The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Location: El Toro, back seat, crossing over what used to be Rolling Thunder

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Oryp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

Made my way to the park for the first time. Extremely disappointed at the idiotic "no sudden movements" policy on the Flyers, especially since snapping them doesn't even need "sudden movements" but I get told to stop anyways. I was a gently steering in and out, snapping better than expected, and the lady says "for your safety, please no sudden movements." If the policy was "no snapping," I can respect it, but they don't even know what policy they're trying to enforce. What is this world coming to?
Count: 199
Skyrush | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Superman: The Ride | Millenium Force
Outlaw Run | El Toro | Boulder Dash | Thunderhead | Phoenix

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:50 pm

I really hope they don't make the mistake of removing the bobsleds, its their only unique coaster other than the comet really. The one thing however working against it is the curfew of closing it at 6pm due to the noise (which I always thought was ridiculous). They have room in this town to expand if they just remove the old nightmare building, or better yet they should add a new ride in the existing building, a spinning coaster or something along those lines would be a great fit for a family park like Great Escape. I just feel the bobsled is more unique than everything other than the Comet. Personally its my second favorite in the park after Comet, which unfortunately isn't saying much.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:36 am

Lightning is Headed for The Great Escape!
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 06.33.34.png

Six Flags Great Escape Announces 2016 Thrill Ride
Six Flags Great Escape today announced the addition of the hair-raising Greezed Lightnin’ in 2016. The all-new super looping thrill ride will rocket guests 360 degrees, reach exhilarating speeds and leave them hanging, waiting for more.

Greezed Lightnin’ will seat 24 riders in “face-off” position and begin to rock forward and backward, pendulum style. Once the train reaches maximum height, guests experience one of the longest suspended hang-times – over 70 feet in the air, upside down. Thrill seekers are then hurled through a series of seven full inversions, both frontward and backward, offering sheer looping mayhem.

The new attraction will be located across from Thunder Alley in one of the most historic and visible sections of the park. Greezed Lightnin’s impressive lights and flames will transport guests back in time with its 1950’s theme and hot rod inspiration.

“From high speeds, to suspenseful hang time and countless inversions, Greezed Lightnin’ will rev up the engine of every thrill seeker,” said Eric Gilbert, park president, Six Flags Great Escape Resort. “We are also excited that the ride will have a flashy 50’s theme to ‘recharge’ this historic section of our park.”

Six Flags Great Escape is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 65% off on 2016 Passes! September 3 through September 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to both Six Flags Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits to Fright Fest® at Six Flags Great Escape in 2015 and all of 2016.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/greatescape/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.rGTc9Blt.dpuf
2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:33 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:14 am

Glad to see they at least added a new thrill ride instead of another water park addition, but it s still a huge letdown to Great Escape fans. Many were expecting a real coaster this year, oh well maybe next year will be the year. At least they are finally listening about adding more thrill rides. At least they aren't claiming its a coaster like all the super loops last year.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:09 am

CNYCoasterguy11 wrote:Glad to see they at least added a new thrill ride instead of another water park addition, but it s still a huge letdown to Great Escape fans. Many were expecting a real coaster this year, oh well maybe next year will be the year. At least they are finally listening about adding more thrill rides. At least they aren't claiming its a coaster like all the super loops last year.

On Facebook they didn't claim it was a coaster, but they did announce it as a "Looping Coaster" in the newsletter.
Of course that's a new thrill ride, but still very disappointing.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:13 am

Something is better than nothing. The Larson Loops are good rides in my eyes.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:17 am

Leave it to Six Flags to pull an old ride title out of the archive and make it new again... I'd imagine several Six Flags AstroWorld fans' ears perked up when they heard this title.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:44 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Leave it to Six Flags to pull an old ride title out of the archive and make it new again... I'd imagine several Six Flags AstroWorld fans' ears perked up when they heard this title.

Or Kentucky Kingdom fans
Or California's Great American fans
Or Knott's Fans

Or all the other parks that had rides themed to Greased Lightnin'
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Crystal Beach, Ontario circa 1969 via the Wabac Machine

Postby Mr.Peabody » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:30 am

I"m thinking of heading out to Fright Fest this season. Is Fright Fest a separate charge event, or can you ride the Comet all day then hit the haunted houses at night? I'm thinking of getting a season pass for next year then upgrading to the 2016 Gold Pass, and Great Escape is the closes Six Flags property to me.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:03 pm

I really hope this park gets a new coaster soon. They have Comet back there all alone with nothing to compliment it.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!