TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

Although they're slow to load, don't forget they also normally have dual station loading so get through a queue faster than a lot of coasters.

I was just thinking that Hollywood Dream has both a dual loading station and a MCBR to increase capacity as well as being faster to load than a flyer and that still had long lines. It'll be interesting to see how this does on opening for lines. I've heard of 6 hours for backdrop when it opened and HP still has 3-4 hours. Has there ever been a world record for longest line recorded?

Wow, blimey, such a busy park! I've never been, and didn't realise Hollywood Dream had a dual loading station. It will still have a high capacity, I think the difference will hopefully be marginal but it will be hard to tell because obviously as the new ride (and such a well-known theme too) it is bound to be really busy! What is the hourly capacity of the Harry Potter rides do you know?

Although they're slow to load, don't forget they also normally have dual station loading so get through a queue faster than a lot of coasters.

I was just thinking that Hollywood Dream has both a dual loading station and a MCBR to increase capacity as well as being faster to load than a flyer and that still had long lines. It'll be interesting to see how this does on opening for lines. I've heard of 6 hours for backdrop when it opened and HP still has 3-4 hours. Has there ever been a world record for longest line recorded?

I know Top Thrill had lines in excess of 12 hours when it first opened. CP crews were up until 3 in the morning clearing out the line.

Was thinking of going out mid-end of February but just noticed the rehab list to coincide with when I go: http://www.usj.co.jp/e/attraction/#rehab

No Hollywood Dream, Jurassic Park and Space Fantasy, the 4D cinema is down or it could just be with just different movies with the Genesis/Titan thingy. I normally skip it since I've seen them before but I've never seen the overlays. Are HP fans still crowding the park? Plus no roller-coasters and the titan/genesis thing they do I'm thinking might be quite crowed....maybe I should just hold off for a while and postpone when the flying roller-coaster is open.

It looks like Space Fantasy WILL be open, but it'll have a VR experience going on:

http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-cool-japan2016/

45270075_ScreenShot2016-01-08at3_08_58PM.thumb.png.545ef61f145fe6d974f3c04aa0651078.png

And yes, it looks like the 4D cinemas are going to be showing the Evangelion and Attack on Titan experiences again.

^While I'm sure that this will be one of the better VR experiences out there, Space Fantasy is already amazing enough on its own that it is a shame that they feel like there would be value added (even for a limited time) to prevent guests from seeing everything already built into the attraction with their own eyes as opposed to presenting a totally virtually world around them.

Was thinking of going out mid-end of February but just noticed the rehab list to coincide with when I go: http://www.usj.co.jp/e/attraction/#rehab

No Hollywood Dream, Jurassic Park and Space Fantasy, the 4D cinema is down or it could just be with just different movies with the Genesis/Titan thingy. I normally skip it since I've seen them before but I've never seen the overlays. Are HP fans still crowding the park? Plus no roller-coasters and the titan/genesis thing they do I'm thinking might be quite crowed....maybe I should just hold off for a while and postpone when the flying roller-coaster is open.

It looks like Space Fantasy WILL be open, but it'll have a VR experience going on:

http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-cool-japan2016/

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 3.08.58 PM.png[/attachment]

And yes, it looks like the 4D cinemas are going to be showing the Evangelion and Attack on Titan experiences again.

Thanks, even though Universal is only a 2 hour plane ride away I try to time my trips carefully. Decided I may skip this year and wait for flying coaster in the end. Personally for me USJ can be quite hard to avoid the crowds if you get an unlucky day especially since the Japanese visitors can book express passes in advance but you can't from the English sites. Especially now Potterland is open, they can be gone even before opening (on our last trip one of our group made us quite late), I know my co-teachers use Korean tour sites (who go through the Japanese site) to book them the express in advance.

I asked a co-worker who knows some Japanese to look on the site for me and most of the express passes were for HP + the 4 cool japan attractions. There was a regular 6 pass after a bit more looking but they were only booking until end of Jan, seems the HP little coaster has been removed so perhaps that will no longer be fastpass for Flying Dinosaur to take the 7th ticket.

I would be interested in trying the VR on Space fantasy, but I am also wanting to NOT

wear the VR, so I can enjoy the attraction as it is. Which is awesome on it's own!

Hopefully, this option will be offered when it starts up?

C12_TheEntranceArch_UniversalOsaka.jpg.44191e54257650cd524ab03fd14a5fd2.jpg

Before we "Space Fantasy-ed" w/o VR. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

^ I could be wrong but Space Fantasy is listed on the rehab list during the Cool Japan event with pretty much the exact same dates as Shrek and Sesame Street while the other 3D movies play so I'm kind of assuming that it is VR only during the event.

I think it's pretty impressive that once work is done on the coaster in a particular area, they've already taken steps to reopen / reintegrate that section into the park, rather than just keep it walled off until the whole thing is done. Helps build the anticipation!

This thing is looking great, I'd love to see something similar shoehorned into the Jurassic park section in Orlando.

Err, with Manta being like 5-10 minutes away, I'd prefer a different type of coaster.

With manta being 5-10 minutes away I'd prefer a dinosaur themed flyer with a wicked cool custom layout, but make it a wing coaster, ya happy now?

This thing is looking great, I'd love to see something similar shoehorned into the Jurassic park section in Orlando.

Err, with Manta being like 5-10 minutes away, I'd prefer a different type of coaster.

With manta being 5-10 minutes away I'd prefer a dinosaur themed flyer with a wicked cool custom layout, but make it a wing coaster, ya happy now?

We'd then almost have every kind of B&M in Florida! Just not a stand-up and I don't foresee one coming anytime soon

Love the pretzel loop around the Jurassic Park gate, must look brilliant from the other side!

I hadn't even noticed that! This ride really is looking great (the layout itself and the whole area)

^ I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any shots from the Ferris Wheel across the bay, it's not exactly close but I remember you could see Universal from it. I'm sure you could get a half decent picture of the area with a nice zoom lens.

^ Well, now you've suggested it!

And by the way - as someone(s) just noticed, the flyer might go around the Jurassic Gate.

Does that mean the flyer goes under the entry bridge too? Or is the angle of it different?

That - would - be - awesome! If true. I hope.