet shop at animal kingdom(in the African section). I guess this is the only location in all of Disneyworld that they can be found. They have honey, strawberry, african spice, curry, and other flavors.

Can't wait to try the curry popcorn.

They are not even close to being the same.

• 1 month later...