TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Will they have blue and red trains like the original S:ROS? I don't want to see both those trains getting the same color like Bizarro did. Also I hope they work the restraints up a bit. It hurt a bit the last time I rode it a few weeks back.

I asked that question knowing that could happen. She answered it like the person that asked it was stupid and said of course they will be red and blue. So that is good I guess.

Looking back there is no confirmation of the physical headrest removal. The audio is going though, so I assume the headrests are going to. If not SFNE has no idea what they are doing.

The headrests/audio will be removed for Superman! Hopefully more news comes out.

Interesting since the following was in the press release: To create an even better ride experience, Superman™ The Ride will offer Super Hero music and theming throughout this epic coaster.

I guess they will install monster speakers all around the ride.

I could give a crap about the name or the color...get rid of that God-awful audio.

As long as the ride ops don't start going Whoop Whoop on every dispatch.

Not that this matters at all to 99.99999% of people out there, but it drives me crazy that they renamed it to "Superman The Ride" instead of "Superman Ride of Steel." I'm getting getting older, it's getting harder to keep track of all these coaster names, and this is name #3 for this ride.

Surprised I seem to be the first to point this out, but another huge problem with Bizarro was the rattling, like the entire ride was one long unpaved road. I'm not getting my hopes up *at all* that this will be fixed (since the trains are staying the same and they were obviously the problem) but it sure would be nice. I didn't mind the restraints and I wouldn't even mind onboard audio, although I'm sticking to my theory that the sound system was a big contributor to the rattling in the first place.

They wouldn't specify where the sound/audio would be, but they said not the train. My guess is on the lift and brakes. If they got El Toro restraints too that would be wonderful.

One of the biggest features about these new Bizzaro trains when they were promoted is that they were going to get El Toro "U bar" restraints, so they already have them. Everyone seemed to be really excited about that. Personally, I find them uncomfortable on both El Toro and Bizarro. I'd love the old hyper t-bars back like Cedar Point, so without the shin and ankle shackles.

I like the new trains a lot otherwise and they'll look great in red and blue. It's the view blocking audio headrests that take away from the experience. Oh happy day of those go

Not that this matters at all to 99.99999% of people out there, but it drives me crazy that they renamed it to "Superman The Ride" instead of "Superman Ride of Steel." I'm getting getting older, it's getting harder to keep track of all these coaster names, and this is name #3 for this ride.

...just say Superman...

If someone posts a stupid rumor on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc... PLEASE do not bring it into these forums. Unless you are putting it into the super rumor thread. It is not funny to get people riled up for no reason in the discussion threads. Thank You.

Let stupidity live elsewhere on the internet, not here.

Maybe play some epic music during the lift, nothing else. (no stupid quotes from movies)

Superman theme. The epic coaster song. Slow buildup when on the lift, to the loud and famous classical music on the circuit. So easy and perfect.