TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

How long does the line for Verbolten tend to be on average during Christmastown? It seems like the event is mostly geared towards families with very young kids so I'm wondering if the line isn't too much worse than during the normal season. It'd be awesome if they ran Alpengeist simply because of the theming, but I wouldn't mind settling for a few laps on Verbolten (a ride I actually enjoy more). Great reports, the lighting display looks beautiful!

How long does the line for Verbolten tend to be on average during Christmastown? It seems like the event is mostly geared towards families with very young kids so I'm wondering if the line isn't too much worse than during the normal season. It'd be awesome if they ran Alpengeist simply because of the theming, but I wouldn't mind settling for a few laps on Verbolten (a ride I actually enjoy more). Great reports, the lighting display looks beautiful!

When I was there last Friday night, the line was barely out of the station; then again, the temp was 39 degrees F.

Edited by cfc

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/22/busch-gardens-christmastown-traffic/

I guess they are having very large crowds! Had to close the park due to capacity. Can't even imagine how awful traffic was and how it was effected on the highway. I feel bad for people who weren't going to the park but still stuck in traffic.

• 1 month later...

It looks like they're actually attempting a teaser campaign after the embarrassment of Tempesto. Good for them though, I'm already interested! I feel like they have met their quota of adult steel coasters. I'm going to cross my fingers for a custom wood RMC similar to Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, or Wildfire!!

I'm assuming it's a coaster based off one person saying "the drop will go over here" in the video.

So why hasn't BGW gotten a wood coaster in the past? Noise? Cause I'm pretty sure an RMC woodie is quieter than Alpengeist! I wonder if they would choose and RMC over GCI or GG? I know Gwazi wasn't a huge success at their sister park, I wonder if that has an impact?

The past knock of a woodie at BGW was that they make too much noise for the Kingsmill residents. RMC's are considerably quieter, so yes this could be a very real possibility.

^That was a scale ruler off to the right of the desk.

I think the hammer is a big clue. No one touched it, and no one made any indication of it what so ever. If we were to believe it was steel. That hammer would have been a rachet set.

The hammer can be used as a nutcracker. They are adding a Nutcracker Show to the Christmas event.

I think the hammer is a big clue. No one touched it, and no one made any indication of it what so ever. If we were to believe it was steel. That hammer would have been a rachet set.

I'm fairly sure I got it. Obviously it will be a German Hammer Juggling show. Considering BGW already has a German section, it makes perfect sense to add the show there.