TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

For the same amount of money, I could eat a full breakfast at Ohana. Plus I would get mickey and pluto to join me as well.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/breakfast

Not a totally fair comparison since you're not in the park and tip is not included. If I ever make it back to Orlando, I'd probably try the breakfast.

I guess that would depend on your point of view. At ohana, you have a great view of the lake and castle and don't have to pay the $100 ticket to get in, plus it's a full meal and not just a sandwich. I'm not concerned about paying a tip as it would never dictate how or where I eat . I am more concerned about getting a good meal for my hard earned money. $20 for essentualy a glorified egg Mc muffin is ridiculous.

Robb, I'm loving the live feeds from the Magic Kingdom. I downloaded the app and followed TPR, but for some reason haven't figured out how to watch on the app so I can comment, etc. But I've been watching the live feeds on Twitter and have been enjoying them quite a bit! Making me excited for my upcoming trip... only problem is that it isn't until January.

I am more concerned about getting a good meal for my hard earned money. $20 for essentualy a glorified egg Mc muffin is ridiculous.

Yes but you can eat your $20 Sausage and Egg McMuffin, go see Elsa then poop in Tangled Toilets! Thats $20 well spent if you ask me!

I am more concerned about getting a good meal for my hard earned money. $20 for essentualy a glorified egg Mc muffin is ridiculous.

Yes but you can eat your $20 Sausage and Egg McMuffin, go see Elsa then poop in Tangled Toilets! Thats $20 well spent if you ask me!

Well, after eating an egg Mcmuffin, I will defiantly have to poop.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or the Dinsyeland thread but has anyone noticed that the new promos for the Tomorrowland movie feature a pretty awesome shot of a guy riding a Jet Pack......... that looks very similar to the jet packs featured in the recent Jet Pack ride patent Disney filed? Not sure if that patent was mentinoed in this thread (it may have been Disneyland or Shanghai), but it's interesting that the early promos for the movie didn't feature it but the new ones do.db_2015_0318_JetPackPat21.thumb.jpg.a7718ff912955d1c913774f5a92f767b.jpg

I can't find the clip from the recent TV promos but here is a toy recently reveled featuring the Jet Packs. Not sure if Disney would ever remove the Astro Orbiter but this would certianly make for a cool new version.

Tomorrowland-Young-Frank-1.jpg.9e7429ae38a1f8ff0e3413687b7bf755.jpg

Ah that's where I saw it on here. It is odd that the newer promos for the movie feature the Jet pack shots so prominently so hopefully that translates into a new attraction somewhere.

I don't know if they would ever touch the Astro Orbiter or not but it's one of those attractions at Magic Kingdom that I always kind of forget about, if they did replace it I'm sure not very many people would notice. Then again this is Disney so there would probably be protests and "Save the Ostro Orbiter" sites created the day they make an announcement.

• 3 weeks later...

During the 24 Hour Event at the Magic Kingdom I was able to pass by Adventureland and noticed progress on the construction taking place at the former Adventureland Verandah Restaurant. In the most recent years it has been used as a meet & greet venue and before that it was a special event venue (used mostly for the Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Very Merry Christmas Party for treat distribution). Nothing official has been released regarding this new project.

CFymDhWWgAEH09V.jpg.2b874b9f1201832cfd068d5302309895.jpg

CFymDhYWEAADCIm.jpg.0b5001294aa404e235c77317a9d3cf54.jpg

CFymDpTW8AE89Q7.jpg.e49aab8cff78b3fd7d3960da1dc4d19e.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Even though we have discussion threads for all the WDW parks, I'm just going to put this in here...

This morning WDW announced New Annual Pass prices that INCLUDE unlimited "PhotoPass Downloads" on many of the options. IMO, this is a GREAT benefit and with most photos being $15 - $20 each a huge value added to the pass.

Of course, many Disney "fans" are freaking out over the new prices which I just don't understand.

They have added a new "Gold" tier for Florida Residents, and while it does include some blockout dates, it's a GREAT deal considering the blockout dates are some of the worst days at the parks anyway and you still get free parking and PhotoPass. It's only $20 more than the old "Annual Pass" and while, yes, you lose some dates, you gain PhotoPass! I think that's awesome.

694825457_ScreenShot2015-10-04at12_11_18.thumb.png.6500a22a9372a167f7ddcebdf6bba8bd.png

This morning WDW announced New Annual Pass prices that INCLUDE unlimited "PhotoPass Downloads" on many of the options. IMO, this is a GREAT benefit and with most photos being $15 - $20 each a huge value added to the pass.

Of course, many Disney "fans" are freaking out over the new prices which I just don't understand.

I mean, considering that a single-day park hopper ticket is $165 on its own plus the $20 for parking, plus the PhotoPass downloads, the Gold pass pretty much pays for itself after three visits, even if you're not renewing. The Florida theme parks have gotten more expensive across the board recently, but even if you only go to the parks once every two months the Gold pass is a very good value.

EDIT: The pass is still pretty expensive compared to Universal's passes, but you're basically paying double for four parks instead of two. Kind of tricky to figure out which one to get if you like both the Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando parks...

