Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:19 am

Sythe wrote:I hope hurler will be taken down honestly. I have even heard GP pointing out that it is a bad ride. I think it's the only ride left in the park that I want to see taken down. (Although, I've never been a big fan of backlot either...)
I think that if a new coaster comes in 2017 it should be there. They could also fix up the area by adding a new entrance to the waterpark. Also, if it's a tall enough coaster and goes out far enough to the west, it might just be visible from I-95? :o
Although they don't have to add a new coaster, maybe they will have GCI retrack it like they are doing with ghostrider at Knott's?
I honestly don't know... But I just really hope that this is more than just hurler maintenance...

GCI is actually retracking three woodies next year (not entirely, but still) so I´d imagine that if KD decides to keep the ride a retrack is in the near future.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:32 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
coasterbill wrote:I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

Grizzly is great but I loved Rebel Yell. It's all airtime all the way, plus I have a serious soft spot for racers.

As far as Hurler goes? I hope the "maintenance" involves a few cans of kerosene and an ignition source.

I loved Rebel Yell, Hurler is absolute trash!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:29 am

I just caught Delirium testing on the live cam and while it looks beautiful, the ride cycle looks extremely short. I think it only reached its top angle ONCE.

Hopefully it's just testing and they will extend the ride time a little bit, or at least have different ride programs so that ops can run the ride differently according to attendance/wait times.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:42 am

DorneyKid14 wrote:Saw on Facebook about a rumor that hurler might be down all season for "maintenence."

Kill it with fire!
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:49 am

Jcoaster wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Saw on Facebook about a rumor that hurler might be down all season for "maintenence."

Kill it with fire!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 am

oriolat wrote:I just caught Delirium testing on the live cam and while it looks beautiful, the ride cycle looks extremely short. I think it only reached its top angle ONCE.

Hopefully it's just testing and they will extend the ride time a little bit, or at least have different ride programs so that ops can run the ride differently according to attendance/wait times.

Regardless of wait time, a few full height swings will not make a significant difference compared to the unload/load time, so hopefully they always run it where it reaches peak more than one time.

Nothing is worse than riding one of these and only getting one full swing.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Lookin good to me!
image.png

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Jcoaster wrote:

Kill it with fire!

Agree. There are no redeeming qualities for that coaster, even if they re-track it.

Unless they RMC it, I would volunteer to bring some hot dogs, sticks and rolls. And even then, I would much prefer that they RMC Rebel Yell or Grizzly over that coaster any day of the week.

Most of Hurler's layout is just plain weak, IMO. It just sits in the back of the park looking like a big (well, not even that big), rough pile of suck...year after year.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I haven't been on KD's Hurler in close to ten years, but I rode the version at Carowinds in 2014. If KD's version is anything like the Carowinds model, then yes, kill it with fire. Kill it slowly and painfully.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:59 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I haven't been on KD's Hurler in close to ten years, but I rode the version at Carowinds in 2014. If KD's version is anything like the Carowinds model, then yes, kill it with fire. Kill it slowly and painfully.

I rode both within a month of each other last year and KD's was much worse!! Seems like Carowinds takes better care of their's, though both versions should be burned at the stake!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!