Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Magic Kingdom has the second best food options of any park I've ever been to, second to Epcot. Be Our Guest beats every Six Flags and Cedar Fair park ,combined, by itself.

As much as I am mostly bored by their rides and parades at this point, I would go there just to eat.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39 pm

CoasterCard wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
gp1086 wrote:One thing I don't like - the lack of casual dining options (i.e. go up to the window and grab some chicken fingers, burger, etc.)

Are you kidding??? Magic Kingdom used to get so much grief because quick-serve was pretty much ALL they had for the longest time...

- Casey's Corner
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray's
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pecos Bill
- Village Haus
- Sleepy Hollow
- Friar's Nook
- Lunching Pad
- Tortuga Tavern

And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!

What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters.

If someone finds the process of opening a door and entering a building too formal a step to procure chicken fingers, then all hope for them is lost. Disney ain't the problem.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:48 pm

"This is too nice...I want my $12 chicken strips served from rundown buildings by kids making minimum wage at Six Flags instead."

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:05 am

Read somewhere that Big Thunder Mountain is down from April to July this year. Is this true? Gutted if it is.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:25 am

snoflake15 wrote:Read somewhere that Big Thunder Mountain is down from April to July this year. Is this true? Gutted if it is.

I have seen this info on several different fan sites, but when we called to book our upcoming trip in July I asked about it and they said no refurbishment is planned.

Not sure what to believe, as sometimes the people on the other end of the phone are not necessarily the most informed.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:12 pm

This just in...

All New “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” Show Brings Joyful Celebration to Walt Disney World Resort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Joining the lineup of unparalleled Walt Disney World Resort entertainment, “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” will immerse guests in a royal musical celebration set to debut this summer on the Cinderella Castle stage at Magic Kingdom Park.

Mickey Mouse and his pals unite in a tale of friendship featuring songs and characters from Disney’s contemporary classics “Princess and the Frog,” “Tangled” and “Frozen.”

From the land of the bewitching bayous, Goofy has invited Princess Tiana, Naveen and Louis to add a little spice of New Orleans jazz to the party. Donald Duck brings some new friends he met in the land of the enchanted woods, where Daisy Duck introduces us to her special guests, Rapunzel and Flynn. Finally, Mickey Mouse shares a surprise with Minnie Mouse, as he has traveled to the land of the mystic mountains to invite Olaf, Princess Anna, and Queen Elsa, who swirls a blast of her icy magic.

The celebration culminates in a grand dance, marked by a magical fireworks finale. “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” will be presented multiple times daily.
FriendshipFaire-PnF_Landscape_ForRelease.png
FriendshipFaire-Tangled_FullCastle_ForRelease.png

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Just read on another site (don't know whether appropriate to name) about Big Thunder closing April-July. Seems a very strange time to do a rehab. Not sure my 4 year old would have braved it and been on the Paris one more recently so not the end of the world I suppose. Although finding out Toy Story Mania closing in same article was more annoying.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jackdude101 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Special mention to the Roy O. Disney (#4) locomotive on the Walt Disney World Railroad, which turns 100 years old this month. That effectively makes it the oldest ride in Walt Disney World (the only other ride close to that is the carousel, which was made in 1917).
Roy O. Disney.png

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 pm

I have to say, it's about time Tiana and Naveen get in a show. The Princess and the Frog is criminally under-rated. I hope they do a villain segment like in Dream Along with Mickey but include Facilier instead of Maleficent.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:48 pm

snoflake15 wrote: Big Thunder closing April-July. Seems a very strange time to do a rehab.

Keep it open for the spring break crowds, kill it for a big rehab for the end of the school year, open it back up in time for the majority of summer crowds. Seems smart to me.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!