TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Today The Joker had its media preview briefly before the Clown Prince of Crime decided he was done cooperating for the day. I was only fortunate enough to get one ride on it before it ran into issues with the dampeners being too loose, allowing a car to swing up above the standard zone going into the station and preventing the ride from correcting itself to vertical for disembarking, but that issue should be fixed soon. That one ride (green rail, facing forward) was quite enjoyable and fun with some good G forces in the 6 "inversions" we experienced. It's very similar to Batman at Fiesta Texas which I rode last year, though the fin placement on this one did seem different. I didn't get to ride the purple rail, but it did appear to have different fun placement from the green, and therefore would be a different ride experience, so ride both sides when you visit. As the first free spinning 4D on the East Coast, it's a great addition to the park's already impressive assortment of coasters and will continue to bring both fear and pleasure to all who face the challenge. Onto pics...

image.thumb.jpeg.016b37689ddf24c0b84ccb6598b5b9e0.jpeg

Back at Six Flags Great Adventure, where just the view from the parking lot screams "yes, we have roller coasters!"

image.thumb.jpeg.09854d3cc2269df358f5a16ef7cea8ab.jpeg

Now that we've stuffed ourselves with food and sweets, let the opening ceremonies begin!

image.thumb.jpeg.b6c38b7572b6c0492bab1d4473816633.jpeg

Hey look kids, it's Joe Piscopo!

image.thumb.jpeg.50f0b5583ce46badea13d78af93ae048.jpeg

Joe Piscopo is the spokesman for the Boys and Girls Clubs in New Jersey. Some of their shining stars were the first to take on The Joker

image.thumb.jpeg.1ead7b9c5e63371bb9d065094ef15e41.jpeg

...And Joker takes on its first riders

image.thumb.jpeg.652bf29526c60f315a848353c6786243.jpeg

"Love that Joker kettle corn"

image.thumb.jpeg.242b181dc713fbec8497f032fb04a9b5.jpeg

The reason we're here!

image.thumb.jpeg.a8af36ae7bb2f12889768939f74e8366.jpeg

Oreo chocolate mousse fit for Mr J

image.thumb.jpeg.d4280588b53f5d295df86ecbdc75df0d.jpeg

Some very Jokeresque dessert options

image.thumb.jpeg.42fca32ce8df7d0ac715b74e708e9523.jpeg

Before we flip, we slide!

image.thumb.jpeg.bea1788c9e74193aeed2670a6eb990a9.jpeg

Time to open tbat gift from Mr J

image.thumb.jpeg.75d1a4c7570139c684e41c54fa1b97ec.jpeg

Normally I shy away from opening any presents from deranged psychopaths, yet alone ones with plungers, but what do I know!

image.thumb.jpeg.9b200d1d5750d5b1bf35e75ae5ffe978.jpeg

Thanks for having us out today, Joker and Six Flags Great Adventure. Can't wait to come back and ride your new coaster again soon!

image.thumb.jpeg.38b1f4badb083130ebd8f138d5ff1714.jpeg

Warning sign and restrictions. No fanny packs or glasses (even with a strap) allowed

image.thumb.jpeg.1bdf6a357773c44ee31a345036736286.jpeg

A look at Joker's trains

image.thumb.jpeg.e39234176f333cee58f51a945cc802f3.jpeg

Joker makes his base of operations at the former site of the dolphin stadium

image.thumb.jpeg.56c811608883e9197007a84ac73d9260.jpeg

Great weather for flipping in Jersey

image.thumb.jpeg.f1f754b7851be4afd9f6f80568228b4b.jpeg

By this point everyone should have enough Joker Toxin in them to not stop laughing

image.thumb.jpeg.fefcd73bc5df45d903420a210e87d984.jpeg

The purple and green confetti goes flying...

image.thumb.jpeg.17478f8cb5f90a40e77153b3946be213.jpeg

About 3/4 of the way through the queue there is a single

Rider split off. There's also a separate Flashpass entrance that will meet with the regular queue right before the split between the green rail and the purple rail

image.thumb.jpeg.98fb8579a76acb48583f3ddd2cf6e979.jpeg

Flipping good time!

image.thumb.jpeg.5ed48c6a2b028043b52739065a120089.jpeg

Very comfy restraints make this 4D sensation even more enjoyable

Edited by robbalvey

One concern I have about the branding of this coaster is its lack of consistency. Like you can tell there are two different Joker faces in the logo and the signs. I love the theming of course, but why not stay with just one image? It's the same deal for Joker in SFDK... the logo and the face on the train don't really match. Just sayin'.

