TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I have one free day before boarding my cruise in Orlando. I have decided that free day will be spent at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Since I am a complete noob to anything Disney I am seeking out some info that i am a little confused about on their website. Ill be going the second Saturday in February next year.

Realistically with only one day on a Saturday that time of the will we get much done?

Anything we cannot miss?

Any tips or tricks you would suggest for a one day visit to maximize what we can do?

Are there any one day trip reports someone can point me towards?

Has this been posted here? Sorry if it has, its absolutely hilarious.

'Angry Splash Mountain lady' photos: Syracuse woman becomes funny Internet meme

(make sure to scroll through the photos for all the great photochop jobs)

Steven Alexander says it's his fault his wife was upset. After a long day in the Magic Kingdom theme park with their baby son and Jordan's parents, he found himself too fatigued to go on one last ride.

"I was tired," he explains to syracuse.com. "I didn't have it in me."

"She went on the ride alone and when she came back, she showed me the photo and was like 'I did this for you.'"

The snapshot shows Jordan Alexander looking directly at the camera, taking pictures of all the passengers on the Splash Mountain log ride as it goes down a giant drop into a huge splash of water. She has her arms folded, sending a death stare to her husband.

angrysplash.jpg.ad25669afd62cb704e29b5b10897f759.jpg

That's awesome, though in my experience it's always the women giving up on going on rides later in the day. My mom did it, my sister did it, meanwhile pops and I went wild straight through the closing bell.

Ha, last time I was at Disneyland even my better half refused to go on Splash Mountain and waited for me by the exit. I got drenched. We're talking soaked to the bone, holy crap Splash Mountain has never been that wet in history. She laughed until she couldn't breathe when I came waddling down the exit ramp with my wet underwear and socks.

^ well that's screwed some plans. When at DL Paris our oldest had a sleep at dinner and we enjoyed some wine which made the rest of the evening at the park that bit more relaxing.

Because we're not staying at a resort hotel planned some drinking at Epcot and MK as it was easiest days not to have car with the two kids in tow. Now that MK is out the picture I'll need to replan to get some drinking in!

^It is relatively easy to hop the monorail to one of the three monorail resorts to go get dinner and drinks outside of the Magic Kingdom and come back when you're done. I highly recommend The Wave... Of American Flavor at the Contemporary Resort for both. Once you're done, head back to Magic Kingdom to hang out for the rest of the evening.

^ Yes. I have no idea why, either. It's the same in California, too.

High popularity, low capacity. The Peter Pan rides are the most elaborate of the "original" Fantasyland rides. At least they made the queue for Florida's version more interesting.

^ I understand why the line is long, I just don't understand why the ride is so popular. If I had to choose, Mr. Toad and Pinocchio are superior to Peter Pan. Peter is cool and all, but you don't crash into a train and go straight to hell.

^ I understand why the line is long, I just don't understand why the ride is so popular. If I had to choose, Mr. Toad and Pinocchio are superior to Peter Pan. Peter is cool and all, but you don't crash into a train and go straight to hell.

Well if it helps your understanding of Florida's massive queue for Pan, that park doesn't have a Pinocchio or Mr. Toad ride nearby.

Pan is also unique in that it's the only suspended dark ride. Why is that such an allure? *shrug* Kids like to think they're flying? Can't really do that just anywhere. The elevated carousels like Dumbo, Aladdin and Astro Orbitor are still popular as well.

Anybody else find the 149 dollars a little to high for their new "disney after hours?"

i've seen updates that it's a ticket from 7pm. . so it's a good 7 hours, + free Mickey bars.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

so it's not THAT big of an upcharge.

I dunno. Free ice cream and soda and an extra three hours outside of normal operations doesn't really seem like it'd be worth it for me. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and the people that go will have a great time, though!

Now, if they offered free beer and hot wings, I'd be singing a different tune.

I'm not sure how interested I would be in the event at that price point but hey if they can sell tickets for a few extra hours on Thursdays in April and May then good for them, and they will, this will completely sell out however many limited tickets they offer every night.

It does seem kind of very "un-Disney" to offer a separate specially ticketed event with no special theme, or unique "extras" not offered during the day. Disney is the most creative company in the world and the best name they could come up with for this is "Disney After Hours"? I mean give the event a creative name and a special character host and a limited time meet n great or something. Let Stitch run amuck around the park and do a nightly midnight castle projection countdown or soemthing.

Maybe this is a test run of sorts to see how it works. If it's as popular as I think it will be I wouldn't be surprised to see this offered throughout the year at different price points for different days/times of year. Don't forget they just rolled out the new "tiered" daily pricing, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tuesdays and Thursdays during peak months they offer a 8am-10pm ticket for one price and a 7pm-2am ticket on the same day for an upcharge. Dangit, in three paragraphs I just went from being skeptical of the event to thinking this is potentially a brilliant way to increase capacity and revenue throughout the year. They really are one of the most creative company's in the world, just work on that name will ya....