TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Looking good! Reminds me of watching DCA grow up from a parking lot all those years ago. I am also fascinated with what they plan to do to keep the crowds appeased during 2017/18/19 given the fact that admission prices will keep increasing before Star Wars land opens. Of course, it looks like they could add nothing attraction wise those years and the resort will stay hopping.

Disney could probably have Mickey Mouse murder a guest daily and the park would still be packed.

Looking good! Reminds me of watching DCA grow up from a parking lot all those years ago. I am also fascinated with what they plan to do to keep the crowds appeased during 2017/18/19 given the fact that admission prices will keep increasing before Star Wars land opens. Of course, it looks like they could add nothing attraction wise those years and the resort will stay hopping.

Disney could probably have Mickey Mouse murder a guest daily and the park would still be packed.

I think that's an upcharge event.

I wonder if they will offer euthanasia fast passes.

It is kind of related to Star Wars Land, so thought I would also post here...

Tony Dyson, the British special effects artist and robotics professor responsible for bringing R2-D2 to life in ‘Star Wars’, has died aged 68.

TonyDyson.jpg.f97789fb4c07e9d51016c0994256f3c3.jpg

$100 to view Mickey's sacrifice of the day.

It looks really pretty from a viewing perspective with all the cars in sync like that, almost like a reverse-Aquatopia. Aquatopia is really fun to watch (and of course to ride) just because of the chaos: watching all the different boats, spinning, interacting with the scenery, and not knowing where each one is going but this one does the opposite keeping them all in sync in those dance patterns, that shot just before the POV where they all faced the camera and did their sidesteps looked great from a non-riders perspective.

Much like the tires, to me Luigi's looks super boring! Good for the youngin's, but I'd never wait to ride. Hope it gets popular and sees many new guests!....

Hey that's cool. But listen, this is another generation of trackless vehicle(s) for Disney. And this is many, many, Many vehicles, interacting

with each other, on a "Grand Scale" (= all at once). I thought it looked pretty pointless myself. But now that it's running, it looks pretty cool to me.

My experience is, I have been on the trackless rides at WDS Paris, and Tokyo Disneyland/Sea. Each is totally unique in how it's run and operated.

You have to appreciate how they are trying all levels and ways (so far, 5) to exploit this new technology. And it's an easy WIN for us gp.

(And I would so love to get back to HKDL and MYSTIC MANOR. It looks amazing! Also remember,

that a lot of people who come to Disneyland, have never ever been overseas. That counts. too.)

I think, as is the case with Aquatopia, you would have to experience the new Luigi's ride to fully appreciate it.

Truth! While the technology had me intrigued, I wasn't terribly excited for this. After riding it last week I can say it was actually quite fun! It's a much better use of space than Flying Tires, and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

I think, as is the case with Aquatopia, you would have to experience the new Luigi's ride to fully appreciate it.

Truth! While the technology had me intrigued, I wasn't terribly excited for this. After riding it last week I can say it was actually quite fun! It's a much better use of space than Flying Tires, and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

I felt the same way about Mater's Junkyard Jamboree until I rode it.

it's quite hard to tell from the video if it's exciting or just pleasing (I'd enjoy either. . I mean, I LOVE peoplemover at Magic Kingdom, and not many folks would classify that as "exciting").

I do enjoy watching all the cars line dance

can't wait to make it to California to give this a spin.

I was able the ride the ride last week. The ride is fun, no, its not a super thrilling ride, but its much better then the tires. Also, the way the ride can move is really really cool. Also, unlike Aquatopia, there is nothing interactive on the playfloor. But given that the system allows for unlimited different ride paths, I could see sometime in the future them adding interactive elements to the floor. Things you go under, around, that move and react to your car. Think like the hefelump and whoozle room in Poohs Honey Hunt. But they would only be temporary additions that they can change out. Make new ride paths add new things and such. I think this ride has great potential to really be an adaptable ride.

Also, unlike Aquatopia, there is nothing interactive on the playfloor. But given that the system allows for unlimited different ride paths, I could see sometime in the future them adding interactive elements to the floor. Things you go under, around, that move and react to your car. Think like the hefelump and whoozle room in Poohs Honey Hunt. But they would only be temporary additions that they can change out. Make new ride paths add new things and such. I think this ride has great potential to really be an adaptable ride.

They might be able to do some nice holiday overlays--for example, having the cars dance around Christmas trees.

The park was really dead last night considering they were open until 12. Indy was in great condition after its refurb and it was nice to see the pole in the queue "working" when you shake it (although the falling ceiling effect was not). From 10:30-12 I was able to ride the Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Indy 3 times in a row, and Hyperspace Mountain 3 times in a row (it was really that empty).