Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:03 pm

^ Are they definitely fastpass for the ride or timed entry's to control how many people go into the HP area? I know USJ makes people get timed entry tickets if they haven't got a 5 or 7 pass and didn't USO also give timed tickets at one point?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:59 am

Yes, you are correct. Universal Orlando did have return time tickets and I don't see why this wont either . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 pm

Makes perfect sense to me to have those. Size wise, how does it compare to the original one in IOA?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:54 pm

^^Universal Orlando still uses return time ticketing during peak periods for both parks' Wizarding World areas. When the lands each first opened return time tickets were more common but after the initial rush died down each time, the system was used sparingly depending on the expected crowds. I'd imagine Hollywood will follow this example moving forward.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:19 pm

jray21 wrote:Makes perfect sense to me to have those. Size wise, how does it compare to the original one in IOA?

Based on the virtual tour available, it looks like it's almost identical...minus Dueling Dragons of course.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Universal Studios Hollywood just became the first major park in North America to implement dynamic pricing on single day tickets.

https://store.universalstudioshollywood.com/PurchaseTickets.aspx
dynamicpricing.jpg

Right now it's limited to purchases online. At the gate price is $95.

1-Day tickets range from $80 to $90 if you select a date you intend on visiting. $95 for a 1-day ticket valid for any date through 12/31/2016.

A ticket for grand opening of the Wizarding World is $90; $199 with a Front of Line Pass.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:40 pm.
Apollos Chariot #1!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:31 pm

^ disney should take note
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:38 pm

It will certainly be interesting how dynamic pricing pans out for them and the industry. I've been waiting for awhile for this to happen in the US in this manner.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Funny. Caesars introduced dynamic pricing and it ended in them declaring bankruptcy because they got too greedy.

Universal is owned by Comcast. Not surprised at all by this.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Like myself, for those who don't know what this is...

Dynamic pricing, also called real-time pricing, is an approach to setting the cost for a product or service that is highly flexible. The goal of dynamic pricing is to allow a company that sells goods or services over the Internet to adjust prices on the fly in response to market demands.

Changes are controlled by pricing bots, which are software agents that gather data and use algorithms to adjust pricing according to business rules. Typically, the business rules take into account such things as the customer's location, the time of day, the day of the week, the level of demand and competitors' pricing. With the advent of big data and big data analytics, however, business rules for price adjustments can be made more granular. By collecting and analyzing data about a particular customer, a vendor can more accurately predict what price the customer is willing to pay and adjust prices accordingly.

Dynamic pricing is legal, and the general public has learned to accept dynamic pricing when purchasing airline tickets or reserving hotel rooms online. The approach, which is sometimes marketed as a personalization service, has been less successful with online retail vendors. Dynamic pricing can be contrasted with fixed pricing, an approach to setting the selling price for a product or service that does not fluctuate.

Just so others like me, know what this is all about. :smile:

EDIT TO ADD: After reading through this explanation, I realized I do indeed understand (somewhat) this pricing system.
I just didn't know what they actually called it. Took a while, but I understand.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:38 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!