TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The trains for El Toro could be seen today in the parking lot by Kingda Ka during Ka's return from the brakes. Yes, the trains do look different, almost like a mix of GCI and Gerstlauer meet Intamin. I don't think it will hinder the ride at all though, sure is better than throwing the OTSRs on it!

The park's weekly update was actually not so informative. It was two pics, one just of the drop, and the other was over a week old.

Today's weather sucked, and the park ended up closing early. I don't think we will see many Photos from today. Tomorrow should be a little better and hopefully some people will have their cameras.

I probably won't get back to the park until next weekend.

Wow progress for a pack n play woodie is slow! I know that there is only one construction road to get to the El Toro site in order to get pieces in and out and thats why its taking so long. I mean you have coasters on one side, and a lake on the other! Hopefully its open in August when I go....

Colin C

Look at the difference between GA's picture and the picture I took a week ago:

That doesn't look too slow to me. Did they start later than we all desired, yes. But that does not make it slow. Also, it'll be open in August. They're confident about Memorial Day (official, unnofficial word).

I didn't use my good camera, but I took a few pics in the Rain today.

Progress is REALLY moving along now! The turnaround has been almost completed and a lot more track has been installed.

Towering over the Golden Kingdom

Lots of work has been done this week. And they were out there today, in the rain on a holiday!

More El Toro

Also, Six Flags posted an official update today:

Hairpin turn

Worker on First Drop

Looking down at First Drop

April 14, 2006 The iron workers completed the installation of the structural steel bridge cross-over section that will support the track that sends riders over the Rolling Thunder drop. Carpenders pre-fabricated the two bridge sections that extend between column lines 176 - 179 over the guest walkway that leads to and from the Lahaway creek bridge near Medusa. Final bent fabrication and installation for the super elevated hairpin turn will be complete by the end of the week. Millright mechanics complete the installation of drive systems both in the station and on the lift.

Excavation for Tango will begin tomorrow.

Al Rubano, Director of Construction