TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

It looks like a pretty massive rectangular area has been dug out in the empty space right next to Delirium. They put down sod everywhere except where Shockwaves lift had been. I'm thinking this could be a Slingshot opening in the summer but that's just a guess.

And... Never mind. The pattern in the dirt made it look like a hole. It's been laid wth sod.

I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

I didn't care for it when I rode it back in June. I enjoyed grizzly as well.

No Woodstock Express cult? At all?

No Woodstock Express cult? At all?

Woodstock Express is my number two to Skull Mountain. Honest to God it's my favorite wood coaster in the park because it has one ridiculous moment of ejector air in the back.

Actually wait that's Skull Mountain too lol.

Rebel Yell is one of the best coasters at Kings Dominion!

It's smooth, fun, and full of airtime hills. It's amazing how it races and lines up with the midway of

Candy Apple Grove!

Edited by Bmanscool

Grizzly is great but I loved Rebel Yell. It's all airtime all the way, plus I have a serious soft spot for racers.

As far as Hurler goes? I hope the "maintenance" involves a few cans of kerosene and an ignition source.

I used to love Hurler back when it was much better and you guys still hated it. And *I* find it horrible now. So yeah, they need to do something. It would make sense for it to just sit there until they do, even though that's kind of lame to be down 2 coasters from last year. Please KD, if you do that, put the extra crew on RY and Grizzly! Slow ops and closed rides is a "Really?"

Re: delirium, in all my webcam watching I never saw a full test, but looks like one in that picture.

I hope hurler will be taken down honestly. I have even heard GP pointing out that it is a bad ride. I think it's the only ride left in the park that I want to see taken down. (Although, I've never been a big fan of backlot either...)

I think that if a new coaster comes in 2017 it should be there. They could also fix up the area by adding a new entrance to the waterpark. Also, if it's a tall enough coaster and goes out far enough to the west, it might just be visible from I-95? :o

Although they don't have to add a new coaster, maybe they will have GCI retrack it like they are doing with ghostrider at Knott's?

I honestly don't know... But I just really hope that this is more than just hurler maintenance...

I hope hurler will be taken down honestly. I have even heard GP pointing out that it is a bad ride. I think it's the only ride left in the park that I want to see taken down. (Although, I've never been a big fan of backlot either...)

I think that if a new coaster comes in 2017 it should be there. They could also fix up the area by adding a new entrance to the waterpark. Also, if it's a tall enough coaster and goes out far enough to the west, it might just be visible from I-95? :o

Although they don't have to add a new coaster, maybe they will have GCI retrack it like they are doing with ghostrider at Knott's?

I honestly don't know... But I just really hope that this is more than just hurler maintenance...

GCI is actually retracking three woodies next year (not entirely, but still) so I´d imagine that if KD decides to keep the ride a retrack is in the near future.

Grizzly is great but I loved Rebel Yell. It's all airtime all the way, plus I have a serious soft spot for racers.

As far as Hurler goes? I hope the "maintenance" involves a few cans of kerosene and an ignition source.

I loved Rebel Yell, Hurler is absolute trash!

I just caught Delirium testing on the live cam and while it looks beautiful, the ride cycle looks extremely short. I think it only reached its top angle ONCE.

Hopefully it's just testing and they will extend the ride time a little bit, or at least have different ride programs so that ops can run the ride differently according to attendance/wait times.

I just caught Delirium testing on the live cam and while it looks beautiful, the ride cycle looks extremely short. I think it only reached its top angle ONCE.

Hopefully it's just testing and they will extend the ride time a little bit, or at least have different ride programs so that ops can run the ride differently according to attendance/wait times.

Regardless of wait time, a few full height swings will not make a significant difference compared to the unload/load time, so hopefully they always run it where it reaches peak more than one time.

Nothing is worse than riding one of these and only getting one full swing.

Saw on Facebook about a rumor that hurler might be down all season for "maintenence."

Kill it with fire!

Agree. There are no redeeming qualities for that coaster, even if they re-track it.

Unless they RMC it, I would volunteer to bring some hot dogs, sticks and rolls. And even then, I would much prefer that they RMC Rebel Yell or Grizzly over that coaster any day of the week.

Most of Hurler's layout is just plain weak, IMO. It just sits in the back of the park looking like a big (well, not even that big), rough pile of suck...year after year.

I haven't been on KD's Hurler in close to ten years, but I rode the version at Carowinds in 2014. If KD's version is anything like the Carowinds model, then yes, kill it with fire. Kill it slowly and painfully.

I haven't been on KD's Hurler in close to ten years, but I rode the version at Carowinds in 2014. If KD's version is anything like the Carowinds model, then yes, kill it with fire. Kill it slowly and painfully.

I rode both within a month of each other last year and KD's was much worse!! Seems like Carowinds takes better care of their's, though both versions should be burned at the stake!!