Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:06 am

Awesome!!! Totally unexpected
Screenshot_2015-09-03-02-06-24.png
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:08 am

Ha, what a joke.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:34 am

Six Flags Over Texas Announces Major Expansion with 3 New Rides

DC Universe Villains Help Boost Theme Park’s Coaster Resume
Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today announced plans for an impressive expansion to the GOTHAM CITY section of the park that will include three new rides in 2016. The area will become the ultimate battle of BATMAN versus the Rogue’s Gallery of Super-Villains with the opening of The Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, and Harley Quinn Spinsanity. These exhilarating rides will stand alongside MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast giving guests an epic dose of villainous coasters after enjoying BATMAN™ The Ride in this portion of the park.

“We are excited to offer our guests these premium attractions, thanks to our partnership with the popular DC Comics brand,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president. “These rides are an excellent addition to our already impressive line-up and the expansion of Gotham City will offer a uniquely villainous experience.”

The Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, and Harely Quinn Spinsanity will taunt and beckon guests as they make their way through Gotham City. Characteristic of The Riddler’s flamboyant and unpredictable style, the intriguing and oversized pendulum shaped ride — The Riddler Revenge — will send guests on a dizzying journey by swinging them back and forth while rotating counterclockwise. The ride will propel 40 riders at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour higher and higher until they experience a feeling of weightlessness at 147 feet in the air. On Catwoman Whip, 48 riders, sitting in rows of two, will spin and tilt in a circular motion, building up speed as the ride whips around, mimicking its namesake. Harley Quinn Spinsanity will have riders spinning, twisting and swirling around and around in a thrilling and classic ride experience for the entire family.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.vQaQaY3n.dpuf
sfot-combo-ka.jpg
2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:21 am.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:19 am

I really hope this is the first of many Giant Frisbee style rides that Six Flags installs.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:26 am

Cool. Riddler looks like a Zamperla Frisbee (Kennywood) and Catwoman's Whip looks also like a Zamperla Endevour, which is like an Enterprise.

My question is, is one of those is a HUSS Trokia, and they already have "Crazy Legs", so is that being moved and rethemed?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:10 am

I like this addition. Flats are never a bad thing. A return of the Enterprise models is also something I'm excited for.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:46 am

Excellent addition here!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastercrazi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:03 am

YES! Great Additions!!
Crazi :lmao:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:24 am

Having ridden Max Air at CP I think this will be a fantastic new addition to the park. The Catwoman ride I'm not too familiar with but it looks awesome!

I'm sure disapointed we didn't get that ring the bell game though. ;)

Harley Quinn is just a re-themed version of Crazy Legs. Now re-theme
Pandamonium to Joker an were good to go.

On a seperate note, I think it's interesting that Six Flags Mexico and
SFGA are getting Justice League dark rides.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby WindexCyanide13 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:30 am

Catwoman is a Zamperla Endeavor. The first model is coming to Luna Park NYC "soon".

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!