TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Why can't Dorney get something?

Dorney can take Wild One then, which should satisfy historians and the need for another wooden coaster--and Ragin Cajun too, why not

There's no chance Six Flags would sell, but if they did and Cedar Fair bought it, then this park would be Geauga Lake 2 to strengthen the market for Kings Dominion.

I agree, but I don't think as many people would be as upset as the Geauga Lake situation. GL was a great loss. SFA is just meh to most folk.

If its water park related for 2016 I'd LOVE to see Proslide be the company behind it. They make some awesome slides.

Someone said they are not in tune with water park rides. Check out Proslides website. I wish we could get some of that technology. I WOULD love to see something like Wildebeast that Holiday World has - that ride is AMAZING!

I'm actually totally fine with no major additions to the dry side, so long as they keep sprucing areas up a bit. I'd love to see the same thing they did with Mardi Gras done to the area over by Mind Eraser, even if it didn't come with anything new. SFA seriously has a lot of potential to be a much smaller, but much better park in the chain than a lot of the bigger ones with great rides but a totally sh*t experience.

This six flags need more than just a water park improvement. That bourbon street coaster is nothing but a state fair ride. They need something behind batwing or mind eraser.

You must have never ridden Bourbon Street Fireball. A whole lot better than the state fair variant.

Giant Interactive Water Attraction Coming to Six Flags America in 2016

Splashwater Falls to Keep Families Cool at Maryland’s Largest Theme Park

Six Flags America, the region’s largest theme park, today announced the addition of Splashwater Falls in spring 2016. The giant new interactive water playground will feature dozens of slides, nets, sprays, geysers and thrills for the whole family to enjoy. To top off the fun a super-sized, tipping bucket atop the huge play structure will dump water on guests throughout the day.

Parents can relax on a freeform deck surrounding Splashwater Falls complete with new lounge chairs and umbrellas. The little ones will enjoy exploring a variety of water play platforms, fountains, jets and water curtains, plus open and enclosed slides keeping everyone cool in the hot Maryland summer.

“Our guests recognize Six Flags America as a favorite destination for having fun with friends and family, and our Hurricane Harbor water park is the perfect place to play and beat the heat,” said Rick Howarth, park president. “The addition of Splashwater Falls demonstrates our commitment to giving guests something new to experience every year.”

Splashwater Falls will complement the variety of experiences for the whole family including thrilling attractions like Tornado, a six-story funnel of fun; Bonzai Pipelines, the high altitude drop slide, Castaway Creek lazy river and the largest wave pool in the region. With the addition of this new attraction, Hurricane Harbor will keep its place as the favorite summer destination for families from Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and beyond to cool off.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.ldjjGsRC.dpuf

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.b8659f3cead5fa2d9be52a64cdaefdb8.jpg

sfa-sf-ka.thumb.jpg.39d91aa49180702feca4fcc3560c0de4.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Wow... Tall about getting the short end of the stick. Incredibly dissatisfied, but unfortunately expected. I hope there's a refurb of Superman somewhere soon.

Yeah, everyone knew that this was coming as they removed a play area. Guess I can look forward to whatever improvements they are going to do next year.

It's totally a necessary addition and this park has been improving in leaps and bounds in the last 5-7 years. That said, after so many minor expansions they are constantly falling behind in terms of blockbuster attractions, so unfortunately I'll be spending my tile and money elsewhere next year (Kings Dominion) because this just doesn't appeal to me.

There's only so long you can long you can "keep waiting" with strong hope. I can wait until 2017, but in the meantime I won't be waiting at SFA.

I get that water parks are a huge draw for regional parks right now, so I get why this addition would win out over a park improvement... It just stinks for Six Flags America because once again they can't catch a break when it comes getting a major, new investment in their amusement park operation.

I'm disappointed. I would have loved to see this plus some sort of minor addition in the dry park. Rehab another section, maybe over by Mind Eraser. Or put in a SkyScreamer or some other flat ride. Even a bathroom, or how about a tree. ANYTHING.

Stupid decision by Six Flags to give Discovery Kingdom's Roar the RMC treatment instead of America's. Discovery Kingdom's Roar is way smoother and in better shape. Plus America needs a great coaster more.

They didn't even bother to put the Millennium Flyer trains on America's Roar.

Want to know who to blame for the abandonment of Six Flags America? A greedy dirtbag by the name of Daniel Snyder. This clown ruined a perfectly good park and is now running the worst sports team in the entire world: The Washington R*dsk*ns.

Stupid decision by Six Flags to give Discovery Kingdom's Roar the RMC treatment instead of America's. Discovery Kingdom's Roar is way smoother and in better shape. Plus America needs a great coaster more.

They didn't even bother to put the Millennium Flyer trains on America's Roar.

Want to know who to blame for the abandonment of Six Flags America? A greedy dirtbag by the name of Daniel Snyder. This clown ruined a perfectly good park and is now running the worst sports team in the entire world: The Washington R*dsk*ns.

Is an RMC not an improvement to any coaster?

Dan Snyder wasn't perfect; Shapiro's strategy of cutting maintenance budgets was cited as a factor in why that girl's feet got ripped off in Kentucky. But don't blame him for Six Flags America being unable to compete. Story and Burke built a ton of rides and no infrastructure to support them adequately. Blame them.

I kind of feel sorry for Six Flags America getting the short end of the stick again. I wish I could donate my home park's Scream to them so they would have something they would apprieciate a lot more than we do, and besides we don't really need it anyways.