TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

The ride looks great! My only nitpick is after the brake run where the train returns back into areas of the park where it's visible to guests.

I wish they would have put a little more thought into it, because the ride before the brake run is really good, the part after just seems uninspired. You know with Mantis how it really has that presence in the park after the brake run? With the water, and the interactive element that really wows people when they walk by? To me it seems like they overlooked that kind of element with this ride.

I know there are two close parts near the paths that interact inside the park, but they seem to come short of the type of attraction I'm used to seeing at this park. Even a low 270 degree helix above the water right there where the guests get to look at for more than a split second really would have added the wow factor that Mantis and Kraken have.

Other than that, I'm sure Sea World will do a great job and this ride is going to be popular.

I'm so excited for this. I'm a huge Sea World fan, I love the laid back atmosphere of that park compared to other Orlando parks and I love their attention to detail in their new areas. I can't wait to see how the new shark realm turns out.

From an off ride standpoint, Mako has to have one of the best looking layouts of all the B&M hypers that I've seen. I love the way the ending interacts with the guest pathways!

I have to agree on terms of an aesthetic standpoint, as I think it reacts the best with the midways. I do hope the layout is equally as good, although after riding Apollo's Chariot, that will be hard to beat.

I wish they would have put a little more thought into it, because the ride before the brake run is really good, the part after just seems uninspired. You know with Mantis how it really has that presence in the park after the brake run? With the water, and the interactive element that really wows people when they walk by? To me it seems like they overlooked that kind of element with this ride.

I know there are two close parts near the paths that interact inside the park, but they seem to come short of the type of attraction I'm used to seeing at this park. Even a low 270 degree helix above the water right there where the guests get to look at for more than a split second really would have added the wow factor that Mantis and Kraken have.

Have you seen the concept art?

20160210060137!Mako_Artist_Concept.jpg

Every hyper/giga coaster B&M has ever built has a trim, why would this one be any different?

At least it's just on 1 hill. Given the fact that they're trying to mimic the quick movements of a shark, hopefully the MCBR won't break the train as it passes through. Here's another thing to keep in mind, Mako is using shorter trains than all other Hyper/Giga coasters. The shorter trains really helped Thunderbird, so hopefully they'll help Mako.

Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

They are actually going to kill to Raven's with one Symoné.

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

As much as we like to think it's all about us, most of the the time trims are to prevent damage to the trains or structure, not affect the ride experience of guests. In the case where they're pre-installed from day one, it's an insurance policy that on certain days in certain weather, extra strain won't be put on that could cause a higher maintenance cost over time.

Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

Is that a That's So Raven joke?

I think it's a Cosby Show joke.

I think it's a Cosby Show joke.

Oh, my bad. Raven Symone is just more recognizable from ThatS So Raven for my age group

I understand sometimes trims are necessary, but often with B&M Hypers I find it hard to believe they are needed. They can be really noticeable. I just hate the placement of them, right before you hit the crest of an airtime hill. Goliath at SFOG has its only trim at the very bottom of the turnaround helix and I much prefer that.

I understand sometimes trims are necessary, but often with B&M Hypers I find it hard to believe they are needed. They can be really noticeable. I just hate the placement of them, right before you hit the crest of an airtime hill. Goliath at SFOG has its only trim at the very bottom of the turnaround helix and I much prefer that.

I read an interview with Walter Bolliger about Silver Star and he explained that they wanted to create "long" airtime. I think they aim at having exactly 0G over the entire hill and the trims will then regulate the speed of the train to reach this and give the same ride experience for everyone.