TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

They are the exact same thing minus a lift that raises the motion base up a level on simpsons/BTTF.

Wait, seriously? Wow, they under-utilize the capability of that base with Minions. I get that it's a family ride and all but c'mon, grow some balls.

Given that BTTF/Simpsons have the side doors, it makes sense. The motion of BTTF would most likely chuck people out the side of DM!

But yes, they are the same motion bases.

They are the exact same thing minus a lift that raises the motion base up a level on simpsons/BTTF.

Wait, seriously? Wow, they under-utilize the capability of that base with Minions. I get that it's a family ride and all but c'mon, grow some balls.

Given that BTTF/Simpsons have the side doors, it makes sense. The motion of BTTF would most likely chuck people out the side of DM!

Both are 3 DOF motion bases from Intamin/Ride Trade, is that it?

Anyways, even if they share the same bases, the two rides are just so much differents, just look at the building and screen. Plus, BTFF have lap-bars and get lifted 3 meters above the ground, while the Minions seems to only have an handle bar and is on floor level.

Basically, it's like comapring a mine train to Magnum XL200.

On a different, but related note. I'm headed to USJ next weekend and plan on going for Express pass. Is the best approach to buy online in advance? I was looking into it but know you have to be on the Japanese site instead of English site to book the Express pass - does that cause any challenges when picking up at park?

Buy it ahead of time. They will sell out and sometimes are not available at the park. Use Google Translate as much as you can in a separate window to help you figure everything out but keep the pure Japanese page for buying the pass.

I think there may be some English tour-sites that you can use to book the pass if you're worried about language, there's definitely ones in Korean that do that my co-teachers have used. I'd book soon, like Elissa said they can run out before the park even opens and the 7 pass is now branched 3 ways, assuming you are going for Flying Dinosaur with the others going to Space Fantasy VR edition and Backdrop.

Too bad they don't twist and wind vines and leaves etc. around the framework of these nets.

Would add a lot to the general theming of the area, rather than just sitting there,

like they're something temporary.

^ No, that's true. I don't know by this one photo.

And maybe it is the only place where the coaster crosses over a public pathway.

Still. To me, it's not great to look at, right there, in the pathway.

^ No, that's true. I don't know by this one photo.

And maybe it is the only place where the coaster crosses over a public pathway.

Still. To me, it's not great to look at, right there, in the pathway.

There's the big swoop over the lake that's mostly over a pathway I think, but not sure if there are nets. They could always put some eggs on top of them and pretend they are nests, and then riders would be looking at nests from their "flying dinosaur" as opposed to just nets.

Buy it ahead of time. They will sell out and sometimes are not available at the park. Use Google Translate as much as you can in a separate window to help you figure everything out but keep the pure Japanese page for buying the pass.

I would also suggest not losing your express pass 20 minutes after Elissa gives it to you.

I would also suggest not losing your express pass 20 minutes after Elissa gives it to you.

I'd hate to see what a 1000-minute line would look like. Since the wait board only seems to allow three digits, would the counter just flip over back to one again?

Universal Studios Japan is only open for, at most, 810 minutes per day.

...They could always put some eggs on top of them and pretend they are nests, and then riders would be looking at nests from their "flying dinosaur" as opposed to just nets.

That's a great idea! In clusters with "nesting materials" around them.

You should contact US:J immediately!

• 4 weeks later...

That's unfortunate to hear. But I do still think they would probably want to build a second park. If they ever want to expand the existing resort, there is a useful looking plot of land north of the current park. If they bought that, it would complement the current park and City Walk perfectly with the way its orientated. The entrances would be extremely similar to how the Disneyland Resort has two parks facing each other.

PIC.thumb.jpg.2f8f89a8576f5b0c3f6c350e4fca33d3.jpg