TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

It's almost on every single Intamin since Millennium Force. Sometimes the two magnets move horizontally so the force of the brake massively decrease (B&M does this too), sometimes the brake fins retract vertically like on the accelerators (Gerstlauer does this too), and then lately the magnets are moving downwards following the side closer to the coming train because this system has the least moving parts and requires the least space and material. You can see that on SkyRush, Flying Aces and the Flying Over Europe at Romon U Park.

Looks so bland, needs some theming or a least a few Trees out there

You really don't want to put anything out there in 50 plus degree weather, plus the wind picks up the sand starts blowing. whats there is perfect. In the middle of summer riding those coasters is like baking in the pits of hell!

Off topic, thats what worries me about Dubai Gate and some of the other outside parks planned. Having done both Dubai waterparks in the heat of August and the water temp is rather warm to say the least and not that refreshing!

None of the other coasters that are outside have any theming either...

...and there is a very good reason for that.

You'll actually find that the larger coasters in the Middle East (including the bigger coasters at the upcoming IMG and DPR theme parks) don't have trees planted close to the structure.

You'll actually find that the larger coasters in the Middle East (including the bigger coasters at the upcoming IMG and DPR theme parks) don't have trees planted close to the structure.

What is the good reason for not planting trees around the coasters?

You mean aside from the fact that all the trees would die and any theming outdoors would be scorched in the sun?

^Yep. No point in investing in things that will get blown over into ride paths because of high winds, ripped apart due to the natural sandblasting in the area or scorched by the heat and direct light of the sun. For all of these reasons, it makes no sense to even both adding theming beyond what you already see.

Fantastic coverage DubaiDave and the POV is really neat too! Thanks very much for your efforts to keep us informed all over the world. I love the look and style of Flying Aces and if I ever find myself in that area of the world you better believe I'll be in line to ride it!

This. Skip to the 4:30 mark for the real fun -

^ I'm almost certain the ride system is an ETF Multi Mover. Shooting system is Alterface.

I think you're right, it looks almost identical to the system used on Dragons Shooting at Lotte World which is also an ETF Multi Mover. Although this one has a lot more to it than Lotte World's.

^Yep, on Lotte Worlds you could see the line (the website says it uses a guide wire) all the cars were following in the middle of the road but that doesn't seem to be the case here, although I'm not quite sure what the advantage is overall when they follow a set linear path without dead-ends or junctions like this or Dragons Shooting, does anyone know what the advantages are? Is it just a case of no track meaning less maintenance costs overall? I didn't even notice when I rode Dragons Shooting for the first time that it was trackless.

Edit: Now I'm curious, does anyone know the difference between EMF's Mystic Mover and Multi Mover? The site lists Dragons Shooting as a Mystic Mover but that's clearly Lotte Worlds ride on the product page and brochure for Multi Mover.

I'm just wondering if it's actually necessary to use trackless on it. The car needs to be recharged on every cycle, it is much more expensive to make and program, there's no interaction between different vehicles and the route is literally the same width everywhere with no intersections. Disney use trackless system really smartly but this looks a bit like "we did it because we can so deal with it".

Now I'm curious, does anyone know the difference between EMF's Mystic Mover and Multi Mover? The site lists Dragons Shooting as a Mystic Mover but that's clearly Lotte Worlds ride on the product page and brochure for Multi Mover.

The Multi Mover provides the ability for the riders (and the vehicle seating) to rotate 360-degrees - separate from the vehicle's base. The Mystic Mover's seating is integrated as one unit with the vehicle's base. So, with the Mystic Mover, the riders are always facing the vehicle's direction of travel - but the Multi Mover allows the seating to face any direction at all, regardless of direction of travel. You can see the riders "spinning" on the POVs that Martin and Dave took this week at Ferrari World. A Mystic Mover would not be able to deliver this type of motion for the riders.

In this way, the Multi Mover provides more flexibility in terms of show design and guest experience.

Both types of vehicles are trackless (wire guided) and definitely have the capacity to perform some pretty crazy maneuvers!

^ Thanks for clearing up the difference. Must just be a mistake on the map then, pretty sure Lotte World's would be a multi mover the way it spins to each screen. I doubt the company that makes it would have it on the brochure anyway.