I also wonder how much of a value the Gold pass is compared to the Disneyland equivalent.

I think that those prices are quite reasonable considering what you are getting.

A couple of questions...

Being that we will be moving to Tampa in the next 7-9 weeks (could be longer), would we still be able to get FL resident discounts on 2016 passes say, if we didn't permanently reside in FL until January of 2016? Would you have to be a resident for 1+ year in order for the "resident" to apply to these types of discounts?

Or do the FL resident rules/discounts vary based on the park?

Just hoping that someone might know off-hand versus doing a bunch of digging.

I think that those prices are quite reasonable considering what you are getting.

A couple of questions...

Being that we will be moving to Tampa in the next 7-9 weeks (could be longer), would we still be able to get FL resident discounts on 2016 passes say, if we didn't permanently reside in FL until January of 2016? Would you have to be a resident for 1+ year in order for the "resident" to apply to these types of discounts?

Here's the info regarding Disney

Florida Resident Tickets:

Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each ticket purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

•Valid Florida driver's license

•Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)

•Valid Florida-based military ID

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult you must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months and evidencing a Florida residential address (not a PO Box) together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

•Monthly mortgage statement

•Florida vehicle registration or title

•Homeowner's insurance policy or bill

•Automobile insurance policy or bill

•Utility bill

•Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statement

•Mail from a federal, state, county or city government agency

The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. A print of an electronic bill of the type described above is acceptable. Photocopies and fax copies of bills are not acceptable.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

Here's a clip from Universal's Website

Proof of Florida Residency

Each guest must present a valid Florida ID per ticket purchased.

Please provide one of the following:•Florida Driver's License

•Florida State-issued ID card (must have Florida address)

•Florida voter's registration card with corresponding photo ID

•College ID from a Florida college or university with corresponding photo ID

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Florida-Resident-Tickets.aspx

Last but not least, SeaWorld/Busch Gardens

Proof of a Florida residential address (non-PO box) is required at time of ticket pick up (Valid Florida driver's license or valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address).

It's hidden in the fine print under offer details here:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/annualpasses/

So Disney seems to have the most relaxed policy, not requiring a FL ID, but still something that proves you actually live in the state. What's really nice about the FL Resident policies across the board is that all three have a monthly payment plan that helps spread out the cost over the year.

But to answer your original questions; nope, don't need to live here for more than a year, and the policies do vary between companies.

A couple of questions...

I'm not entirely sure here but I don't think here are "FL Resident Discounts" per se on annual passes since you have to be a Florida Resident or a DVC member to purchase certain levels of the annual passes.

Also just a heads up but one of the best ticket options Disney offers for FL residents goes usually on sale after the first of the year, used to be called the Discover Disney ticket or something, and you can get a 4 Day park hopper for about $150 that has to be used before June. So if you are undecided on the full annual pass this is a pretty good option. Four days in the spring and a day at Not So Scary in the fall makes for a nice year without buying a full annual pass.

With these price increases I do find it kind of funny how many people are outraged over parking being increased to $20. It's been $16 or $17 for years now but all the sudden $20 is where everyone is drawing the line in the sand. If they raised it to $50 I'd get it but it's a $3 increase, not that big of a deal haha.

I'm not entirely sure here but I don't think here are "FL Resident Discounts" per se on annual passes since you have to be a Florida Resident or a DVC member to purchase certain levels of the annual passes.

Might want to take a look at the image Robb posted again...

While there are only 6 levels of passes, the two most expensive are available to everyone, the top three to DVC, and all six to FL Residents.

Looking at just the top two levels, there definitely is a discount...

Platinum Pass (New Pass):

$749 for Non-FL Residents

$649 for FL Residents

$649 for DVC Members

Platinum Plus Pass (New Pass):

$829 for Non-FL Residents

$729 for FL Residents

$729 for DVC Members

Platinum Pass (Renewing a Pass):

$635 for Non-FL Residents

$549 for FL Residents

$549 for DVC Members

Platinum Plus Pass (Renewing a Pass):

$705 for Non-FL Residents

$619 for FL Residents

$619 for DVC Members

How is that not a discount for FL Residents? Add in the monthly payment plan that's available and it's pretty clear how there is a discount. Sure it's less of a discount than it used to be, because the increase is greater for FL Residents than Non-FL Residents, but it's still an average discount of $94 for being an FL Resident ($100 Discount on New Passes, $86 Discount on Renewals)

^Chill out, I was reading the email form a phone and msised the graphic with all of the levels. Besides I said " you have to be a FL resident to purchase certein levels" and four of the six annual pass levels are only available to FL Residents or DVC members, and three of the pass levels are for FL residents only (didn't it used to FL and GA residents?).

This may sound weird but I've always looked at pass pricing almost like they offer the two highest levels at an increased price to non residents/DVC members more so than at a discount to residents/DVC memebrs.

No disrespect meant (sorry if it came off that way), completely understand you. I've fallen victim to missing an image when browsing on my phone before as well.

