TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Aside from having to close down so much of the park to run the fireworks when they do, Hollywood Studios has had some really great fireworks shows, and this one looks like it is no exception!

Isn't much of the park always closed down anyway? The fireworks looked great! I really like them there because it looks really cool with the Chinese Theater.

• 2 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/01/experience-lights-motors-action-extreme-stunt-show-one-more-time-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

As many of you know, our historic expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will bring new, spectacular experiences to the park, including entire lands inspired by the blockbuster Star Wars and Toy Story films.

Recently, we shared that the park’s Star Wars-themed land will transport guests to a never-before-seen planet with new experiences that’ll include a customized secret mission on the Millennium Falcon and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts everyone in the middle of a climactic battle.

And in Toy Story Land, Andy’s backyard will come to life and the famous little green aliens from the movie will take you for a spin in their very own flying saucers. A family-friendly roller coaster will also have you riding on the back of Slinky Dog.

lcoie3841.jpg.b79ad60f7c793b9b8eb684d643d8ad45.jpg

In order to bring our new lands to life, the first steps of the expansion will be happening soon. We wanted to let you know that Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and nearby locations around Streets of America will be closing on April 2, 2016. The Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction will continue its daily shows until the closing date.

While the new areas of the park come to life, we’ll continue bringing new things to Disney’s Hollywood Studios such as the recent opening of Star Wars Launch Bay, the nighttime spectacular “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” and Sunset Showcase.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on our largest-ever expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – we’ll have more information to share with you soon.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-lights-motors-action-disney-closing-20160115-story.html

The "Earffel Tower" landmark will come down at Disney's Hollywood Studios soon, and the theme park will close several attractions April 2.

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show; Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure; a Monsters Inc. meet-and-greet, and the Studio Catering Co. restaurant will all close as part of a makeover. The theme park – which is also slated to get a new name - is adding two new lands, one themed on Star Wars and another on Toy Story. It has recently added a couple new attractions based on the space saga, including Star Wars Launch Bay and a new fireworks show.

No date was given for the Earffel Tower removal. The structure, 130 feet tall with a 32,000-pound set of mouse ears, has been at Disney's Hollywood Studios since it opened. It does not hold water but was inspired by the working water tower in Burbank, Calif., a landmark at the Disney Studios since 1939.

The 40-minute Lights, Motors, Action! show features stunt cars performing high-speed chases and performers falling five stories. The stunts are played back on a massive video screen to demonstrate how movie chase scenes are made through film editing and camera angles.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a giant playground that gives kids the illusion that they are the size of bugs. They can climb on a giant spider web and crawl through tunnels.

Also at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights on the Streets of America recently ended to make way for the new lands. Other closings have included the Studio Backlot Tour and American Idol Experience. The giant sorcerer's hat at the center of the park also came down last year.

Hollywood Studios has also recently added a Frozen sing-along, which replaced American Idol, and Sunset Showcase, a special event venue.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I thought the show was already closed. Why wait, just tear it all down now. We want Toy Story land sooner.

Yes we do! We want Toy Story Land first not Star Wars Land!

To me the stunt show is always something as well as ToT that I have related to the studios so in that sense its a shame its going, however in the name of progress and Slinky Dog I am glad its going.

I actually liked the stunt show but getting the two new lands is a good trade. I did get a chance to see the Star Wars fireworks and it was really good. I heard a rumor that they may add some video overlays to the show like how they do for Disneyland Forever at Disneyland.

I didn't mind the stunt show, but I agree it was a once and done. It's really impressive the first time you see it, but not worth all the hassle to sea it again. However, the show that really needs a change/overhaul is Indy. It's probably been almost 10 years since I saw that.

Yeah, the stunt show was fun for one viewing. After that, meh. It's time for it to go.

dt

Agreed. I hated that the show had pauses for them to set stuff up. Would have been much better as a typical show and not a "behind the scenes" type of thing.

With all of the health and safety laws/rules/regulations we have the show could never be as fast paced as it really needed to be. Even the Paris version is better. Nothing holds a candle to the Italian car stunt show at Mirabilandia though!

12510499_10153906866417244_5375336048607838652_n.thumb.jpg.35e6b4cece15af006eab6aab80581b4c.jpg

Yay for lax health and safety rules!

Edited by SharkTums

I'm guessing the Toy Story land will be the same as DL Paris?

A lot different by art that's been released so far, which is probably for the best, I've heard lines can be horrendous in Paris and though it seemed to work well and not get too crowded in Hong Kong, when we visited the parachute ride (along with autopia) had a 1 hour line when even Space Mountain and Grizzly were only 10-15 on standby and I'm guessing they need higher capacity for Hollywood Studios than both of those parks.

With all of the health and safety laws/rules/regulations we have the show could never be as fast paced as it really needed to be. Even the Paris version is better. Nothing holds a candle to the Italian car stunt show at Mirabilandia though!

This is so true! I remember watching that show with you guys in it thinking "well how do I explain this to KT if something happens". Then also being pretty jealous of your near death experience.

Its not often you hear anyone say Paris has the better version of a Disney something!

But disappointed with the timing of it closing as I think my four year old would have loved it but we're not going until May

To be honest there is so much else to do in the parks that even with the absence of the stunt show it's still going to be overwhelming for a four year old as it is.

You're aware of what psychotic crap they're doing now, right?

Fast forward to 5:20.

Of course, they're not always successful...

Its not often you hear anyone say Paris has the better version of a Disney something!

Pirates. Phantom Manor. Big Thunder. Rock N' Rollercoaster. Star Tours (unfortunately not much longer). Casey Jr.

Disney Paris has some truly standout attractions among the chain, the problem lies in the operations and customer service.