Wow! Media day today for the new "coaster" and there are barely any posts/comments.....

How come this wasn't a "bigger deal" so to say on TPR? Seems like anytime a new ride/coaster opens- it gets highlighted on the home page.....

Edited by strz

Why is the single rider line so far through the queue like on Green Lantern? Am I missing something or has SFGA gotten this wrong twice? I'm not as seasoned as many of you on the number of parks I've visited, but never seen it done like this elsewhere.

Thanks for posting the pictures, The Joker looks really good and i'm certainly glad that they went for this theme rather than Total Mayhem. One other little thing that i quite like is the details on the side of each car, really nice little touch.

Six Flags' newest coaster shuts down Thursday after riders get stuck

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2016/05/six_flags_newest_coaster_needs_repairs_shortly_aft.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Does anyone have more info about this? Doesn't look like a serious thing, but it's terrible that it happenned on opening day! I also wonder if the coaster will be open today/tomorrow...

One concern I have about the branding of this coaster is its lack of consistency. Like you can tell there are two different Joker faces in the logo and the signs. I love the theming of course, but why not stay with just one image? It's the same deal for Joker in SFDK... the logo and the face on the train don't really match. Just sayin'.

You must be new to this whole "Six Flags" thing. Personally I'm happy there's any "theming" at all.

You must be new to this whole "Six Flags" thing. Personally I'm happy there's any "theming" at all.

I know well how Six Flags theming works, and I was happy to see what they did with Wicked Cyclone, but still, the people that oversee these projects should notice the difference... but then again we're talking about Six Flags, where the real slogan is "less money, less fun, Six Flags"

Is it just a rumor that Joker will be available for flashpass platinum only? I haven't found any good info from the six flags site, so any extra info is greatly appreciated. Also what rides give you double if you get platinum? I'm not trying to spend that much money if I can get gold.

Thanks

Right now we don't know for sure but that is the prevailing rumor from some pretty reliable sources and makes sense due to it's low capacity. I would imagine that you would not be able to re-ride but I'm just making assumptions based on other parks in the chain.

Wow! Media day today for the new "coaster" and there are barely any posts/comments.....

How come this wasn't a "bigger deal" so to say on TPR? Seems like anytime a new ride/coaster opens- it gets highlighted on the home page.....

It was all over TPR's Facebook and Twitter accounts yesterday.

Right now we don't know for sure but that is the prevailing rumor from some pretty reliable sources and makes sense due to it's low capacity. I would imagine that you would not be able to re-ride but I'm just making assumptions based on other parks in the chain.

Thanks, hopefully some news trickles through tomorrow. Debating on going Sunday or Monday. Regardless I will have flashpass. GADV used to be my home park, but I haven't visited since GASM and Rolling Thunder were at the park. I want a productive visit.

For what it's worth, Great Adventure is my home park and I personally don't care. Maybe it'll surprise me but I'm not rushing out to ride it. Hopefully it'll make me eat my words but for now... meh.

For once I'm stoked to be going to Moreys over Great Adventure this weekend.

Actually I'm always stoked to go to Morey's but GAdv is gonna be a madhouse this wknd, not to mention HOT. You guys enjoy, I'll be on the much more comfortable coast.

For what it's worth, Great Adventure is my home park and I personally don't care. Maybe it'll surprise me but I'm not rushing out to ride it. Hopefully it'll make me eat my words but for now... meh.

Fair warning: Joker is closed again and they cleared out the queue. But more importantly the Log Flume is now open for the season, I assume that's why you were going anyway.

Ah that sucks but thank you, I was just getting ready to head out the door too.