TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

My mom punched me in the face while sitting on the brake run on Diamondback and I got a bloody nose. When we got back into the station I was bleeding all over the front seat, so they had to close the ride for a few minutes during morning ERT for the GP, and clean of the seats, and then they sent the next few trains empty.

Some more moments during WCB!

- Riding YOLOcoaster for evening ERT...I get elbow punched by Blue Fire Guy when hitting the brakes after having ejector airtime. This isn't the first time he has punched me on a ride, and this was on the opposite side of the face

-Scream, during WCB...my group had just completed our lap and when we approached the station, we overshot the retractable floors. In short, we broke the ride. Even the ride op asks us if we broke it. We then slowly inched our way backwards until we were lined up.

-Triggering sensors on Timber Mountain Log Ride...all just by raising our hands. I'm sure you all remember the "SIDDOWN!" from before. The pre-recorded voice is still present and was rediscovered by accident when one of my friends reached up as she stretched her arms (it was a long day) at saw mill room. Suddenly I hear the "SIDDOWN!" voice. I realized that her stretching tripped the sensor. In the next room (dark cave room) I raised my hands for the approaching drop when I hear the same thing. Again I found the sensors going up the final lift.

On our next lap (this was during ERT) we all raised our hands and began waving them...suddenly I hear "SI-SI-SI-SIDDOWN!" The stutters worked best in the cave room (first drop in total darkness). Was a hilarious way to end West Coast Bash! At the end, I imitated the voice in front of the ride op when he asks "Are you guys playing with our sensors?" in a joking way

Also, this was kind of funny, but some dumbass dropped a basketball on the mindbender track in the station while the train was coming in and they just let the train run over the basketball and it got pushed out of the way, but everyone was panicking like there was some sort of accident.

*Sigh* GP.....

• 9 months later...

One thing I always remember is when I was in line for Jaguar at KBF. FYI, the queue is completely indoors in a temple. Anyway, I was just waiting when out of nowhere a ride op spoke over the loud speaker, extremely loud. I even heard some girls scream, It was really funny.

Another one is, when I was at a local carnival just watching the hammer do its thing, when keys fell from the highest point. It landed literally a foot away from a bystander. This could have ended a lot worse.

Another one I think is pretty amusing is when I was riding the West Coaster at the Santa Monica Pier. West Coaster does two circuits, and when we we're going up the lift the second time, the ride stopped. Turns out a women got really scared the first time, so they stopped the ride so they can get her off. The ride isn't even scary!

I remember my brother on X2...he screamed comically the entire time, with intermittent refrains of "Why am I doing this?" and "How are you supposed to ride this thing?" Once we reached the brakes, I asked how his ride was. He responded, "Am I dead?"

My friends are total dorks (myself included), so I have numerous stories of hysterical ride experiences. For example, I rode Demon at CGA with some friends of mine. When we reached the tunnel after the second loop, a bunch of girls started screaming. My friend proceeded to yell, "What's so scary about the freakin' tunnel?!"

Another time, we were at Disneyland, riding Star Tours II. At the end of the ride, I said "Amen" (it's sort of an inside joke, but watch Key & Peele's video "Black Ice" and you'll get the gist of it), and one of my friends very loudly responded, "AMEN!!!" That made me slightly uncomfortable, but it was funny regardless...

2 experiences that happened to me this year stand out.

The first was on opening day at GAdv and I saw this on the catwalk:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403478020.417575.jpg.1691636bd7f99e8a1b69d13d70be3b3b.jpg

The second was on Fire in the Hole at SDC. Me and my dad were in the front row and neither of us knew about the finale so were surprised by getting wet and my dad goes on to express his feelings about that loud enough for the whole train to hear. Let's just say he wasn't happy.

I'll never forget when we were teenagers my friend and I were in line for Superman The Escape and some girl was going to TOWN on one of those giant sour pickles, slurping the juice and everything. My friend who despises pickles saw her and it looked like he had seen a ghost, losing all the color in his face watching her devour this pickle. My stomach still hurts from laughing

• 1 year later...

My funniest ride experience ever was when I was going on Outlaw Run for the first time. Literally the second we reached the top of the lift, the whole thing shut down. We had to evacuate by going down the catwalk. The next day, we went back to SDC to ride Outlaw Run, but the second we got off, the ride shut down again

^ Kinda reminds me of my experiences on Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland ever since it re-opened with the new finale. There's a lot of downtime on it. Last trip we managed to get two rides on it midday after it was shut down all morning and grab a fastpass for later only to have it break as soon as we left the fastpass machine. Didn't reopen the rest of the day.

My experience on Indiana Jones Advebture at Disneyland this past New Year's Eve:

1. Park opens, ran to Hyperspace Mountain to get FP, ran to Indy, ride is down.

2. 10:00 returned after we did a few rides, waited in line for 5 minutes, ride broke down, waited another 20 minutes, they told us to leave the line.

3. 4:00 returned, waited an hour, just about to enter the temple it broke down again, another 20 minutes, left the line.

