TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The plat flash pass doesn't allow for re-rides, if no line, re-ride all you want except for titan. mr. freeze is suppose to be twice before they make you walk.

hmmmm, finally!!

"Buy early and receive exclusive access to ride wait times on the Six Flags Mobile App in 2016"

Is it sad that I really wish SFOT would get a nice B&M wing-coaster, or a Dive Machine?! I think either of those would be a great fit for the park.

I agree. SFOT should get a wing coaster. The park already has a 200+ ft coaster with a 90° drop (Mr. Freeze) so I'm not big on a dive coaster, but a wingrider or floorless would be a nice fit.

For those that complained about people having to dump their drinks out in buckets and saying it was gross, well, remember when I told you that a drink dump station would be put in? Well, it's almost ready. It's located at the entry point of the single rider/flash pass line to allow security to monitor both. When the building is full, you will be held at the drink dump station and allowed to keep your drink until proceeding to the building.

I would not be surprised if that cost a small mint with permits, plumbing costs, etc but will certainly be better than the buckets.

For those that complained about people having to dump their drinks out in buckets and saying it was gross, well, remember when I told you that a drink dump station would be put in? Well, it's almost ready. It's located at the entry point of the single rider/flash pass line to allow security to monitor both. When the building is full, you will be held at the drink dump station and allowed to keep your drink until proceeding to the building.

I would not be surprised if that cost a small mint with permits, plumbing costs, etc but will certainly be better than the buckets.

I was just surprised the area was not over run with bees.

So they posted another teaser to their facebook page.... but WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAANNNN??????

I get the vibe that these teasers are filmed in the same area of the Runaway Mine Train heading toward the Oil Derrick/Shockwave area. But the subjects in the video seem to be looking in the direction of Mr. Freeze and Batman??

What are yall's thoughts?

Edited by RissaBooBissa

The park already did Batman backwards, so unlikely.

Maybe it's a Joker retheme of Batman. Like SFNE did to Bizarro a few years ago.

I'm thinking it does have something to do with "joker". All the teasers so far say "It's all fun and games until..." so it fits. Maybe they are rebranding Pandemonium? lol

A Batman mug? Sheesh, they've got Batman, Mr Freeze, Justice League, and some random Batman themed flat ride, as far as I can remember. Give another superhero a shot! I hear Orgazmo is hard up for work these days.

Six Flags Over Texas Announces Major Expansion with 3 New Rides

DC Universe Villains Help Boost Theme Park’s Coaster Resume

Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today announced plans for an impressive expansion to the GOTHAM CITY section of the park that will include three new rides in 2016. The area will become the ultimate battle of BATMAN versus the Rogue’s Gallery of Super-Villains with the opening of The Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, and Harley Quinn Spinsanity. These exhilarating rides will stand alongside MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast giving guests an epic dose of villainous coasters after enjoying BATMAN™ The Ride in this portion of the park.

“We are excited to offer our guests these premium attractions, thanks to our partnership with the popular DC Comics brand,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president. “These rides are an excellent addition to our already impressive line-up and the expansion of Gotham City will offer a uniquely villainous experience.”

The Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, and Harely Quinn Spinsanity will taunt and beckon guests as they make their way through Gotham City. Characteristic of The Riddler’s flamboyant and unpredictable style, the intriguing and oversized pendulum shaped ride — The Riddler Revenge — will send guests on a dizzying journey by swinging them back and forth while rotating counterclockwise. The ride will propel 40 riders at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour higher and higher until they experience a feeling of weightlessness at 147 feet in the air. On Catwoman Whip, 48 riders, sitting in rows of two, will spin and tilt in a circular motion, building up speed as the ride whips around, mimicking its namesake. Harley Quinn Spinsanity will have riders spinning, twisting and swirling around and around in a thrilling and classic ride experience for the entire family.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.vQaQaY3n.dpuf

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.4061a19fcdbda5f880f03da128d623ae.jpg

sfot-combo-ka.thumb.jpg.0dad2e0d64601f4e6429eaa5e94c1e43.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Cool. Riddler looks like a Zamperla Frisbee (Kennywood) and Catwoman's Whip looks also like a Zamperla Endevour, which is like an Enterprise.

My question is, is one of those is a HUSS Trokia, and they already have "Crazy Legs", so is that being moved and rethemed?