No idea about the FL and GA residents though, I've only had my pass for a few years though.

No worries, it was probably the Monday in me reading the post to begin with.

Were were considering the Silver pass but the gold is pretty enticing. Our problem with previous seasonal passes is that friends and family always seem to want to visit in the Summer when most seasonal passes would be blacked out, but $550 for a full year excpet 2 weeks at christmas and 2 weeks at spring break is worth considering now that our daught is old enough to drop in for a day without it being moretoruble than it's worth. The silver is still pretty resonable for $390, I'd prefer nto to go in the Summer anyways.

I was planning to get a SeaWorld/Busch Gardens for Mako and Cobras curse but that might have to wait a year. I'll probably wait and see if SeaWorld puts their passes on BOGO for Black Friday again.

We did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party again last night. I really love this event! Seriously, it is my personal favorite "Orlando Halloween Event!" As much as I do like and appreciate the "haunts" going around with family & friends riding a bunch of our favorite rides with no lines dressed up in costume and getting stupidly ridiculous amounts of candy and watching some of the best family-friendly theme park shows that exist is just my kind of fun!

Here's some photos from last night...

CQgOpN6UwAEIIDh.jpg

Tonight we are at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party again! Follow along!

CQgRbg_UsAAN9z-.jpg

First stop... Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! It's fun riding coasters in costume!

CQgXdFCVEAA29AI.jpg:large

Here we all are for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

CQgeXpdWsAA79bF.jpg

I'm celebrating #NationalTacoDay at Pecos Bill during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

CQgiJIOWIAAEEmk.jpg

One of the many reasons we love Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party! 5 minute wait!!!

CQgmXe7UkAAeRkN.jpg

And the best part of Mickey's #NotSoScary? Free candy!!! And LOTS of it! Yum!!!

And yes adults along with kids are allowed if not encouraged to dress up! Check it out:

CQgsDjuUEAA8TCJ.jpg

CQgsDj1VAAEhiXQ.jpg

CQgsDlGU8AAsV_H.jpg

CQgsDlDUwAAowVF.jpg

We saw some really awesome costumes!

CQhcXEQUAAA39_w.jpg

CQhcXF-UsAArYXG.jpg

So much fun riding Big Thunder while in costumes!

CQgv1RnWUAEM1Lx.jpg

CQgv1P3WsAE9_SR.jpg

CQgv1SdWwAAjTuA.jpg

CQgv1QNWEAAVHU3.jpg

Absolutely LOVE the way they dress up Haunted Mansion for Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party!

CQg5-I0WgAA26nA.jpg

CQg5-I0WcAAbg3G.jpg

CQg5-JHXAAAa7G0.jpg

CQg5-JDWwAAYPDm.jpg

CQhAhmDUAAAdu3L.jpg:large

We brought Anna a bag of chocolate. She was pretty happy with that!

CQhEiHmVAAAFuUP.jpg

CQhEiHfUcAAwAq2.jpg

Space Mountain said 10 min but it was a walk-on! Yesss!

The candy staff have been AWESOME tonight!!! Soooo much candy!

CQhKGm9WsAA7kV9.jpg

CQhKGoQWwAAeOZq.jpg

CQhKGo-WsAIDPzj.jpg

CQhKGotWIAAZ7MI.jpg

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CQhRy6lUAAAa3nW.jpg

Suck it, California!

CQhXvO9UAAAEANB.jpg

CQhXvO7VAAAd79m.jpg

CQhXvQUUEAA2gkU.jpg

Love the new Walt Disney World Annual Pass perks! Already using our unlimited PhotoPass!

CQhcinuUAAExj-0.jpg

Headless Horseman running through the park still one of the coolest things at Walt Disney World you'll see all year!

CQheX8rVAAAPeK4.jpg

Boo To You >>> Paint The Night! Not as high tech, but waaaaay more fun!!! Better music too, OMG so much better music!

CQhgR5EWoAEap9x.jpg

CQhgR5EWIAACimb.jpg

Haunted Mansion Gravediggers still best part of any parade! Love them!!!

CQhooNAUYAA1ZDs.jpg

CQhooNDUwAARtpJ.jpg

CQhooOUUkAActfz.jpg

Silly Sideshow wins the night for best candy crew at Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party!

CQhsayFWIAATDit.jpg

CQhsayFWcAEXbDt.jpg

CQhsayXW8AAFis9.jpg

CQhsaymWsAATyLm.jpg

Yay! We hung out with Rapunzel tonight!

Anna & Elsa were very impressed with the amount of chocolate we collected tonight!

CQhvAguUcAAW5R6.jpg

CQhvAiBU8AAcuwF.jpg

CQhvAh_VEAAleHW.jpg

CQh0hT4UsAEP1b1.jpg

CQh0hT6UsAAzlYM.jpg

Another amazing Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party! Best Halloween event ever!!!

IMG_6874.thumb.JPG.4b7974633cd9b6afad12a1e2d837a8e5.JPGOh, and here is the volume of candy we collected! "Objective complete... Achievement unlocked!"