TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The World’s First Looping Coaster Is Getting Newly Designed Trains

In 2016, Six Flags Magic Mountain will debut an all-new ride experience, The New Revolution.

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the world's first looping coaster, we're refurbishing the coaster with new trains, special ride effects, and a new look. The New Revolution train will feature red, white, and blue colors with a silver eagle hood adornment on the cars. Newly designed trains will be fitted with lap and calf bars. The elimination of shoulder harnesses will give you a faster, smoother, sleeker ride with more airtime than you've ever experienced before.

The New Revolution, the beloved steel roller coaster that has thrilled over 45 million guests in its 40-year reign at the park, will be repainted a brilliant white and blue color, while newly designed trains will be fitted with lap and calf bars, and feature Americana red, white and blue colors with a silver eagle hood adornment. For coaster fans, the elimination of shoulder harnesses will provide a smoother, sleeker ride experience with more airtime.

With its new trains and makeover, The New Revolution will also feature:

- The world’s first giant loop – 90 feet high and 45 feet in diameter

- Fast and furious dips and dives, built into the park’s lush hillsides

- Speeds of 55 mph

- Two minutes of thrills on 3,457 feet of track.

The original Revolution steel coaster opened on May 8, 1976 as the Great American Revolution, in honor of the country’s bicentennial celebration. Its farewell run will occur on September 7, 2015 after which the transformation will begin.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/new-2016/facts#sthash.9QqQKlUJ.dpuf

sfmm-nr-ka.thumb.jpg.517f866128b9acfc675bdf889cfb0524.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I loved everything about Revolution except for the OTSR's when I rode it last year. Sorry I'll miss out on it this year but can't wait to see what the new trains are like! I hope the effects are a bit understated but I know this is Six Flags we're dealing with.

I'm happy that they are finally doing what should of been done years ago on Rev but come on they could have at least thrown in one of those Giant Frisbee's to!!!

I was kinda drooling over the flat ride packages that SFOT and SFFT got, but I'm happy with this. Maybe MM will get the flats in 2017

YESSSS..... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mn_sfmm-nr.jpg?itok=aCrcxtz6

^From the sfmm site

I like!!!

So, who are these trains coming from.... I think it would be fitting if it was Intamin, but judging from the pic I don't think so. Can't wait to find out.

And, does this mean the trims will finally go away?

YESSSS..... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mn_sfmm-nr.jpg?itok=aCrcxtz6

^From the sfmm site

I like!!!

So, who are these trains coming from.... I think it would be fitting if it was Intamin, but judging from the pic I don't think so. Can't wait to find out.

The footage used in the video looks like a Mack coaster. I know it doesnt mean that Mack will do the trains, but I'm hoping!!