TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Memorial Day...I don't see how that's possible. Yes, the construction is going fast, but doesn't it require like two weeks of testing once the course is finished?

As par my knowledge of testing etc as of working at GADV during the 05 season. They are required 100 hours of testing to give GADV the green certificate of operations for the ride. 100 hours broken down by 8+ hour days should be able to be done just as fast as SUF was done, Ka took longer due to tweaking the motors and accumulators for the launch.

I Grabbed a few more pics of El Toro at the Park Yesterday.

DSC00368.jpg.f8fc06ab4e5d910e7afd7728feb80ce2.jpg

Look at the hills in the foreground. These are the "Back" hills. The one on the right is gonna be SICK! Plus, both tracks are so intertwined with the structure! Headchoppers Galore!

DSC00405.jpg.63f7d1dfebcc21a97d9a232d1cd7b46b.jpg

Ok, Not El Toro - But I had to grab a pic of this! Apparently someone DID go to the Holy Land Experience!

DSC00388.jpg.4e4c2e30a22f07956d2fe61bcea3b3ad.jpg

Tough Day Putting together a Roller Coaster? Relax with a Lucky Stike!

DSC00371.jpg.0e6173869105936d7ff6dac660aaf233.jpg

Hill #2 - You can tell it is not a perfect parabola. You know what that means! AIRTIME!

DSC00366.jpg.4f160e679f9f02faab39d3835a972369.jpg

You can make out the Mounts for the Track here at the top of the turnaround. The Banking looks insane!

^LOL, that last picture explains a LOT! I bet if you could take pictures in the winter time, you'd see the construction workers building snowmen, making snow angels, sledding, and having snowball fights. Guess he just couldn't pass up the nice sunshine.

While El Toro is looking quite amazing, I can tell you from my rides on Colossos that in some ways it is probably looking better than it will perform. The beginning of El Toro is essentially the same sequence as Colossos. The first drop doesn't have the profile to do much as far as airtime goes. The second and third hill is really where the stellar action will be. On Colossos those hills exceed the airtime power of Shivering Timbers (although the restraints are more limiting). The turnaround and the following hills don't do much of anything.

I think the X factor is the curvy ending which doesn't appear to be built yet. Colossos has three solid bunny hills at the end. El Toro won't have that. I think El Toro will be a very good ride but I'm not getting my hopes up for a top ten ride.

you dont know how well El Toro rides untill you ride it. how do you know the designers didnt improve or tweak certain things that would make it differ from collosus? the GP is gonna love it, the drop will freak alot of people out and add some awesome anticipation while your inline for it. kinda like Shiekra! it may also deceive alot people with its smoothness.

why can't some people just be excited for new coasters without the " i dont think its gonna be great" routine? its sad.

you dont know how well El Toro rides untill you ride it. how do you know the designers didnt improve or tweak certain things that would make it differ from collosus? the GP is gonna love it, the drop will freak alot of people out and add some awesome anticipation while your inline for it. kinda like Shiekra! it may also deceive alot people with its smoothness.

why can't some people just be excited for new coasters without the " i dont think its gonna be great" routine? its sad.

With these "plug and plays" they are much easier to predict than a Gravity Group or GCI coaster. I hope they made some changes but what I see looks exactly the same as Colossos, off the shelf elements at the beginning of the ride.

It's interesting how I shouldn't be a little skeptical but it's fine to assume that the "GP is gonna love it". Likely everyone will enjoy it including me. I am excited about it but I'm not expecting a top 10 ride. I find it interesting to talk about the details and potential of rides, especially before the season hits full stride.

I just headed to the park yesterday and it look's amazing!!! I can't wait for it to open at the end of May?? lol I'm excited that another rollercoaster is being built...That means there are three rollercoasters that are atleast 180 feet tall! Its so funny though of how you see all the past three rollercoasters right ontop of eachother practically, SUF, KK, and now El Toro!!

^ Actually, Superman and Kingda Ka were built in the normal inverval between coasters. Basically every two years at SFGAd.

1997- Batman & Robin: The Chiller

1999- Medusa

2001- Nitro

2003- Superman: Ultimate Flight

2005- Kingda Ka

2006- El Toro

Kingda Ka and El Toro were the only recent coasters that were build in consecutive years, but El Toro is probably for the 45th anniversary of SFGAd.