4. 8:00 returned again, an hour later, we were literally at the same spot outside of the temple, broke down again, left the line but still held my belief that we will get to ride it that day.

5. 10:30, we have it a last try, the ride broke down AGAIN when we were in the outside queue. We waited another 10 minute and the ride finally opened, we finally got to ride it.

6. After the countdown at Fantasmic, we went back as the line was 25 minutes. Ride finally didn't break down but the audio had problem so the last 1/4 of the ride was silent until the stone ball scene.

Let's see. . .

One of the funniest ride experiences that I have had was on Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast at SFOT. It was early in the morning right after the park opened. We were sitting in the front row, and when the train came back into the station we noticed that we stopped short of where the train usually stops. Turns out what we noticed was right. The train really did stop about a foot short. A few minutes later the ride operator's announced that the ride was "Currently closed due to technical difficulties. . ." About 20 minutes later maintenance showed up, and simply pushed the train forward about a foot. Once the train was back in the correct position the guy behind us yelled to the maintenance team "Boy, you guys really had to work hard for that extra few inches."

It made lightened up the frustration of other riders on the train from being "stuck" on the coaster.

There was a time in 2014 when I visited SFMM. My dad and I rode X2. I made a mistake of waiting until after the ride to go to the bathroom and right when the ride ended, the block brakes were malfunctioning so I had to hold it for 30 minutes. When I finally got off, I literally bolted to the nearest bathroom super fast and I ended up in the wrong one so I had to go to the other side.

One time when I went to Heide-Park on a school trip... Of course I was going crazy being the geek I am, wanting to ride everything. So we were in line for Colossos (such a great coaster!) and I ended up in the backseat with the 'badass' of my class, who was always being the 'cool guy' doing all sorts of stupid and dangerous stuff. Anyway, we were going up the lift and he was getting more and more nervous, but tried to stay cool nonetheless. As we reached the top, he broke down though, going "oh my god oh my god oh my god please hold my hand" So I rode Colossos holding his hand, and after he insisted that I would never tell anybody. (Which I didn't.)

I have a few, but I'll just do two.

First off, my first time on the Beast before I was an enthusiast was an absolute blast. I was riding with some GP friends and we were scared going up and laughing the entire way. But when we hit the helix, poo hit the fan. We hit a HUGE jolt entering the turn and we all hit our heads. One friend literally ruptured his ear (he went to the hospital about a week later) Still it was an absolutely awesome ride.

The other time was on Gemini last year, it was only my dad and I. We were on one of the slower turnarounds and the trains were neck and neck. Next thing you know, at least 4 people from each train reached out and were able to hold hands with someone from the other train. The held on for a good 5+ seconds before the next drop.

One time on Spinout at SFMM, there was some fat lady riding.When the floor went down, she was sinking with it while everyone else was above her. It was sad yet funny.

^Now THAT'S funny.

/endthread

One time when I went to Heide-Park on a school trip... Of course I was going crazy being the geek I am, wanting to ride everything. So we were in line for Colossos (such a great coaster!) and I ended up in the backseat with the 'badass' of my class, who was always being the 'cool guy' doing all sorts of stupid and dangerous stuff. Anyway, we were going up the lift and he was getting more and more nervous, but tried to stay cool nonetheless. As we reached the top, he broke down though, going "oh my god oh my god oh my god please hold my hand" So I rode Colossos holding his hand, and after he insisted that I would never tell anybody. (Which I didn't.)

Until now!

Well I got one thing I have a laugh at every once in a while, meanly because it turned me into the person I am today.

My coaster that changed me completely from I wish to understand coasters to I want to ride coasters, it was Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris. It was in 2007 I already had been looking out for parks for a couple of years but I had a big fear of riding coasters especially with inversions (you know I thought that was a big deal back then. ) but I still lacked researches (like TPR) to find the information or where the parks where. So I had no idea that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was in fact a coaster. So we where in the park in 2007 and first there was disappointment that there was no coaster (Crush wasn't finished yet), so my parents decided to queue up for RnRC. The entire queue I had to fight with my parents who thought this was a simulation ride as they heard no coaster and me who guessed this was a coaster turning me being right in that trip to 2 and they had nothing right, and lets just say this totally backfired at them for forcing me to ride it, I was over my fear in no time and day's later I found the resources to become a full fleshed fan. To this day they still regret this and I can laugh daily on this fact.

My mom was however a train before me and after the launch she thought I was a goner, I came out more then fine but a little bit of dark humor was a week after we where home a lady actually died as we heard it. No disrespect meant but there was some slightly humor in it.

I got off Twister at Knoebel's (about three years ago, so before a lot of the more recent retracking). Two young girls (probably 9-10) had been on my train and exited before me. They got down to a waiting parent who of course asked, "How was it?"

The one girl looked incredibly shaked and goes, "I think I peed a little."

I gotta admit that it had made me brown out a little there during that ride (and not since) but it still made me laugh.