Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 pm

I couldn't believe that the line was only a 2 train wait last July. And then we rode it and found out why. :?r

I believe that the KD hurler, and the Carowinds hurler are replicas(correct me if I am wrong). We hit both parks in a trip last summer and they were both horrible rides, but the Carowinds version was somewhat tolerable.

Now that I think about it more, I think that thunder run at Kentucky Kingdom may also be a clone or very similar.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 pm

I happen to love the layout.. Im in the minority

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KnightBag95 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:41 pm

CPmillenia94 wrote:I happen to love the layout.. Im in the minority

Yeah, I agree. Nothing wrong with the layout, whats wrong is how violent and rough it is.
Apollo's Chariot Millennium Force
El Toro I305
Skyrush Maverick
Nitro S:ROS
Griffon Top Thrill Dragster

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:54 am

thrillrider wrote:I couldn't believe that the line was only a 2 train wait last July. And then we rode it and found out why. :?r

I believe that the KD hurler, and the Carowinds hurler are replicas(correct me if I am wrong). We hit both parks in a trip last summer and they were both horrible rides, but the Carowinds version was somewhat tolerable.

Now that I think about it more, I think that thunder run at Kentucky Kingdom may also be a clone or very similar.

Yes, I believe the two Hurlers are the same. But Thunder Run is not a clone, but it is a very similar layout. Except Thunder Run seems to be pretty well-liked in a lot of reviews. Probably because it was recently restored when Kentucky Kingdom opened, and it's not trimmed to death, so it really keeps its speed throughout the whole ride. I think I would actually want to ride it, unlike the slow, rough Hurlers.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
183 coasters

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:02 am

Hurler isn't that bad, it's just not that good either. Seriously people how many times do I have to tell you about the 2 bench PTC trick? Lol

Row 1: Lean Forward and stay off the seat back. It makes almost every 2 bench PTC enjoyable. Even rides like Mean Streak and Wild Beast.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:16 am

^ :nina:

I'm planning on heading down to the park on Sunday for Passholder Day unless the park says otherwise. Anyone else planning on braving the weather?
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:05 am

^^-- Oh yeah.

I certainly hope that the GP notices that Hurler isn't a good ride now. It's got a huge honkin' trim brake at the bottom of the first drop!!!!! ... ! ... the amazing thing is it's rougher now (last year) than before they put the brake on. As to the layout, first drop straight into a curve, low to the ground with high average speed, emphasis on fast curves and small hops ... where have I seen that before?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:22 am

I don't think I've ever heard somebody compare Hurler to Intimidator 305 :lol:
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:28 am

BeansproutMidget wrote:I'm planning on heading down to the park on Sunday for Passholder Day unless the park says otherwise. Anyone else planning on braving the weather?

Probably. We're planning on going to BGW tomorrow and we'll probably stop at KD for a little bit on the way back... at least to take a spin on Dominator, Flight of Fear, Volcano and I305 if they're running. Also you can never rule out a pit stop at Drop Tower, Avalanche or Shenandoah Lumber Company if it's open. And by that I mean if Shenandoah Lumber Company is running you would need an army to stop us from riding it.

We'll have to drive back to New York, possibly in a foot of snow. If that's the case then damn right I'd like to ride a Log Flume and drive in a blizzard on the same day, just because life's too short not to do sh*t like that ;)

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:07 am

Password121 wrote:I don't think I've ever heard somebody compare Hurler to Intimidator 305 :lol:

I305 is bigger than Hurler.

Now you've seen them compared a second time. ;) ;) I was going to put a number in there but someone would probably tell me it's wrong or I've used drop height not total height etc. :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!