TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

Interestingly SkyRush is my favourite roller coaster and Magnum is my second favourite. I have had no issues with roughness on Magnum or pain on both roller coasters. Am I the only one?

Both Magnum and Skyrush are rides that I need to ride with at least one hand on the restraint at all times, but I also love terrifying airtime so they are both ranked quite highly. Magnum is a good example of a coaster that really solidified my love for traveling to theme parks.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going to CP with my family as a little kid, before MilF was built, and riding everything but Magnum. The sheer size of it terrified me. I think it was 1999 (i know it was before MilF), I was either 7 or 8, I finally worked up the courage to ride Magnum XL 200. I sat next to my mom (momma's boy) and my dad rode solo in the seat behind us. I distinctly remember opening my eyes during the turnaround, since my mother told me the big hills were over haha. Little did I know the little bunny hops are where all the excitement is...

Now, 24 years of age, a couple hundred credits (quit counting), and well traveled in amusement parks, I still rate Magnum high on my list. Maybe even a top 10 if i we're to take the time to make one. This coaster is why I have such a soft spot for Arrow; truly a crowning achievement in their legacy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once again, I was invited back to the Big Fat Panda show where we talk about roller coasters, Disney, the Skyplex in Orlando and so much more! Check it out here:

My interview starts at about the 15:00 minute mark! Please click on the link and give us a thumbs up!

Edited by robbalvey

• 4 weeks later...

One of our members in the Ask Alvey forum asked us if we had ever done a reverse POV but played it backwards? I had actually, several times just to see what it would look like, but never published a video like this until now, because someone asked us to. Let us know what you think! Obviously a video like this is "just for fun."

^ When I watched this video, I kept thinking there was this "unseen force"'

silently pushing the train along, through seemingly impossible elements

at the speed it was going...and then, it was done!

Very cool video. I liked it.

I really liked that! It would be fun to see one of these every once in a while- maybe as an April Fool's Day prank or even make one look/sound like a creepy "found footage" or "haunted/possessed" (along the lines of "The Ring") type of video for Halloween? I think it would be cool to see a reverse POV backwards of something like X2, Top Thrill Dragster, or even Twisted Colossus!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it's one of the warmest Christmas seasons in most of the US right now, we can still dream about roller coasters in the snow, right? Here's a video we shot in 2005 at Nasu Highland that I realized we never released! Enjoy!

^ Great park, and yes I agree about other parks closed during snow times. WTF?

But then, at parks like Fuji-Q, a light sprinkle of mist and the whole thing shuts down.

Then it has to dry, be wiped down on the train AND the tracks (?)...

I love Japan.