TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Yea you should be fine. Yes it may be cool out and it may rain but everything remains open unless there's a down pour, lightning or extremely high wind for Windseeker. So yea Windseeker maybe closed for the day. I'm taking my 5hr trip there from Charlotte myself on Saturday.

Wind will also affect on I305, Drop Tower, Delirium and Dominator as well. When I went last Thursday, there were wind up to 20 mph and they weren't open until the afternoon when the winds died down a bit.

1530120225_SpringBloom2.thumb.jpg.a18f2d64e58be1ccb159b1d964ffd803.jpg

Spring is in the Air at Kings Dominion

Get your taste buds ready as Kings Dominion celebrates food, family and fun during Spring Bloom

DOSEWLL, VA. (April 8, 2016) – Spring has sprung at Kings Dominion! Join us to celebrate the return of warmer weather at our third annual Spring Bloom Festival held Saturdays and Sundays, April 16 – May 15. Underneath the Eiffel Tower, four countries will meet for a culinary showcase featuring internationally inspired cuisine using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.

Spring Bloom not only features delicious dishes, but also live entertainment, a free family-friendly concert and hands-on children’s activities. Spring Bloom is a month-long celebration that spells fun for the whole family with these special events:

430660072_SpringBloom1.jpg.533fee4474cba45ba3548fe9eba0ed46.jpg

Internationally Inspired Cuisine – Join us under the Eiffel tower to sample flavors from Ireland, Switzerland, Germany and Italy. Chef Paul Maloney will be using only the freshest local ingredients to put his own personal spin on these delicious international foods.

Local Drink Pairings – While enjoying tasty food, sip on a cold beer or a glass of wine! Chef Paul has teamed up with local breweries and wineries to offer the perfect pairings for his dishes. Enjoy a beer or wine from local favorites like Legend, Hardywood, James River Cellars and more!

Beautiful Atmosphere – Thousands of spring flowers are planted by our very own landscaping department, transforming International Street into a kaleidoscope of colors.

Sabrina Carpenter – Los Angeles-based multitalented singer/songwriter Sabrina Carpenter will perform hits from her debut album “Eyes Wide Open.” The concert is free with park admission. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Sabrina Carpenter will perform at the Kingswood Amphitheater on Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m.

Kid’s Activities – Bring the family to Planet Snoopy for fun arts and crafts! Try your hand at woodworking at the Lowes Build & Grow Workshop, or get creative with some flower pot decorating.

Live Entertainment – The Bandstand on International Street will become the Spring Bloom Stage, where we will feature live local entertainment throughout Spring Bloom!

There is something for everyone at Kings Dominion’s Annual Spring Bloom Festival! 2016 Season Passes are on sale now.

So, my first visit to Kings Dominion is this weekend on Apr. 9, but the weather is making me extremely nervous. Temps in the low 50's, and possible RAIN and SNOW! This will also be my ONLY VISIT, and I'm not sure if I should take that chance or not. I could move my date to Sunday if I have to since the weather is a little better, but I'm not sure. My goal is to get three main coaster credits: I305, Dominator, and Volcano. If I could get those three credits I'll manage otherwise. Not to mention I have a 12+ drive from Alabama. Is it worth going with possible minimal crowds on Saturday, or wait till Sunday when most rides might be open?

I went when it was in the mid to high 40s with rain and everything was open without any lines. It was great, just very cold...

So, my first visit to Kings Dominion is this weekend on Apr. 9, but the weather is making me extremely nervous. Temps in the low 50's, and possible RAIN and SNOW! This will also be my ONLY VISIT, and I'm not sure if I should take that chance or not. I could move my date to Sunday if I have to since the weather is a little better, but I'm not sure. My goal is to get three main coaster credits: I305, Dominator, and Volcano. If I could get those three credits I'll manage otherwise. Not to mention I have a 12+ drive from Alabama. Is it worth going with possible minimal crowds on Saturday, or wait till Sunday when most rides might be open?

I went when it was in the mid to high 40s with rain and everything was open without any lines. It was great, just very cold...

Thanks! I just made it to Virginia not too long ago. The weather so far is great! Cool, but not bad. I ask the locals and they said that's the BEST TIME TO GO! Less people means less waiting. True, IT"S TAKING A CHANCE with rides being closed, but I want know unless I go.

BEST DECISION EVER! I had an AMAZING time at Kings Dominion today! The weather turned out great! It was still COLD though, but majority of the rides were open. The only rides closed were Windseeker, Drop Tower, and Dominator. The only reason Dominator wasn't opened was because maintenance was working on the ride all day. Sadly, I missed that amazing coaster credit. I cried just a little. LOL. All rides and attractions were a walk on! Today was truly great! I'm working on putting out a trip report soon! Kings Dominion was worth the 12+ hr drive from Alabama! WELL WORTH IT!

We're thinking about going to the park this weekend as our #1 and #2 planned parks are either closed or don't have their new attraction open yet.

It has been a couple of years since we bought Platinum Passes but we're thinking of splurging and buying them this year. Anyone know if you buy them at the park, are they the same price as online ($204 for an adult)? I know that there is an early bird, cheaper ticket offer online in the fall, but we obviously missed the boat on that.

We're thinking about going to the park this weekend as our #1 and #2 planned parks are either closed or don't have their new attraction open yet.

It has been a couple of years since we bought Platinum Passes but we're thinking of splurging and buying them this year. Anyone know if you buy them at the park, are they the same price as online ($204 for an adult)? I know that there is an early bird, cheaper ticket offer online in the fall, but we obviously missed the boat on that.

I've been renewing mine online for years, but I don't think it makes any difference whether buy it online or in person. I'd still buy them online to speed things up at bit when you get to the park; fortunately, KD does a pretty good job at processing passes quickly.

Be sure to check out the food booths at the Spring Bloom Festival. Not exactly Epcot or Busch Gardens, but they had some good offerings last year.

^ Thanks Chuck!

We just pulled into the Best Western across the street and it looks like the parking lot is pretty packed. We may just process our passes, check out the food and beer & hit the coasters tomorrow when it should hopefully be less crowded.

I have a friend that works at the park. He told me today that it was confirmed of a 2017 roller coaster but no details have come out yet (obviously)

LOL at "confirmed." This kind of stuff happens every year, and every year we're disappointed. Literally nothing points to a coaster for KD in 2017, so let's all lower our expectations before they are forcefully lowered by the lack of a new coaster next year.

I have a friend that works at the park. He told me today that it was confirmed of a 2017 roller coaster but no details have come out yet (obviously)

Excuse me if i'm sceptical about where your friends are from, from the USJ thread:

^If your friend sent you the photos, why does the "Image Info" show that it came from Screamscape?

Please, do not misrepresent where photos that you post came from and give proper credit in the future.

My friend is a member of Screamscape...

That's funny, because I am the one who took the pics and I don't know you.

Here is the rest of the gallery from the trip.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOwRKU6amGMy8wEDuNY3_GFLZSf26wF-5sIM1DkaM05ThvnEHxw3s_1t0O0c5irMA?key=NlhnTUl4bE4xUi1JaktHN0l0QS1ITG4zOGVONW1n