TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Haha well done gerstlaueringvar, although I'm proud that I mentioned the Skyrush similarity too and you can't take that away from me

Thanks Dave Id, I'll be so happy if that's the case! The CGI mockup a couple of pages ago LOOKED like it had a vest to me, but it might have just been a fan-made version based on Walibi's snapchat post

Oh...

Well this just lowered the excitement on this ride by about 50000%

We have a million of these compact inversion-y coasters that seem to end up to

be just mediocre, so lets just hope that this is really good...

I disagree with your opinion here. We may have a lot of Eurofighters, but this looks like a cut above the rest. First off, it's Mack! Have you been on a larger Mack recently? Manta is amazingly smooth and I've heard amazing things about Blue Fire and Helix as well as Storm and Flah at Lewa World. I think seeing Macks take on this will be very exciting. Another difference between this and a typical gerst Eurofighter is the focus on airtime. This looks a lot more interesting than most Eurofighters to me. This coaster has super unique elements (the outward banked tophat thing? The super tight apex airtime hill?). I am way more excited about this than any gerst that isn't Karnan or possibly Junker. And those are Infinity coasters right?

Macks future is super exciting to me, I can't wait to see what else they are doing!

Oh...

I disagree with your opinion here. We may have a lot of Eurofighters, but this looks like a cut above the rest. First off, it's Mack! Have you been on a larger Mack recently? Manta is amazingly smooth and I've heard amazing things about Blue Fire and Helix as well as Storm and Flah at Lewa World. I think seeing Macks take on this will be very exciting. Another difference between this and a typical gerst Eurofighter is the focus on airtime. This looks a lot more interesting than most Eurofighters to me. This coaster has super unique elements (the outward banked tophat thing? The super tight apex airtime hill?). I am way more excited about this than any gerst that isn't Karnan or possibly Junker. And those are Infinity coasters right?

Macks future is super exciting to me, I can't wait to see what else they are doing!

Have you been on a large scale Euro Fighter? And Flash is not even opened yet, how can you hear amazing things about it? Also, Gerstlauer has been doing off-axis transitions on Euro Fighters before RMC did NTaG and Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element. Yes this is a very interesting layout, but I don't think it's any better than the newer Gerstlauer coasters.

Oh...

Have you been on a large scale Euro Fighter? And Flash is not even opened yet, how can you hear amazing things about it? Also, Gerstlauer has been doing off-axis transitions on Euro Fighters before RMC did NTaG and Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element. Yes this is a very interesting layout, but I don't think it's any better than the newer Gerstlauer coasters.

I have, I find them sorta rough (Mystery Mine) or very boring (Dare Devil Dive). I haven't heard any good news on them getting any smoother (I read Karnan was rough on opening day). Flash opened in January actually, and the POV looks better than any Gerstlauer I've ever seen. Most Eurofighters seem pretty standard to me at this point. Takabisha has some interesting elements, but I'd be worried about roughness on that one.

I feel like Gerstlauer has great ideas and great elements but poor execution. I see a lot more potential from Mack in the future.

*I also read Helix had some shuffling problems on their trains opening season but got fixed before 2015.

Wave turn

Isn't it just a top-hat wich is bend over on the top. A Wave turn Is still far from this in my opinion.

But I love the shape and with fixed trains we actually get to ride it this wacky and then the flat turn (Prefer flat turns on wild mouses way more then on Winja's so huge win).

Wave turn

Isn't it just a top-hat wich is bend over on the top. A Wave turn Is still far from this in my opinion.

Yes, for me it isn't the same thing neither. Though I won't say it's just a slanted top-hat, I think it's awesome on its own.

I mean after looking at this for a while and considering how high quality mack is,

i sorta am warming up to this idea, however it would've still been nice if we had

gotten that insane mack spinner already now, but we'll probably get one in 2017 then.

I`m with you on this ! I was hoping for a spinner in 2016...but I guess this thing will be a lot of fun even without the spinning.

I`m just asking myself why they release those photos of the car with that blue foil still on ? I guess it will look a lot better when it`s removed

^ The blue foil is on to protect the logo, maybe? Before they reveal it all? Actually I rather like it like that,

if only they'd smoothed out the wrinkles a bit more, lol. And I like the car. Mini-wings!

^ The blue foil is on to protect the logo, maybe? Before they reveal it all? Actually I rather like it like that,

if only they'd smoothed out the wrinkles a bit more, lol. And I like the car. Mini-wings!

As far as known in this stage, there will be no logo on the coach.