Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 327: Villains After Hours trip report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:42 am

Well according to a couple of sources, not everybody will be sent to the metal detectors. Apparently guests will be selected "at random" for the additional screening. So get ready for the real pain - listening to the whining and seeing the grievance industry running to anyone who instantly thinks they're now a victim of racism, profiling and whatever else for being among those selected.
Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:25 am.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:47 am

It is a sad reality, but like with the increased security at airports post-9/11, it is an added precaution that can only help, not hurt. It may be viewed as a nuisance to some, but safety is the first priority for all of these parks, so it makes total sense to move in this direction if other major tourist destinations are doing the same.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:48 am

I was actually at the park last night. We did the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party and we got there right around when everyone else was. And from what i saw, it was mainly people who brought bags to the park that were going through the metal detectors. And it was going pretty smoothly as well. Didnt seem like a lot of people were complaining about it either.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:25 am

Also, the banning of toy gun sales? Incredibly dumb. Beyond dumb. The contradictions to that are already everywhere. Kids can ride Astro Blasters/Space Ranger Spin but now can't buy the little toy gun blaster when they get off the ride because... that'll turn them into the next mass shooter? We can't have the little toy guns but toy light sabers are cool, toy swords, toy ball & chains, other forms of toy weaponry are great right? Are they next to be banned because we're now buying this insane logic? Ughh. This is the kind of thing that makes me hate humanity. :roll:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:19 pm

^If they pull all this themed shooting stuff of the shelves, I'll bet the already owned, unopened ones
will suddenly (pardon) "shoot" up in value for collectors, yes? No?

(Wishing I'd bought an Astro Blaster in DisneyParis, back in Sept.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:11 pm

We went to the Studios this past weekend and I noticed the metal detectors. They didn't seem to be causing any problems at all (I wasn't asked to go through them.)

As far as toy gun sales, I don't recall ever seeing any toy guns in the first place. Like ever.

All and all, it was a nice visit. We went with some friends to see the Osborne Family Lights with some friends since it is the last season for them. The place was PACKED, but we still enjoyed ourselves and got to check out the Star Wars Launch Bay, which was cool.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Good to hear that even when the park was packed, the metal detectors didn't seem to be a big nuisance.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

They aren't going to be a nuisance as it's a "random" additional screening. If/When they start doing 100% screening then we might have an issue. ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Last week when I visited my sister she said they expected to close the doors by 2pm. Saw on twitter today that they hit full capacity by 10am. Can't even imagine what that is like. Traffic must of been hell. Then saw that around 3pm the attendance fell a little so the park opened back up to the public. They were in "Phase A."
image.jpg
image.jpg
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:48 am

Happy New Year everyone!

Here are the Magic Kingdom fireworks as seen from the Polynesian Resort. This is one of my favorite places to watch the NYE fireworks at Walt Disney World since this one of the few times of the year they not only light off fireworks from behind the castle, but also from the islands in the lagoon. When you're in the park it feels like there are fireworks literally all around you, because there are, but from this view, you get this amazing display of fireworks and their reflection on the lake! AND... you're not dealing with the THOUSANDS of people inside the park!

PRO TIP! Walt Disney World also does their NYE fireworks on December 30th (which is when we shot this) for a couple of reasons - for one it gives them a dress rehearsal for the NYE fireworks the next night, and also since there are just so many people on property over the holidays, it gives even more people a chance to see the show. So technically, New Years Eve happens at Magic Kingdom TWO nights in a row!

Enjoy the show....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!