TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

On-ride audio was at one point rumored for Mako, so it could be something as simple as that.

They have a Mako preview set up in the Sharks exhibit and the video playing there has some really cool music that certainly sounds like it was produced specifically for the video for this attraction. I know nothing about that industry and how stuff like that gets produced (or how much it cost) but I wouldn't be surprised if that audio were used on the ride as well.

I thought on-board audio was already announced when they announced the ride.

From the press-release:

"Sound system: A 48,000-watt, intelligent surround-sound system envelops the realm. Sounds follow the coaster trains as they dive through and around the area … and just over guests’ heads."

Sounds to me like there will be speakers on paths around the coaster track that line up music with dispatched trains.

On-ride audio was at one point rumored for Mako, so it could be something as simple as that.

They have a Mako preview set up in the Sharks exhibit and the video playing there has some really cool music that certainly sounds like it was produced specifically for the video for this attraction. I know nothing about that industry and how stuff like that gets produced (or how much it cost) but I wouldn't be surprised if that audio were used on the ride as well.

Can you provide a video?

Driving down I-4 this morning, it was great to see Mako topped off. It has a little bit of extra height over Kraken's lift hill but the two of them right next to each other (and with Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica in view) draws your attention towards SeaWorld when driving, which I'm sure was very much a part of their intention with the ride's design choice.

Mako has been topped off! At 200 feet tall, Mako will be the tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster in Orlando when it opens in 2016!

thumb_20160106_makotopout_064.jpg

This. Photo. Is. Beautiful.

I absolutely love this coaster already. Can't wait to ride it!!

I'm really liking the look of this coaster so far, along with the color scheme. I think it's a really nice addition. If I remember correctly, Manta's soft opening was very early May (like first week of may), so I'd say that guess is accurate. Just happy to see more coasters in the Orlando area!

I don't know how those guys can work that high.

Same here. I got stressed out just watching the video, I can not imagine what it is like to actually dangle off the track 200 ft above the ground with a few straps holding me up. No thank you. But glad they have the ability to do it so we can enjoy awesome coasters!!