SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I thought the announcement for Mako and Cobra's Curse went okay earlier this summer, but yeah some of the other have been a bit strange. I'm wouldn't be surprised to see some joint marketing promoting 2 park annual passes locally for the 2 attractions. It always amazes me how many non-theme park people I know in Florida (and from other places) don't realize SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are owned by the same company considering how great of a value a 2 park pass is compared to the other options in town. Then again maybe the folks at SW/BGT like keeping that below the radar for some reason.

I agree that the Cobra's Curse/Mako announcements were OK; at least, they had a firmer grasp on what they were actually announcing. ;)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Yesterday SeaWorld Orlando hosted Theme Park Review for a media preview of the first night of their annual SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration event. Returning this year were the popular Winter Wonderland on Ice and O Wondrous Night shows, along with The Polar Express overlay for the Wild Arctic simulator ride. The park has been fully dressed in holiday lights and decor, and pop-up entertainment offerings help to change the park's normal atmosphere to fit the spirit of the season. The Christmas Village has also returned to offer a great corridor for holiday food and beverages for guests to enjoy during their holiday visit.

SeaWorld continues to do an incredible job in making the holiday season their own, and this year's event once again exemplifies the calibre of entertainment and decor that SeaWorld has long been known for many years. Next year will see the introduction of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the affiliated characters from the classic stop-motion animation TV special throughout SeaWorld Parks & Resort parks, so it can be expected that next year's Christmas Celebration will feature this property in unique ways... But with so many great things to enjoy this year, there's a lot to look forward to with this added property in SeaWorld's arsenal!
DSC06813.JPG
SeaWorld welcomed us with an animal ambassador...
DSC06821.JPG
Over at The Polar Express, we were entertained by the Conductors, singing a cappella renditions of classic holiday songs.
DSC06830.JPG
The Polar Express is a wonderful overlay of the Wild Arctic simulator and a great overview of the film, both for fans and first-timers.
DSC06833.JPG
The entire Wild Arctic queue and loading station experience is updated to immerse guests in the story of The Polar Express.
DSC06835.JPG
This way to the North Pole!
DSC06840.JPG
Base Station Wild Arctic looks very different...
DSC06844.JPG
Guests exit The Polar Express in Santa Town, and fortunately its most famous resident is present to meet guests in person!
DSC06849.JPG
Throughout the park, wonderful holiday lighting has been added to give the park a special nighttime glow.
DSC06851.JPG
Looks so nice!
DSC06853.JPG
Shamu's Happy Harbor has been given unique holiday lighting for the Christmas Celebration.
DSC06856.JPG
The newest addition to SeaWorld Orlando, Mama's Pretzel Kitchen has received some holiday lighting as well...
IMG_3696.JPG
Nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a unique pretzel from Mama's Pretzel Kitchen.
DSC06860.JPG
The park really looks incredible when lit up at night.
DSC06863.JPG
Construction for Mako brings with it some walled off areas near Shark Encounter, but SeaWorld has even dressed up these walls with lighting to keep up the holiday spirit!
DSC06864.JPG
The Mako brake run is the first segment of the ride to go vertical...
DSC06885.JPG
The Sea of Trees in the SeaWorld Orlando harbor is incredible!
IMG_3756.JPG
The Waterfront experiences period snow flurries throughout the evening...
DSC06923.JPG
Winter Wonderland on Ice is an incredible ice skating show set to the tune of classic holiday music. The experience is top notch!
DSC06933.JPG
Seems to be very similar to Knoebels' Traveling Taco...
DSC06935.JPG
These skillets look incredible!
DSC06943.JPG
The Christmas Village features a miniature town complete with working trains!
DSC06958.JPG
Shame Christmas Miracles is a unique holiday twist on the classic Shamu show.
DSC06961.JPG
These behaviors never cease to amaze!
DSC07000.JPG
This show is definitely worth watching!
IMG_3807.JPG
Incredible movements by the killer whales...
IMG_3821.JPG
Incredible!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnnyknottsville » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:59 pm

OMG that parrot is just absolutely beautiful!!! That red on him is just wow!!!

Great pics those shots of the Orca's in action are amazing. I don't care what anyone says your not going to get anything to learn, cooperate and put on a show if it's being abused, mistreated, and unhappy with it living conditions #ISTANDWITHSEAWORLD
I'm back
OoooWe I didn't come here to play with you woes... hahaha. I came here to Slay Biotch!!!...Um hmm I like cornbread and collard greens biotch...yous better believe it!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 am

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! SeaWorld looks fantastic with all the lights and decorations.

I'm a bit curious about the Polar Express layover for Wild Arctic. I like simulator rides (for example I LOVE Star Tours), but I absolutely hated Wild Arctic, and couldn't wait for the ride to be over. It just made me more dizzy than I've ever been on one of these rides. How does the Polar Express layover compare to the original ride experience?

johnnyknottsville wrote:#ISTANDWITHSEAWORLD

:nina:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:31 pm

I love the movie Polar Express so would be interested to ride. I didn't actually ride Wild Arctic during my visit to the park so it would be an entirely new experience for me.

Also am I the only one who finds that parrot slightly terrifying?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:54 am

SeaWorld looks great for the Christmas season. I'd be willing to give the Polar Express a try (has to be better than Wild Arctic).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 am

SeaWorld Orlando has always done a great job with their Christmas event, looking forward to getting down there in a few weeks myself.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:38 am

viking86 wrote:Great pictures, thanks for sharing! SeaWorld looks fantastic with all the lights and decorations.

I'm a bit curious about the Polar Express layover for Wild Arctic. I like simulator rides (for example I LOVE Star Tours), but I absolutely hated Wild Arctic, and couldn't wait for the ride to be over. It just made me more dizzy than I've ever been on one of these rides. How does the Polar Express layover compare to the original ride experience?

The Polar Express is DRASTICALLY less intense than Wild Arctic. The latter takes the capabilities of the simulator to the extreme and tries to throw you out of your seat, with a choppy, potato-quality video. The former is a nice family ride with some moments of completely no motion and follows the general story of the movie.

And during the polar express there are carolers outside singing to you and Santa taking pictures. It's way better all around.

Seaworld has the best Christmas entertainment of any park in Central Florida. It's very cheesy and makes me nostalgic for when I was growing up and I love it.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 pm

I am looking into buying tickets to attend the week after Thanksgiving. A couple years ago when I went you could get a second day within a week. Also on the Tickets at work site I notice it says when leaving the park for $15 I could get a second day. Do all tickets purchased qualify for a second day within a week for cheap? I am asking because their Blue Friday sale might have a better deal than tickets at work site but I want to get the second day for cheap. Many tips or advice.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 pm

The deal for individual tickets on Blue Friday is Buy one get one free. I have no clue if those tickets would then be valid when physically at the park for any second day admission deal.

http://www.iloveseaworld.com/seaworld-orlando-blue-friday-deals-revealed/?jdfwkey=zbsuu2

Additionally, a Seaworld FUN Card (99 dollars+tax) includes unlimited 2015 calendar year visits to Seaworld, parking not included. It is the defacto buy one day get the second free and more deal now.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!