TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

That's awesome, I'm going Friday and can't wait. Do you happen to remember how ling the Seven Dwarves Mine Train line was throghout the night?

It was the longest line but only about 30-40 minutes.

Yeah, that's about how it was last year I think. I guess I can suck it up and bite the bullit for a 30 minutes wait for one attraction, but if lines at this even start getting higher than 10 minutes on a regular basis I might have to take to social media and complain!

^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

That's awesome, I'm going Friday and can't wait. Do you happen to remember how ling the Seven Dwarves Mine Train line was throghout the night?

We went on a Friday and a Sunday so far this year and even though both days were not sold out, Friday seemed MUCH more crowded than last night. Last night was super dead, and for such amazing weather I was really shocked!

Alright, you got Nozzy as the construction worker. Where's the cop, the sailor, the native american, the biker, and the cowboy?

That was the FIRST thing I said when I saw him! "Hey, you're the Village People...or... person..."

"Come on, kiddies! Take some candy from the nice man!"

CQhKGoQWwAAeOZq.jpg

"Don't let the fact that his face is lit from below, as though he were burning in the Fires of Hell, disturb you."

I think that those prices are quite reasonable considering what you are getting.

A couple of questions...

Being that we will be moving to Tampa in the next 7-9 weeks (could be longer), would we still be able to get FL resident discounts on 2016 passes say, if we didn't permanently reside in FL until January of 2016? Would you have to be a resident for 1+ year in order for the "resident" to apply to these types of discounts?

Or do the FL resident rules/discounts vary based on the park?

Just hoping that someone might know off-hand versus doing a bunch of digging.

Here's the info regarding Disney

Florida Resident Tickets:

Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each ticket purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

•Valid Florida driver's license

•Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)

•Valid Florida-based military ID

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult you must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months and evidencing a Florida residential address (not a PO Box) together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

•Monthly mortgage statement

•Florida vehicle registration or title

•Homeowner's insurance policy or bill

•Automobile insurance policy or bill

•Utility bill

•Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statement

•Mail from a federal, state, county or city government agency

The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. A print of an electronic bill of the type described above is acceptable. Photocopies and fax copies of bills are not acceptable.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

Here's a clip from Universal's Website

Proof of Florida Residency

Each guest must present a valid Florida ID per ticket purchased.

Please provide one of the following:•Florida Driver's License

•Florida State-issued ID card (must have Florida address)

•Florida voter's registration card with corresponding photo ID

•College ID from a Florida college or university with corresponding photo ID

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Florida-Resident-Tickets.aspx

Last but not least, SeaWorld/Busch Gardens

Proof of a Florida residential address (non-PO box) is required at time of ticket pick up (Valid Florida driver's license or valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address).

It's hidden in the fine print under offer details here:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/annualpasses/

So Disney seems to have the most relaxed policy, not requiring a FL ID, but still something that proves you actually live in the state. What's really nice about the FL Resident policies across the board is that all three have a monthly payment plan that helps spread out the cost over the year.

But to answer your original questions; nope, don't need to live here for more than a year, and the policies do vary between companies.

Thank you so much, Brian!

• 1 month later...
BREAKING: Monorail Coral suffers damage in accident at Walt Disney World

Monorail Coral has been involved in a monorail accident at Walt Disney World. The accident happened on the express loop between the TTC and the Contemporary Resort. No guests were on board at the time.

The train collided with the work tug at a high enough speed to cause considerable damage to the nose cone. The glass from the pilot compartment was knocked out and damage to the fiberglass can be seen.

The good news is that no guests were on board. We haven’t heard if the pilot was injured, or even on board. We also don’t know the status of the tug pilot. It’s possible the tug was towing the unit at the time.

Update: Disney confirms the Monorail was being towed when it somehow became separated from the tug. It’s not yet sure why there was an error. No injuries are reported.

Other Disney sites are reporting that this train was part of a test of the Train Control System (TCS). The TCS will automate the monorails making them essentially driver-less similar to other regional transportation systems.

As a result of the accident, traffic is shut down on World Drive and pedestrians are being kept away from the area.

Full Article

Stock picture looks to be used in the article above. Monorail Coral was the train involved in the incident however there were no guests aboard as this train is part of the resort's TCS (Train Control System) test.

CUH48yYUYAAAvIi.jpg:large

CUH5Ep1XIAEX0aR.jpg:large

Source

• 3 weeks later...

This is kind of Off Topic. I was at Disney last week, and had a great time. The one thing it did is wanting me to know more. Can any one point me in the right Direction of Videos that show behind the sense of things like the parks, behind the magic, how the all the Transposition works, and how some of the rides work, and Even the Magic bands. I would love to see a video on how Tower of terror works. Thank for your time

There was a story last week about police arresting a man who attempted to bring a gun into the parks, I kind of figured it was only a matter of time before additional security measures popped up given the current state of the world.

It's still trash though. Anyone who thinks this makes them "safer" is probably so stupid, they need to actively think about breathing to keep doing it.

There was a story last week about police arresting a man who attempted to bring a gun into the parks, I kind of figured it was only a matter of time before additional security measures popped up given the current state of the world.

It's still trash though. Anyone who thinks this makes them "safer" is probably so stupid, they need to actively think about breathing to keep doing it.

I mean come one, metal detectors compared to no metal detectors has to be a little bit "safer"...... Might not prevent a pre-meditated attack but it might prevent some knucklehead who forgot to leave his concealed weapon in the car.

I mean come one, metal detectors compared to no metal detectors has to be a little bit "safer"...... Might not prevent a pre-meditated attack but it might prevent some knucklehead who forgot to leave his concealed weapon in the car.

Yeah, they might leave their gun in a locker or something. Oooh, I'm terrified.

I think the metal detectors were only a matter of time in the world we live in today. They probably were planned long before the attack in California last month. They won't stop any premeditated attack but will help keep people from pulling a gun or knife if they get into an altercation.