TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

I'm a big fan of the B&M flyers in general and have a lot of love for Pretzels and the loop on Sky Ripper.

Sky Ripper, Tatsu and Manta all sit in or near my top 10 with Crystal Wings leading the pack of S:UF clones a fair way down.

I'm really intrigued to see what they do with this one. The space they have to work with doesn't seem that big for such a large coaster.

I've only been on one flyer but I do enjoy the concept. It might me a gimmick but it's one that actually makes a big difference when you're riding. Plus I think pretzel loops are insane!

One thing I'd like to see would be a low, close to the ground and fast section to take advantage of the flying position. I think it'd be more insteresting than some slower higher turns we usually see.

I've only been on one flyer but I do enjoy the concept. It might me a gimmick but it's one that actually makes a big difference when you're riding. Plus I think pretzel loops are insane!

One thing I'd like to see would be a low, close to the ground and fast section to take advantage of the flying position. I think it'd be more insteresting than some slower higher turns we usually see.

Totally! Make a few turns that's low to the ground and twisty like Fury 325 and that will be perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

This, I really like every flyer I've been on, in particular Tatsu. I think Tatsu could have been even better if it was more low to the ground like Ninja is. Maybe they could have had the first drop and inversion the same as it is now before going into a sequence of steep dives and sweeping turns following the terrain. That sensation of speed would've been insane! I'd even forgo the Pretzel loop as amazing as it is because I think that a terrain coaster that follows the landscape as closely as something like Ninja or Lisebergbanan is what would suit the flying coaster genre best.

This, I really like every flyer I've been on, in particular Tatsu. I think Tatsu could have been even better if it was more low to the ground like Ninja is. Maybe they could have had the first drop and inversion the same as it is now before going into a sequence of steep dives and sweeping turns following the terrain. That sensation of speed would've been insane! I'd even forgo the Pretzel loop as amazing as it is because I think that a terrain coaster that follows the landscape as closely as something like Ninja or Lisebergbanan is what would suit the flying coaster genre best.

I've never ridden Tatsu, but I always felt they made it so high up to take advantage of the hill it sits on, giving the sensation you are flying above the park much higher than what it is in reality.

That first drop looks great! I always wanted to try a flyer with a steep, non-curved first drop like that. The back row should give a great experience on that element

I am willing to hope that this park will be exactly like how Japan does things, and out-theme

anything that's out there, as a flyer coaster. How they'll design and build the flying

dinosaurs that hold us up..... chills. I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Yea you beat me to it. A lot of tour groups went around Halloween week. One of my middle schoolers just came back from going last week during normal park hours and she said although Harry Potter was around 90 minutes, the line for Backwards Hollywood Dream (being one of the only rides that isn't an option on any of the express passes) was 4 hours long!