TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

Hi all!

I recently started making a new theme park on RCT3, placing a no entry sign by the entrance of course. Then I left the peeps to their own devices to test some ideas for water rides. When I came back, I started to make a nice entrance area with shops and benches and such necessities. After a little while I noticed that the peeps were all clumped together in a big group from which nobody could escape. I tried extending the path so that they could spread out, but to no avail.

Does anybody know why this happens and what I can do to fix it?

-PotterGod

PS. Thanks in advance

Well, when this has happened to me I just set up a launch coaster near the path and fire away, and that usually works.

I would make the paths wider to allow for more traffic.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following Coasterinc's videos but due to his videos hitting 3 fps, it makes if a tad difficult to follow (not saying his videos are bad, i highly appreciate his work).

The part that Im most confused on is in the later parts in sketch up when im exploding track sections and rejoining them because i can only explode them once.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm running RCT3 Platinum from the Mac App Store. Having a hard time with the options.txt cheat to allow rides to intersect with terrain. The option to intersect tracks works fine, but the other two don't. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have a similar issue. Save my game still displays the old custom music that I've uploaded. The files still work, but it won't display ANY of the new music I try and upload. I've tried mp3, wmv, and wav. None of it works. I've even gone to so far as to uninstall the current version of the game I have (which is only the demo version), download a new "copy" and install that one. Only to have it still feature the old music, which I've removed from the RCT3 folder, and not the new music.

I posted this issue elsewhere (I think), but I can't seem to find it now, so here goes. I have an issue where teh game, where the game displays old custom music I uploaded awhile ago. I have since removed those files, and have tried uploading new files, but the game never displays them. It just keeps displaying the old ones. I've tried every fromat I can (mp3, wmv, and wav). I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself. NOTHING works. I should also note, that I only have the demo version of the original game.

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to record roller coaster POVs for my park, Simmons Creek Amusement Park. However, my in-game recorder isn't quite recording the videos. I have tried to record other POVs in sandbox mode and the in-game recorder works just fine. Is my park too full to record? Is there not enough space on my disk or CPU? I would prefer if I could record these without having to buy an actual screen recorder, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Since the new update I had troubles loading up saved parks that had CFR's in. So I deleted all the CFR files and then my parks opened fine. So then I re downloaded all the CFR files and reinstalled them. None of the flat rides worked. I get a missing :Svd for :Sid message and the game crashes every time. But I have installed them properly. Does this mean I can't use Custom Flat Rides anymore? help please

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm running RCT 3 Platinum on my Macbook Pro, and I recently had to restore my computer from a backup. There used to be a dialogue box that would pop up when I would start RCT3 asking about preferences like shadows, resolution, and quality before launching the game. That no longer occurs, and I can't remember how I set that up in the first place. I've been looking online for info on it, but can't find anything.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to get that box to appear again? I think there's some key that I need to hold when I start the program.

EDIT: Solved my own problem. If anyone's wondering, holding command after you launch the program will allow the box to pop up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to download this Looping Star onto my game but every time I start it, a pop up shows up

5.PNG.6ea8f74d469cbaf5083fd9733aa1de7b.PNG

This is what I downloaded

6.PNG.eb829424aebed8fc321ca0a533bc19ec.PNG

And this shows up. Does this delete my game? I really don't want to lose my parks.

(normally a folder just shows up in my downloads, but this one is new to me)

If you don't trust a download, check the comments with it and see if anyone else has had similar issues. If it's a common issue, you should try to locate a fix (generally from the pack's creator). If it's an issue on your end that you're iffy with, try to find another mirror of the download that won't corrupt your files.

Worst case scenario if you can't find a fix or a stable mirror: just don't bother with it. No custom content is worth destroying your game (or even worse, your entire computer).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...