TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Can we please have a holocaust for the general public (no offense)??

I'm the last person to ever call someone out for making an offensive comment but wow.

Also none of these comments were all that bad, many are opinion based. Not everyone has to like the same things you like. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else's.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm the last person to ever call someone out for making an offensive comment but wow.

Also none of these comments were all that bad, many are opinion based. Not everyone has to like the same things you like. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else's.

It's to far but kids today have no filter at all, they think posting something behind a computer is cool. Also his location, can you say desperate for attention?

It's to far but kids today have no filter at all, they think posting something behind a computer is cool. Also his location, can you say desperate for attention?

How come in America half of us say that language has become too PC, while others believe we have no filter. Sometimes people make mistakes and post stupid comments, and he admitted that he went too far. Having to take up an entire page to complain about what someone said and how it offends you is much more obnoxious than a holocaust joke (which was deleted).

How come in America half of us say that language has become too PC, while others believe we have no filter. Sometimes people make mistakes and post stupid comments, and he admitted that he went too far. Having to take up an entire page to complain about what someone said and how it offends you is much more obnoxious than a holocaust joke (which was deleted).

Thanks.

What's the cost of one of these monsters?

I do not know for sure but probably under $10 million, probably about $5-7 million, but don't quote me on that I don't know for sure.

After seeing the updated pictures of Delirium, I almost wet my pants with joy.

Seasons ago I would have to travel to Kings Island and Cedar Point to ride this type of ride, but not anymore. I haven't been this X-Cite-Ted about a flat ride since 2002 when Triple Spin AKA Bad Apple debuted.

'Cuse me as I go use the bathroom.

"You better go use the bathroom. If I can't stand tears on me, then you know I can't stand wee-wee!"

I do not know for sure but probably under $10 million, probably about $5-7 million, but don't quote me on that I don't know for sure.

I´d guess around $4 million since Windseekers are $6 million and are way bigger/more complex (I´m guessing).

This news article shared from LegitSatireNewsNetwork (DISCLAIMER: this is a parody)

-SATURDAY, MARCH 5TH-

KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKWAVE

IN a surprise move Saturday morning, popular Virginia amusement park Kings Dominion announced that it will reopen the previously closed "Shockwave" roller coaster. The park, which last year announced its plans to remove the unpopular Shockwave roller coaster, stated today that the ride will instead be modified to travel backwards and literally fly off the rails at the apex of a half-loop, killing everyone on board.

A park spokesperson explained: "Previously, to ride the Shockwave, male riders had to accept that they were facing a pretty significant risk. Now, regardless of gender, all park guests can reconsider their life choices one last time on Shockwave's Revenge. Since not all parts of the ride could be recovered from the local scrap metal company, and because of the all-new Delirium's somewhat-intrusive footprint, we partnered with Mondial to make the ride run backwards, rougher than ever, and efficiently off the rails. The new trains, designed by Mondial, will be constructed of cardboard and lacking safety restraints. Shockwave's Revenge will be reserved for guests that pay the $10 fee and sign the liability waivers but primarily for particularly unruly guests. FastLane Plus: Crash and Burn will also be available for the ride. More information is available at http://www.kingsdominion.com/shockwavesrevenge. Shockwave's Revenge is presented by Final Destination 3."

The park provided this rendering of the restored ride:

shockwaveexecutioner.jpg.b4588ec093e8c14ecb893eb3085443b6.jpg

Excited guests are "off the rails" for Shockwave's Revenge!

*THIS IS A PARODY*

Typically parody is filed under the comedy genre, though I see now that parody is being used in the cringe department as well.

I've seen furry conventions less cringeworthy than that post.

But no hard feelings.

I´d guess around $4 million since Windseekers are $6 million and are way bigger/more complex (I´m guessing).

_Koppen contacted HUSS and Zamperla about 5 Years ago and received the List Price for the HUSS Giant Frisbee at €2.1 Million, including shipping, and the Zamperla Giant Discovery at €1.9 Million, without shipping. These costs were for the ride systems only and did not include the cost of foundations, etc. The main difference in price was the more powerful machinery on the HUSS unit.

Um...

giphy_3.gif

Same. Not sure how this "news article" is suppose to be "funny." To me it's just . . . Stupid.

Geez, get a sense of humor people! it's pretty funny to me. And who knows, maybe Kings Dominion will add this after their 900 foot Intamin launched 200mph inverted woodie!

This news article shared from LegitSatireNewsNetwork (DISCLAIMER: this is a parody)

-SATURDAY, MARCH 5TH-

KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKWAVE

IN a surprise move Saturday morning, popular Virginia amusement park Kings Dominion announced that it will reopen the previously closed "Shockwave" roller coaster. The park, which last year announced its plans to remove the unpopular Shockwave roller coaster, stated today that the ride will instead be modified to travel backwards and literally fly off the rails at the apex of a half-loop, killing everyone on board.

A park spokesperson explained: "Previously, to ride the Shockwave, male riders had to accept that they were facing a pretty significant risk. Now, regardless of gender, all park guests can reconsider their life choices one last time on Shockwave's Revenge. Since not all parts of the ride could be recovered from the local scrap metal company, and because of the all-new Delirium's somewhat-intrusive footprint, we partnered with Mondial to make the ride run backwards, rougher than ever, and efficiently off the rails. The new trains, designed by Mondial, will be constructed of cardboard and lacking safety restraints. Shockwave's Revenge will be reserved for guests that pay the $10 fee and sign the liability waivers but primarily for particularly unruly guests. FastLane Plus: Crash and Burn will also be available for the ride. More information is available at http://www.kingsdominion.com/shockwavesrevenge. Shockwave's Revenge is presented by Final Destination 3."

The park provided this rendering of the restored ride:

[attachment=0]shockwaveexecutioner.jpg[/attachment]

*THIS IS A PARODY*

Lots of activity on the webcam yesterday, put in queue railings and by now they're all in place (although might not be permanent because they put a bunch yesterday and then moved them). And I saw the ride MOVE yesterday morning (edit: AND today, interesting..) -- not far but was a surprisingly OMG moment -- it may be all tested for all I know, but this looked more like they wanted to test power they're hooking up. I'm feeling more involved and interested by watching (despite it occupying the former location of The Irreplacable Shockwave ). There's a lot involved and a lot of landscaping left to do. The preview shot is only from about 2 weeks ago and you can really see progress now, compared.

There's an excavation on the right of the ride that looks like a building could go there although they just put topsoil over it, they're doing more with that now but weren't before. The ditch or whatever to the left is also new... I saw irrigation put in between the ride and the building, I think they put it in when there will be little access due to high ride fences. The ride is also lit in blaze of light every night now, haven't seen anything but could be doing hookups or testing.