TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

• 2 weeks later...

Tick, tock, tick tock...

So much to do, so much to do...

I also want to go out on a limb, and predict that the Pooh Dark Ride will be trackless.

Why? Huge show building built, no press - at - all about it, really. And just because...

I will probably be wrong. But with so much attention drawn to the Mine Ride Coaster, TRON, Peter Pan,

The Fantasyland Boat Ride, and all the stuff in Adventure Land and Treasure Cove... could happen.

The website is now listing ticket prices. They go on sale 28th March.

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/ticket/

Adult (above 1.4M & under 65 years old) tickets are either priced at ¥370 (Approx $65) or ¥499 (Approx $76) depending on weather you visit during regular or Peak periods.

Grand opening tickets (June 16 - 30) are priced at ¥499.

Peak periods cover:

Designated holidays

Weekends

Summer Holidays (July - August)

Children (1M -1.4M), seniors (65+), and the disabled receive 25% off.

Two-day park tickets receive 5% off

Very good! Slightly cheaper than I thought but that seems very reasonable for what they offer.

I checked out their website, they mentioned that the boats on Pirates of the Caribbean will spin, go sideways, go backwards and even "dive into the water". Sounds kind of like Omnimover similar to Little Merimaid to me.

All the photos of Pooh they have on the website are from Tokyo Disneyland. Please let it be a trackless!

Jet pack ride will tilt forward more and more as you go higher.

The website is now listing ticket prices. They go on sale 28th March.

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/ticket/

Adult (above 1.4M & under 65 years old) tickets are either priced at ¥370 (Approx $65) or ¥499 (Approx $76) depending on weather you visit during regular or Peak periods.

Grand opening tickets (June 16 - 30) are priced at ¥499.

Peak periods cover:

Designated holidays

Weekends

Summer Holidays (July - August)

Children (1M -1.4M), seniors (65+), and the disabled receive 25% off.

Two-day park tickets receive 5% off

Compared to prices for Universal and Disney in the U.S., that's not bad at all.

I checked out their website, they mentioned that the boats on Pirates of the Caribbean will spin, go sideways, go backwards and even "dive into the water". Sounds kind of like Omnimover similar to Little Merimaid to me.

NOPE! Try again Its a totally new ride system designed by WDI for this ride.

Recent photos I found from Themeparx.com

http://www.themeparx.com/shanghai-disneyland/ (Bottom of Page 3)

Show inside the Shanghai Disney Hotel, as well as a few shots inside the Winnie The Pooh dark ride,

which clearly show that the attraction is on a rail. And not as trackless as I hoped it would be.

The pooh ride looks like a clone of Disneyland's version based on that interior shot.

Anyone know why they might be using the Disneyland version? Surely if the Japan version is better it would make more sense to use that system?

If they are investing so much into the park surely the more advanced system would be a better choice?

Anyone know why they might be using the Disneyland version? Surely if the Japan version is better it would make more sense to use that system?

If they are investing so much into the park surely the more advanced system would be a better choice?

You can't have everything, even in MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY China.

Regardless of how much you spend, something is going to have the lowest investment. Disney doesn't automatically shoot for the best, most advanced system every time, they look at what's best for their park and what can carry out their story. The Winnie the Pooh ride at Shanghai might not have the crazy-awesome trackless system that Tokyo has, but if it tells the same story and is at the same level of show quality, it's still a win and will still be well-received by guests.

Sometimes, you need to keep it simple.

It could also be a case of them keeping it as the original version if they are planning new trackless ride in a future expansion e.g. Mystic Manor. I'm sure no-one here would complain if both trackless rides showed up but if the expansion is close enough to Pooh, maybe they wanted them different enough in systems to not look too similar in the GP's eyes.

It is definitely not trackless. The boxes in the center are covering the bus bar for the ride.

Well, the vehicle itself may prove to be something, with it's own motion base, etc. Maybe?

Oooo the "Next Generation" of single, motion base vehicles!

hkdl-event-disney-chinese-new-year-event.JPG.716b9a59cd4947c4b1ea4e88e2440f0b.JPG

Happy New Year ShDL! This is your year! (Pin is from HKDL.)

Edited by Nrthwnd

^ & ^^ I think having more of Tangled and less of Frozen (gasp), is a nice change.

Ooo. Ooo. Could this be the Snugly Duckling Tavern?

(Although Frozen is getting an entire theatre and production of it's own...)

1405921426_Capturedrsquoeacutecran2015-11-26agrave19_43_31.pngoriginal.png.c444dbce2b4bb59065c3dc3ff41af754.png

Upper left corner ~ that will be where the FROZEN Show is.

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled across this piece when making the rounds today. Is there any validity to it? It reeks of the kind of rumor that you just pass by without reading, but it would be pretty unfortunate (in my opinion) if it were true.

wdwnt.com/blog/2016/02/breaking-shanghai-disney-puts-financial-strangle-hold-on-domestic-disney-parks/

Shanghai Disneyland is behind schedule and over budget, so Disney Parks will be looking to shave some money off their operational budget by cutting labor hours [and some entertainment options] at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

Considering that the Dream Along With Mickey show at Magic Kingdom is being replaced instead of removed, I'm certainly skeptical, but I would definitely feel bad for the "little people" that work for the other parks if they were being directly affected by the Shanghai resort's apparent development troubles.

Stumbled across this piece when making the rounds today. Is there any validity to it? It reeks of the kind of rumor that you just pass by without reading, but it would be pretty unfortunate (in my opinion) if it were true.

wdwnt.com/blog/2016/02/breaking-shanghai-disney-puts-financial-strangle-hold-on-domestic-disney-parks/

Shanghai Disneyland is behind schedule and over budget, so Disney Parks will be looking to shave some money off their operational budget by cutting labor hours [and some entertainment options] at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

If you pay attention to the company, you will notice a string of cutbacks happening, most visibly from entertainment. Cutbacks happen when money is being drained. And Shanghai is coming into the home stretch, sucking money fast to finish the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, one hopes the diverging of more funds to the Shanghai park, will eventually slow down,

once ShDL opens. I believe this happened similarly with Disney Paris when it was getting

'down to the wire,' etc. And during it's first 10 years, they took future funds from the Studios,

and we all know how that ended up, when WDS first opened.