TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

WOW. I've never even thought about traveling outside the country to visit a park but the pictures from this park looks amazing. It really demonstrates Disneyland would look like if it is built in 2016. The animatronics looks so cool. Tron like the most thrilling coaster that Disney has ever made.

I like the change about fast pass distribution! They now distribute fast pass at service centers of each land instead of at each attraction. That would make everything so much less confusing for the GP because cast members were explaining where the standby line, fast pass distribution line and fast pass return line are all the time at Disneyland. Do they do service center distribution at other parks?

Do they do service center distribution at other parks?

They -kind of- do it at the Walt Disney World parks in that even though clusters of FastPass Plus kiosks are placed near attractions specifically, you can pretty much reserve any attraction's FastPass at any kiosk. At least, that's what I remember happening.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/entertainment-and-culture/Special-passport-to-be-available-at-Shanghai-Disney-Resort/shdaily.shtml

VISITORS to the Shanghai Disney Resort will be able to collect stamps at different locations on an official passport as a souvenir, the management of the resort announced today.

The resort has entered into a multi-year alliance with Invengo Information Technology Co Ltd, who will be the exclusive provider of the Shanghai Disney Resort Magic Passport, the resort said.

“The passport will become an interactive experience for guests to enjoy in the park that also offers a special souvenir keepsake of their visit,” the resort said in a press release.

The radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology is embedded in the passport.

The passport will be available for purchase at opening. Guests will be able to experience the park and collect official stamps at selected passport locations that work exclusively with the passport.

Once guests have collected each of the stamps, they can receive a special stamp commemorating the completion of this experience. Guests will be able to keep this memento as a souvenir of their exciting adventures throughout Shanghai Disneyland.

Disney & More, posted a recent look at the progress of "Mickey Avenue" the park's version of a Main Street....

MickeyAvenue09.jpg.1657926ad0797a45f8c3bb3abc945569.jpg

Main Entrance to the park is in upper right hand corner.

Roaring Rapids lift hill can be seen in the top left hand corner of the photo.

shanghai_MAP-04.png.4d29d2e927aaf5ff0642fa9e062dc027.png

I turned this art concept to show approximate where it all looks, above. Right now, I am guessing

that the photo was taken from where the Cathay Circle tower is being built (o:

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/entertainment-and-culture/Special-passport-to-be-available-at-Shanghai-Disney-Resort/shdaily.shtml

VISITORS to the Shanghai Disney Resort will be able to collect stamps at different locations on an official passport as a souvenir, the management of the resort announced today.

The resort has entered into a multi-year alliance with Invengo Information Technology Co Ltd, who will be the exclusive provider of the Shanghai Disney Resort Magic Passport, the resort said.

“The passport will become an interactive experience for guests to enjoy in the park that also offers a special souvenir keepsake of their visit,” the resort said in a press release.

The radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology is embedded in the passport.

The passport will be available for purchase at opening. Guests will be able to experience the park and collect official stamps at selected passport locations that work exclusively with the passport.

Once guests have collected each of the stamps, they can receive a special stamp commemorating the completion of this experience. Guests will be able to keep this memento as a souvenir of their exciting adventures throughout Shanghai Disneyland.

Definitely a way to get more guest engagement and interest in the RFID pass than JUST FastPasses.

I wonder if they're going to create stickers and such for WeChat and Line that tie to this via smartphones?

• 2 weeks later...

The setup for the Crystal Grotto Cruise looks nice now, with the water filled in.

I see all that "construction stuff" all around the park, and I wonder what it looks like

now, from the pathways' perspective (gp eye level).

So their official website isn't working now... I'm trying to get a opening day ticket but their website just says they cannot process the request.

Apparently so many people tried it crashed the system and they sold out very quickly.

I envy those who will make the trip to experience this opening day / week. But on a serious note is anyone who is shelling out thousands to experience this park fear it won't be ready or not at 100%?

I'd rather not visit a new park on its opening day, myself. I believe in giving them some time to work out the kinks in their operations.

Edited by cfc

So their official website isn't working now... I'm trying to get a opening day ticket but their website just says they cannot process the request.

Apparently so many people tried it crashed the system and they sold out very quickly.

It was really bizarre, I spend 4 hours trying to get the ticket and the website keeps crashing on every step. And I finally paid for the ticket at 4:07. But according to some news, the tickets were sold out within an hour!