Ferrari World Discussion Thread

P. 189 - Turbo Track POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 am

A.J. wrote:So, basically, Skyrush again. Underwhelming at first glance but kick-butt to ride.

I never felt Skyrush looked underwhelming at all at first glance. Those of us who have been on Mega-Lites and other smaller Intamin rides know what to expect. They have the ability to pack a LOT of intense ride action into a small space.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:So, basically, Skyrush again. Underwhelming at first glance but kick-butt to ride.

I never felt Skyrush looked underwhelming at all at first glance. Those of us who have been on Mega-Lites and other smaller Intamin rides know what to expect. They have the ability to pack a LOT of intense ride action into a small space.

Yea I don't know if you were looking at the correct ride. Skyrush never looked underwhelming for a second. Also when you first encounter the ride at the park before riding it you can see it absolutely tear through the course.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

*double post*

*Jumps off bridge*
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:44 am

That makes sense then. I'm not as well-seasoned as you are! I initially thought that Skyrush was pretty slow going over its hills when they started testing it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 am

When I first saw Skyrush it looked insane, you could hear the terror in the people's screams! I know they slowed it down some on the lift after the first year. Riding it the first year it opened was insane, I have never felt anything like that on a ride before. The second time(a few years later) was still insane but not like the first year it was open.

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm

robbalvey wrote:

Skyrush was one of the few coasters that actually frightened me the first time I rode it. If Flying Aces is in that league, it sounds good to me.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:13 pm

cfc wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

Skyrush was one of the few coasters that actually frightened me the first time I rode it. If Flying Aces is in that league, it sounds good to me.

I completely agree. Looks can be VERY deceiving, especially with rides like these. I will say though that just from the couple videos I've seen so far, Flying Aces does look like a hell of a good time. :)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Jcoaster wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

Yea I don't know if you were looking at the correct ride. Skyrush never looked underwhelming for a second. Also when you first encounter the ride at the park before riding it you can see it absolutely tear through the course.

Personally, I thought Skyrush looked very underwhelming from POVs (compared to how amazing and intense it actually ended up being when I did ride it). I took it as a coaster with decent airtime and an uninspired layout. Once I rode it for the first time my mind changed completely and it is now my #1 coaster if I had to rank.

That said I don't think this looks as impressive as Skyrush simply comparing off ride footage. I am all for as intense as possible (within legal and physical reason). I hope I can get out there to ride it one day though as it looks like a top notch coaster!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Holy crap, I had no idea it had an inversion! Wow! This ride looks stunning. It just keeps going and going and going. Jealous of Dave over there riding right now!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Here's the video that David sent us:

And I'll re-post some of his photos again in case you might have missed them:
12752109_10153892402957429_414055778_o.jpg
12754934_10153892402747429_1073902367_o.jpg
12787231_10153892403167429_491688216_o.jpg
12788376_10153892402642429_151732712_o.jpg
12788594_10153892403047429_718700331_o.jpg
12788598_10153892402682429_44596254_o.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!