TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I love the "fin" piece on the side of the trains, I wonder if those will be on every car or just the lead car, looks great either way.

I didn't notice any pictures of the turnaround over the lake so I'm guessing they haven't placed any track in that are yet. I'm pretty excited to see how that section comes together, SeaWorld always does a great job of integrating their coasters with park surroundings (Mant's splashdown, Kraken's tunnel, Cheetah Hunt's launch/tower, all of Sheikra) so I'm sure that small portion of the ride will add a lot of excitement to that area of the park. Looking forward to seeing this thing complete.

I love that they have tried to make it look like a shark by adding the gills on the side, They were starting to build this coaster whilst I was visiting back in November. Is it going to be like Shambhala at Port Aventura?

I love that they have tried to make it look like a shark by adding the gills on the side, They were starting to build this coaster whilst I was visiting back in November. Is it going to be like Shambhala at Port Aventura?

It's similar (same make and model) but will be quite a bit different layout wise and not quite as big. I thought Mako's layout looked quite boring at first but it's definitely grown on me and the overbanked turn looks great.

Ah thanks Karla, Wish I could visit the USA more often but sadly I don't have the funds. Would love to ride this beast. Maybe in a few years. I'll just have to stick with Alton Towers and Thorpe Park for the time being.

This looks amazing! That has got to be one of the best looking lead cars out there.

To bad I wont be headed to Orlando for the Zumba Convention this year. Next year when/if the Canadian dollar is back up I'll b able to return.I want to ride Mako and Cobras Curse but I cant justify the cost. I cant't wait to read the trip reports this summer

The press release said "the ride will be accompanied by a sound track with musical elements that change as the ride goes through different areas" which some people thought could be onboard, but others suggested would be from speakers around the ride, so I think it will be a bit like Swarm at Thorpe Park where sound effects/music can be cued by the ride going past sensors, presumably during the final sequence where the ride goes over the pathway near the lagoon