TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that they're going for realism when it comes to their flatrides *cough cough*

Jab at RCTW? Or are you saying that the flat rides in this game aren't realistic?

No rctw has perfectly realistic and well thought out flat rides what on earth might you be talking about?

I like the fact that they're going for realism when it comes to their flatrides *cough cough*

Jab at RCTW? Or are you saying that the flat rides in this game aren't realistic?

No rctw has perfectly realistic and well thought out flat rides what on earth might you be talking about?

We have TPR's comedian here, y'all.

This is kind of embarrassing but I need your help.

I have forgotten the name of the website that hosts the download for the beta of parkitect. I am very far behind with updates and would like to play Parkitect again, especially since dark rides are out!

I believe I remember the login info to download the newest version, just can't think of the website to go to download. Could one of you help ? Thanks in advance !

This is kind of embarrassing but I need your help.

I have forgotten the name of the website that hosts the download for the beta of parkitect. I am very far behind with updates and would like to play Parkitect again, especially since dark rides are out!

I believe I remember the login info to download the newest version, just can't think of the website to go to download. Could one of you help ? Thanks in advance !

Here you go! http://themeparkitect.com/

Just type Parkitect into google

Wow! Thew new objects are amazing especially the inverted coaster and Star Shape. I am so impressed by the mods and custom scenery people are creating. Kudos to the developers for making it so easy to put in custom scenery and rides, I will be posting some of my projects in the near future.

I have a quick question... If I have an existing park, and a new official alpha release comes out, or a new unofficial mod comes out, will I be able to apply the new items to the existing park?

And thanks again Garet!

• 3 weeks later...
tumblr_inline_o56kq0mbmd1si3zx7_1280.thumb.png.0da7be9d7d7967cc13ec4493ce2583b7.png

Yes! That big milestone is finally close - we’ll be releasing Parkitect on Steam Early Access on May 5th.

Our Steam store page is live already, so don’t hesitate and put the game on your wishlist!

We prepared a cool new trailer over the past few months for this occasion, made by Marlon Wiebe and Gordon:

And we also revamped our website and updated it with a bunch of recent screenshots!

tumblr_inline_o56lqgrapk1si3zx7_1280.thumb.png.d732ce4a418bb7767ae218af90763c9c.png

The beautiful parks in these shots and in the trailer have been created by the awesome Silvarret and TheDeeGee.

So what’s changing now that the game will be on Steam?

Not too much for now for you guys, really! We’ll keep up our regular development schedule, so the weekly devlogs and monthly Art Streams and new game versions continue as usual (although - we hope we’ll be so busy talking to all the new players on Steam during May that we’ll have less time for development, so don’t expect a huge May update).

We’ll finally change the game’s label from Pre-Alpha to Alpha, so the next release will be called Alpha 1. The plan is to release this to everyone who owns the game on Humble a few days before the Steam release, just so we got a bit of time to iron out any last-minute bugs.

And we’ll also finally bump up the price slightly from $15 to $17.99, starting on May 5th (only applies for those of you who haven’t bought the game yet, of course). As was the case with the current price we expect this to stay stable for quite some time, with another small increase once significant amounts of new content and features have been added again.

Source

Soon all three current theme park builders will be on their own versions of early access (Planet Coaster's the only one not on Steam)! They're also finally slightly raising the price of the game.

I have a quick question... If I have an existing park, and a new official alpha release comes out, or a new unofficial mod comes out, will I be able to apply the new items to the existing park?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use them once you get them. I've had one park I've been adding to with every new alpha that rolls out.

Edited by Midgetman82

• 3 weeks later...
Much as I love having a new steepness level it seems to go from 45 degrees to 80 degrees. There's nothing inbetween. Which is really annoying.

Agreed. Also the friction is weird. Rides seem to be able to go on forever with small changes in height, but if you try to build anything using the steep sections, each hill has to be dramatically reduced. As a result, I still don't see myself building anything tall with the Giga track.

Also was hoping the ability to go flat-to-slope through a curve would be implemented. Maybe in the next update?

I'm having so much fun with this game, regardless of the few issues.

• 2 months later...

In case you missed it, the game is on to Alpha 3 now. There's SO much I'm going to omit for the sake of length, so I highly recommend scrolling through their Tumblr devlog page for all the smaller updates since the previous update post here:

Major additions:

Motion Simulator

tumblr_inline_o9qxobkvwv1si3zx7_500.gif.c71693f48437f178835a4bbfbbeee4f5.gif

Inverted Dark Ride (ALA Arthur: The Ride)

tumblr_inline_o7w2bzjIg61si3zx7_1280.thumb.png.654c73a511c34f7e3e29e8a5c877bb0e.png

Underwater tunnels

tumblr_inline_o8zinqIrn01si3zx7_1280.thumb.png.aa669fd9006b81872bc1ad786322c23c.png

Fences and walls now split pathways

tumblr_inline_o8bkfzm4O11si3zx7_500.png.0133bd208169351ea4c7bf837a95da95.png

Signs that can also replace queue line signs.

tumblr_inline_o8zjy9doZN1si3zx7_500.png.45e75b46c011181d269cf0c73d9d5cfb.png

All sorts of graphs

tumblr_inline_o76jlmYiCI1si3zx7_1280.png.a359560d5c7d9645bd4541f247e52187.png

And more at themeparkitect.tumblr.com

I highly recommend buying this game! Its great and especially with the mods you can download, what you can do is limitless. It took me a while to find a flow and a style because I was so used to RCT but now I'd play this over RCT any day. You can check out some time lapse videos of me playing the game if you wish at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTXnpmY32LyA_-pya44yoSg

• 3 months later...

At $18, I can recommend this game to anyone else as well. Seriously, with each update pushed out, it feels more and more like an updated RCT 1 & 2!

Speaking of which, here some new major stuff they've pushed since the last update post here (just in case anyone's curious). They're now onto Alpha 7.

Go-Karts

tumblr_inline_ofbby9g7oX1si3zx7_500.gif.d6fb982f8a425a53b2380f76565ac7a4.gif

Bumper Cars

tumblr_inline_oeiwmfoYTF1si3zx7_540.jpg.da9e1c24bd5d5873ceb3d24824c90d22.jpg

Accelerator Coaster (Intamin)

tumblr_inline_odteu8DDD01si3zx7_540.jpg.2aee42e3aee36c3050f39b0c08785d9f.jpg

Spinning Coaster

tumblr_inline_ob83duvMZ61si3zx7_500.gif.727ee4c3eabe9fcf5b0a7ba2178bb4a8.gif

Lightning strikes (which actually strike coasters and people, causing them to puff off smoke!)

tumblr_inline_odtd2fh96m1si3zx7_500.gif.688eb13c1b3db00a09c1c747de80ebdb.gif

The crates your haulers carry can pop up in spots within the park.

tumblr_inline_ocoek95xbV1si3zx7_540.jpg.91f94cd3284884e51d83fb3ac9654239.jpg

Advertising campaigns, finance, research, scenario editors, new scenery sets, scenery cloning tool, etc. All of this gets posted to their Tumblr devlog.

There's also a cool post about how they captured audio to use for the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While the other two park sims have fully "released" their games, the Parkitect team continue pushing monthly updates and additions to their alphas, as well as doing monthly art streams building a new ride and other art pieces.

Latest update for this month rolled out included a Zamperla Power Surge, new music, and more statistical info added in the game.

I was able to catch the stream where they built this ride, and it was interesting seeing them model the entire ride from scratch in one sitting (animating came later).

tumblr_inline_ohkdkcM2Ic1si3zx7_1280.jpg.37decb182f0745d4732f453562cadda0.jpg