TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Dan Snyder wasn't perfect; Shapiro's strategy of cutting maintenance budgets was cited as a factor in why that girl's feet got ripped off in Kentucky. But don't blame him for Six Flags America being unable to compete. Story and Burke built a ton of rides and no infrastructure to support them adequately. Blame them.

Take a look at how his football team has done under his ownership. It's very apparent it's his fault.

SFA received the worst addition this year tbh. This park deserves at least another flat ride along with the waterpark addition. Even a superman retheme or some retheming of some sort would be better

Never know. They may have left something out, like new trains on S:ROS, etc

^Could very well be. All of the first gen Intamin hypers, excluding Millennium Force, have been rumored to be getting new trains fairly soon. Bizarro was confirmed already, but the trains will just be refurbished and not replaced. Those are second generation anyways.

SFA and Darien Lake still run first-gen trains and have been rumored to be getting new ones.

I have a question about purchasing season passes for next year. If I buy a SFA pass now I get access for the rest of this year. Does that include access to other parks for the remainder of this season or does that benefit not kick in until next season?

And I'm really looking forward to the day this park gets a new headliner attraction. Maybe RMC Roar East is in their future...

I have a question about purchasing season passes for next year. If I buy a SFA pass now I get access for the rest of this year. Does that include access to other parks for the remainder of this season or does that benefit not kick in until next season?

And I'm really looking forward to the day this park gets a new headliner attraction. Maybe RMC Roar East is in their future...

You are good to go for the rest of the year.

Wow, Six Flags America is getting Splashwater Falls, the kind of water attraction that is sure to be a great hit for the kiddies and anyone that wants to get a good soaking by standing under the giant water bucket when it tips over. Please excuse me for not being that excited about this announcement because SIX FLAGS AMERICA ALREADY HAS THAT KIND OF ATTRACTION!!!

Oh, they are redoing that area? I'm sure that there are some places inside that park that could use an upgrade ( new trains with better restraints on Superman Ride of Steel or Iron Roar or even a small flat ride), but I never suspected they'd do this to a great and unique Splash attraction. Now they will redo this area and make it just like any old Splash attraction. Oh the humanity . . .

Wow, Six Flags America is getting Splashwater Falls, the kind of water attraction that is sure to be a great hit for the kiddies and anyone that wants to get a good soaking by standing under the giant water bucket when it tips over. Please excuse me for not being that excited about this announcement because SIX FLAGS AMERICA ALREADY HAS THAT KIND OF ATTRACTION!!!

Oh, they are redoing that area? I'm sure that there are some places inside that park that could use an upgrade ( new trains with better restraints on Superman Ride of Steel or Iron Roar or even a small flat ride), but I never suspected they'd do this to a great and unique Splash attraction. Now they will redo this area and make it just like any old Splash attraction. Oh the humanity . . .

Right cause if you count fire ball as a coaster then it's going to be another 4 years for a new ride

Oh well, I didn't really think that hell would freeze over this year...I was hoping, but, you know, how likely is it that hell will really freeze over? Actually, I'd bet on that happening long before SFA ever gets a new coaster (a real coaster, not a glorified carny ride or another SF park's low grade hand-me-down). As for the water park, SFA has a decent water park, but lots of other parks do as well, and I'm not that into water parks anyway.

IMO the water park is SFA's main attraction, as all of the times I had been there in the summer time the water park side was packed and the dry side was seldom crowded at all. Hence the reason they are spending money on it. However, maybe the dry side might also attract more people if they actually had something ground breaking to draw both the GP and enthusiasts, and the park wouldn't be in the Geauga lake-like situation where the water park carries the day.

So, as I make my plans for next year's travels, yet again SFA will not be among my list of destinations.

Oh, one more thing I just thought about - a couple of years ago SFA asked for a variance in their height restriction, but sadly it seems nothing has come out of that.

2017: 100tb anniversary of wild one. Maybe some retracking with new paint.

2018: A flat ride or 2

2019: a family coaster or relocated coaster

2020: water park addition

I don't see this park getting a brand new or big roller coaster until six flags thinks the investment is worth it. Attendance wise, this park doesn't get much unless it's the water park or during fright fest.

I don't see this park getting a brand new or big roller coaster until six flags thinks the investment is worth it. Attendance wise, this park doesn't get much unless it's the water park or during fright fest.

2017 will be more than that. That's a guarantee

2017 will be more than that. That's a guarantee

Not much more. Maybe a flat, or another water park addition. Or maybe even the Frisbee from SFFT after a refurb.

IF Roar gets an I-Box conversion in the future, I wonder if it will be a Joker clone, or if it would be a unique and original layout?

Think about the company you're talking about. Just really think about it for 10 seconds. These are the geniuses that put a Batman clone 10 miles away from a Batman clone, which happened to be a few hours drive from a Batman clone. Not to mention the couple dozen other Batman clones.

Yeah, that seems cooler to RMC the Wild One, although there's more history to that ride. Anyway, you can't rule out the possibility ROAR won't be converted, it would just be more prudent to not convert 2 rides the same year. Not that IBox conversions are exactly an experiment anymore, it's a lot of money and they can see how one turns out.

Seeing the new Joker/ROAR at SFDK, I think I was proven correct that it will add less to the ride than other conversions they have done. It is full of RMC goodness, but every inversion was already a cool twisty bit, every great curve already there. Topper tracking the existing layout would be more improvement per dollar spent (guessing on cost), but it wouldn't be promotable as a new ride, so it wouldn't necessarily improve business as much per dollar.

• 2 weeks later...
So I guess today was a buyout for Muslims only day at SFA. Is that a regular thing?

www.muslimfamilyday.com/cities/?settag=9

Parks usually have private events this time of year.

I didn't ask about private events in general, I was more curious about this event because closing on a Saturday is not common which sparked my inquiry if it happened regularly which was answered by CH

Edited by chadster