Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Password121 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 pm

AnonymousReed wrote:
Password121 wrote:^^Thats just... Weird. I just don't get why it's necessary.
If it's legit though it's also really weird. Two new areas? An Aqua Twist played off as a kiddie ride? What's with the drop tower too large for young kids but too small for adults?

Stop complaining.

I think sometimes people like to call out complainers as often as they can.

I'm not complaining. I said it's a strange addition because it is unusual--when was the last time a SF park announced two new kiddie areas with rides like these? I just don't fully understand the reasoning behind it, and I was in no way complaining.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 pm

The reasoning is more things for families. ..that simple.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 pm

That's looks awesome! I love the DC Comics theme instead of Looney Tunes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37 am

This is very needed at Six Flags Over Georgia. The area hasn't really been expanded since 1993-1994?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:35 am

World’s First DC Super Friends Kids’ Area to Headline Major Park Renovation for 2016 Season

12 Rides and Attractions within Two New Themed Areas at Six Flags Over Georgia

AUSTELL, Ga. — September 3, 2015 — Thrilling family fun is in the works, as Six Flags Over Georgia today announced the all-new DC SUPER FRIENDS themed area and the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown for the 2016 season. The two new areas will feature 12 rides and attractions, in what will become the perfect family destination spot within the Thrill Capital of the South.

“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”

The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions, including:

· Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;

· The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;

· Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;

· Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and

· The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.

The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:

· Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;

· Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;

· Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;

· Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;

· Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;

· Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and

· Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.

Bugs Bunny Boomtown is scheduled to open for the 2016 season in early spring and the DC Super Friends themed area is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.

For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.

Six Flags White Water!
It is off to the races to see who is the fastest in the family, as Six Flags White Water adds the new 60-foot tall exhilarating Wahoo Racer water slide. The multi-lane mat racing slide complex is the largest slide of its kind in the world at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park. Riders will experience the thrill of racing against their friends and family members reaching speeds of up to 40 feet per second on six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans.
2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.jpg
SFOG_AerialView_DCSuperFriends_Rendering (With Legals).jpg
SFOG_AerialView_DCSuperFriends_Renderings (With Legals).jpg
SFOG_BugsBunnyBoomtownAerial_Rendering (with Legals).jpg
SFOG_DaffyDuckBucketBlasters_Rendering (With Legals).jpg
SFOG_SupermanTowerofPower_Rendering (With Legals).jpg
SFOG_WonderWomanFlightSchool_Rendering (With Legals).jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:03 am.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:17 am

Love that the park is finally getting new flats the past couple of years!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:44 am

Intense and Snake-Like Mega Water Slide Complex to Debut in 2016
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 06.44.57.png

Pits Six Riders Against Each Other and Stands Nearly 60-Feet Tall at Six Flags White Water
MARIETTA, Ga. — September 3, 2015 — Recently named one of the Top 10 Amusement and Water Parks in the country, Six Flags White Water is off to the races in 2016 with the addition of the all-new Wahoo Racer. The thrilling multi-lane water slide complex will be the largest in the world and add to the park’s impressive line-up of more than 50 slides and attractions at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park.

“This new massive water slide complex will provide our guests the chance to challenge friends and family members for the ultimate crown of Wahoo Racer champion,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park President Dale Kaetzel. “Our new slide complex continues our commitment of providing Six Flags White Water guests with the best water park in the Southeast.”

The two-tiered mat slider will send racers through an intense, snake-like stretch of multi-colored tubes and then into track-like style sprinting lanes and will feature:

A tower standing nearly 60-feet and easily visible from Interstate 75 where the park is located;
Speeds of up to 40 feet per second; and
Six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans for the ultimate competing thrill.
Six Flags White Water and Wahoo Racer will open for the 2016 season in mid-May. For more information about Wahoo Racer, the recently added 100-foot tall Dive Bomber and other exciting attractions at White Water, visit sixflags.com/whitewater.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/whitewater/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.e2J4nKl7.dpuf
new-2016_sfww_7.jpg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:59 am

Wow, this park is getting some love!
Tigga, please!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 am

I really like what I see here. Seems like a very well thought out kids/family expansion with some great rides. Does anyone see any more specific information on Superman Tower of Power? It looks like a sized down S&S space shot to me, which would be awesome!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:03 am

I don't know if anybody shares my opinion; but I feel like this is one of the better additions. Adding some flats to a park that really needs them, and giving them a fresh theme as well. The DC Super Friends area will be a hit.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!